The Education Forum

Gerald Ford And Howard Brennan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruby knew he had to show up...

Then why wasn't Ruby already downtown prior to 10:00 AM, which is when Oswald was supposed to originally be transferred?

I'll ask him when I see him.

I'm not going to argue with you.

As much as I hate to butt in, my recollection is that some years later Brennan actually wrote either a short book or was cited in an article in which he made a number of claims far beyond his earlier testimony - he talked about his extremely exceptional vision (regardless of some factual questions about his eyesight and glasses), he did say he had recognized Oswald but had been afraid to say so ....there was a lot that would raise considerable questions about his credibility but it may be what was picked up on by Ford. Sorry, cannot recall the source but some searching might bring it up. The later statements, plus photo studies showing he was not in the position he stated nor could have seen what he said he saw at the proper times has come up before in research - its an oldie that I have not seen discussed recently.

Mr. Von Pein, I thank you for an honest and forthright answer.

PERSONALLY, I figure Ford didn't believe that anyone would be looking further into the JFK assassination, once the Warren Commission Report was filed. So my guess is that he actually thought he could say anything about Oswald being guilty without ever being challenged.

And, honestly...I don't recall anyone ever challenging this statement of Ford's while he was alive. I think he was THAT zealous in his desire to convince the public of Oswald's guilt, that he believed that one "little white lie" wouldn't matter, because if no one followed up, his "little white lie" would never be discovered.

And he truly ALMOST got away with it.

Larry,

But what about Brennan's FIRST-DAY (Nov. 22) affidavit? In that affidavit, Brennan clearly indicates he saw a "slender...white man in his early 30s ... taking aim with a high powered rifle" from an upper-story window on the east end of the TSBD Building.

That's Brennan's FIRST-DAY account, within hours of the assassination---and that affidavit perfectly matches just about everything he told the Warren Commission a few months later. I see no discrepancies at all between the things Brennan laid out in his voluntary statement on Nov. 22 and his later testimony.

And I find it nearly impossible to comprehend how anyone could even begin to believe (as some do) that NO SHOTS AT ALL came from the sixth floor of the Depository after reading the affidavit presented below by Howard L. Brennan. But, incredibly, there are some CTers who believe no shots at all came from the sixth floor. And among them was the late Harold Weisberg.....

jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2011/10/harold-weisberg.html

Harold Weisberg Audio Clip

I guess Mr. Weisberg must have thought Brennan just made up this statement from whole cloth: ~shrug~

Howard-Brennan-Affidavit.gif

Edited by David Von Pein

David, the remarks from Brennan that I'm citing have to do with his purported first day positive identification of the man he saw shooting as Lee Oswald, something he did not state for the record at the time.

I'm afraid I cannot rely on my memory to go further into his elaborations and issues relation to them, I just wanted to alert everyone that it is out there somewhere. If I'm correct it was being

discussed well over a decade ago....

DVP said:

Larry,

But what about Brennan's FIRST-DAY (Nov. 22) affidavit? In that affidavit, Brennan clearly indicates he saw a "slender...white man in his early 30s ... taking aim with a high powered rifle" from an upper-story window on the east end of the TSBD Building.

That's Brennan's FIRST-DAY account, within hours of the assassination---and that affidavit perfectly matches just about everything he told the Warren Commission a few months later. I see no discrepancies at all between the things Brennan laid out in his voluntary statement on Nov. 22 and his later testimony.

And I find it nearly impossible to comprehend how anyone could even begin to believe (as some do) that NO SHOTS AT ALL came from the sixth floor of the Depository after reading the affidavit presented below by Howard L. Brennan. But, incredibly, there are some CTers who believe no shots at all came from the sixth floor. And among them was the late Harold Weisberg.....

time and research laddie have been blowing holes in the 1964 WCR for a long time. The WCR is falling apart before your very eyes...

Edited by David G. Healy

David, the remarks from Brennan that I'm citing have to do with his purported first day positive identification of the man he saw shooting as Lee Oswald, something he did not state for the record at the time.

I'm afraid I cannot rely on my memory to go further into his elaborations and issues relation to them, I just wanted to alert everyone that it is out there somewhere. If I'm correct it was being discussed well over a decade ago....

Okay. Thanks, Larry.

For the record, here's what Howard Brennan told the Warren Commission on March 24, 1964 [at 3 H 148]....

DAVID W. BELIN -- "Mr. Brennan, could you tell us now whether you can or cannot positively identify the man you saw on the sixth floor window as the same man that you saw in the police station?"

HOWARD L. BRENNAN -- "I could at that time—I could, with all sincerity, identify him as being the same man."

Edited by David Von Pein

Then why wasn't Ruby already downtown prior to 10:00 AM, which is when Oswald was supposed to originally be transferred?

Maybe Ruby got cold feet, and had to be "persuaded" to carry out his task.

Or....

Maybe Jack Ruby's movements were just exactly what they appeared to be --- the movements of a man who did not wake up on Sunday morning, November 24, 1963, with the thought in his mind of murdering Lee Harvey Oswald, but due to ordinary non-conspiratorial circumstances found himself downtown near the City Hall building (with a gun in his possession, which he was known to carry, even on days when accused Presidential assassins were NOT being housed at Dallas Police Headquarters) at precisely the right moment to encounter Lee Harvey Oswald in the police basement.

Is the above scenario even remotely possible in a conspiracy theorist's world?

Edited by David Von Pein

I recall an eyewitness stating that he saw Ruby downtown around 10 and that Ruby asked him if Oswald had been transferred yet.

Or....

Maybe Jack Ruby's movements were just exactly what they appeared to be --- the movements of a man who did not wake up on Sunday morning, November 24, 1963, with the thought in his mind of murdering Lee Harvey Oswald, but due to ordinary non-conspiratorial circumstances found himself downtown near the City Hall building (with a gun in his possession, which he was known to carry, even on days when accused Presidential assassins were NOT being housed at Dallas Police Headquarters) at precisely the right moment to encounter Lee Harvey Oswald in the police basement.

Then why did he show up at the police station on several occasions after Oswald was arrested? Why did he go to the news conference the night of the 22nd and correct Henry Wade, making sure Oswald to tied to the Fair Play for Cuba Committee, as opposed to an anti-Castro group? These actions cast serious doubts on your scenario. Add in Ruby's telling of a friend to "come see the fireworks" along the motorcade route, his frenzied calls after the assassination, the number of calls and curious people he talks to leading up to his killing of Oswald, and the scenario becomes highly unlikely.

Or....

Yes it is. Is my scenario even remotely possible in a lone nutter's world?

Is my scenario even remotely possible in a lone nutter's world?

Extremely remote (at best).

And what about Jack Ruby (on Nov. 22) telephoning his sister Eileen in Chicago and telling her that he might fly to Chicago to see her that night? Was that just part of a scheme by Ruby to throw people off so they wouldn't suspect that Ruby was really on a mission to rub out Lee Harvey Oswald throughout the whole weekend of November 22 to 24, 1963?

And how did Jack know that his sister Eileen would tell him NOT to come to Chicago that night? Was Eileen part of the scheme too?....

MRS. EILEEN KAMINSKY -- "Jack said, "What a black mark for Dallas." Then, he said--oh, he said, "Maybe I will fly up to be with you tonight." And I said, "Well, I don't think that is necessary"." [15 H 283]

-------------------------------

Ruby Links:

How Did Ruby Get Into The Police Basement?

How Did Ruby Know The Name Of The FPCC?

Edited by David Von Pein