The Education Forum

Natalie Portman to play Jackie in JFK film

I read the script for this.

A big nothing burger.

What else is new after Hanks and Parkland.

I read the script for this.

A big nothing burger.

What else is new after Hanks and Parkland.

Does it touch on her thoughts it was a conspiracy? Or even on the way LBJ mishandled the return trip?

No to the first.

As per the second, it greatly minimizes all of that. To the point that it is only scenic decor.

When I read it, Darren A was supposed to direct it since he and she did Black Swan.

Evidently, he backed out of that and is now producing it only.

Wise choice on his part. Its a TV movie all the way.

I would be shocked to see anything out of Hollywood that doesn't strictly adhere to the official narrative, or at best only deviates slightly (and inaccurately), in the manner of a Lamar Waldron.

The more times goes on, the more I appreciate the courage it took for Oliver Stone to make JFK.

I should qualify what I wrote.

I read the third draft of the script about three years ago.

That is what I am commenting on. In Hollywood, scripts go through many more drafts than that. Its not uncommon to go through 6-7 drafts, and then to have the thing rewritten during production. And bring in another writer to do it. (Good example: The Untouchables went through seven drafts. The talented David Mamet then said, that is it for me, and he left. The high point of the picture, the shootout at the train station, was written during production, after he left.)

So I just want to make my vantage point clear. Who knows what has happened since.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Will the magic bullet be animated or live action?

Who plays Rubenstein? Who plays Harvey or Lee or both? (Are the Olsen twins too old? Wrong gender does not matter via poetic licence, artistic liberty.)

These simplistic tv melodramas are neither history nor entertaining!

Happy labour day!