The Education Forum

Prayer Man Is A Woman

Guest Duncan MacRae

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rented a Ford Focus with an automatic transmission that I thought was manual because it had the gear shift (drive, low, reverse, etc.) right there beside me. When I decided to buy a Focus, I told the dealer I wanted a manual transmission, so he had a Focus with one brought in from about 100 miles away. I test-drove it and almost got myself killed trying to drive it. I got it back to the dealership in one piece and told the guy I had made a mistake.

Which has nothing to do, of course, with the JFK assassination.

I rented a Ford Focus with an automatic transmission that I thought was manual because it had the gear shift (drive, low, reverse, etc.) right there beside me. When I decided to buy a Focus, I told the dealer I wanted a manual transmission, so he had a Focus with one brought in from about 100 miles away. I test-drove it and almost got myself killed trying to drive it. I got it back to the dealership in one piece and told the guy I had made a mistake.

Which has nothing to do, of course, with the JFK assassination.

I dunno Ron. You drove like a maniac. What name did you use? Did you make a fuss when they said you couldn't get credit? If there is an assassination, is the dealer likely to "recognize" you from your arrest photo (in the unfortunate event you get picked up)?

I dunno Ron. You drove like a maniac. What name did you use?

I was too embarrassed to use my real name. I told them I was J. Edgar Oswald.

She looks like she's saying "hello sailor, wink wink." to Lovelady.

I don't think she has a prayer.

In my humiliation, I glimpse the Truth, fleeting though it may be.

Yes, Duncan is referring to a transmission. The type found in the sort of trans-person freshmen engineering students create as robots. PM was an early-generation robot.

That can be seen by the way the robot merges into the John Belushi Blues Brothers-like figure to its left back. Robots do that sort of thing. And by the way the robot drapes its long left "arm" over the black guy standing to its front. In the early 1960s, robots in public were programmed to do such a thing, as a sign of racial harmony. It didn't work especially well, but it was well-intentioned.

I see it all, now. Thanks to Thomas Graves, Cliff Varnell, and Larry. But most importantly, thanks to Duncan McRae.

While it is entirely possible that I am wrong in agreeing with Patrick Jackson about Scarf Lady being the mystery person, I am 100% confident that the mystery Button Lady figure formerly known as Prayer Man is in fact a woman, and she is probably holding a purse in front of her in a classic female pose.

ButtonLady.gif

Um. No Duncan. The blob on the right is a reflection in the glass. PM has his arms folded.

Did your parents ever ask you to run away from home? :)

My parents told me to never go anywhere with a stranger unless he offered me some candy first.