The Education Forum

What happened to Sandra Bland's smartphone footage?

The Sandra Bland traffic stop went pretty routinely until about 9:00 into video released by the Texas DPS. The officer was polite until he REQUESTED, not ordered, her to put out her cigarette and she demurred. The cop seems to have sort of split personality and immediate became very hostile ordering her out of the car. After initially resisting she complied when he threatened to Taser her. She gets out at 10:37 and can be seen holding up her phone. When they were off camera her told her to "get off the phone" and she replied she was filming him. After continued orders to put it down she can be seen putting her cellphone on the trunk of her car. So where's the footage? I have seen this discussed elsewhere.

When will crazed conspiracist Colby stop !! ,gaal

Inmate in Cell Next to Sandra Bland ‘Positive’ She Knows Cause of Death — and Second Inmate Agrees

Jul. 24, 2015 9:10pm Oliver Darcy

The inmate across the hall from the woman found dead in a Texas jail said Friday that she is “positive” the 28-year-old committed suicide.

Police say that Sandra Bland, who was arrested on July 10 and found dead three days later, hung herself with a plastic garbage bag from inside her cell. The death was ruled a suicide by a medical examiner.

Bland’s family, however, has disputed this claim, contending that she was excited about a new job and wouldn’t take her own life. “Black Lives Matter” activists have strongly suggested that authorities may have been responsible for Bland’s death.

But Alexandria Pyle told KTRK-TV that she is certain police at the Texas jail weren’t guilty of foul play.

“I don’t think the guards did anything. I mean it’s a tragedy either way, but I don’t think the guards did anything,” she told the news station.

“I don’t think the guards did anything.”

Share:

When asked if she believed that Bland committed suicide, Pyle told KTRK, “I’m positive it was, but that’s just me.”

A second inmate who spoke to KTRK said the same thing.

CKuJTQOUAAE1YXY.png-large-620x365.png

Image source: KTRK-TV

“Do you think she committed suicide?” a reporter asked.

“I do, I do,” the anonymous inmate replied. “Nobody went in or out of her cell.”

“And as far as the guards there in the jail, they were really nice. They just did their job,” she added.

Bland may have struggled with depression.

While being booked to the Waller County Jail, the 28-year-old told police that she attempted suicide with pills in 2014 following the loss of her baby.

When asked if she was feeling depressed, she said “yes.” When asked if she was feeling depressed at that moment, she responded in the affirmative. Bland told authorities she had thoughts of suicide, but said she hadn’t had any that day.

The information is in line with what Bland posted on her Facebook page earlier this year. In a video, she told her friends she was battling “a little bit of depression as well as PTSD.”

Follow the author of this story on Twitter and Facebook:

Edited by Steven Gaal