The Education Forum

J.G. Ballard on the JFK assassination

Cliff Varnell

The mass media have turned the world into a World of Pop Art. From JFK's assassination to the war in Iraq, everything is perceived as Pop Art. Nothing is true. Nothing is untrue.

-- From J. G. Ballard: Quotes, compiled by V. Vale and Mike Ryan, pg 139, emphasis in the original.

The JFK Assassination Research Community has colluded with the mass media in the generation of mass denial by failing to collectively come to grips with the basic physical facts of the case.

Oswald/s and head wound/s and acoustic tape and windshields and single bullets and limo stops.

Around and around we go, involved more in the media spectacle than any actual murder investigation.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

agreed 100%. we all love to discuss this stuff, the minutiae is fascinating, and fun, but it's never going to prove a thing.

the thing is, one thing leads to another, and i believe that most reasonable people who obsess, rightfully, on these tidbits know that the fact remains that any one little thing that breaks might be THE tidbit that breaks the ice.

we all have our place in this mystery. [except for DVP]. the media have their place, too, and we work hard in spite of them. it's nice that their position is so clearly defined in their idiocy. but they still get in the way, and morons still fall for it.

Peter Jennings used to piss me off. Until i realized how insignificant he is in the face of real facts. Now I don't even remember what he looks like, and the fact that he's not even an American.

right?

Thanks Cliff. A reminder to remember our perspective, and our objective. >>> Truth.

To take this literally...I'm amazed that the 1960s assassinations didn't inspire more actual pop art, by way of protest.. A Warhol Double Oswald? A Roy Lichtenstein Frame 313? At the time, this would have been seen as the ultimate in bad taste and greed. One wonders, though, if we would look at it differently today had it happened. What price courage?

no. i would not. compartmentalization isn't hard when you're dealing with such distinct ... um ... characters....

you mean DH Byrd. He owned the TSBD [it was not even called that until the media used it to death after 112263] at the time. but the rumor is pretty reliable that that is in fact what he did.

and yes, he was friends with HLHunt, and Earl Cabell, and Clint Murchison, and General Lansdale, and... ... so the dark secrets, in my thoughts, lie in these oh so curious interpersonal relationships (thanks Mary Bancroft) and not so much in solving what bullets came from where.

you mean DH Byrd

Snap. Thank you sir.

quite all right. i'm just glad i got to you before someone else did and reduce you to a smoldering puddle of retardation worthy of little more attention than an E-2 for your obvious supreme ignorance (it's a trend here). :)

Egads.

Sir.

(US Navy, USS Forrestal, when it floated. long time ago)

Peter Jennings used to piss me off. Until i realized how insignificant he is in the face of real facts

Being dead tends to make you insignificant.

Peter Jennings used to piss me off. Until i realized how insignificant he is in the face of real facts

Being dead tends to make you insignificant.

oh, has he died?

hadn't noticed...