The Education Forum

De Mohrenschildt question of interest

Jim Root

Paul, please explain Marina's "locking Lee in the bathroom" story. i'm sorry - stories.

I'm also curious to know how someone gets locked in a bathroom. Bathroom door locks don't normally work that way. In fact, I don't ever recall seeing a bathroom door that could be locked from the outside that did not have a latch or device to allow the occupant to unlock the door from the inside.

Some institutions like hospitals and places of business have the ability to lock their bathrooms but in a normal domestic household this would be a unique (and dangerous) feature.

Maybe she locked it from the inside and then closed the door and Oswald couldn't figure it out. LOL

--Tommy :sun

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy,

Ok we'll add that to the list of "things that were too complicated" for Lee Harvey Oswald:

1. Driving a car

2. Doorknob functionality

3. Buying a decent weapon

4. Loading a complete clip of ammo

5. Buying a ticket to the movies

Paul, please explain Marina's "locking Lee in the bathroom" story. i'm sorry - stories.

I'm also curious to know how someone gets locked in a bathroom. Bathroom door locks don't normally work that way. In fact, I don't ever recall seeing a bathroom door that could be locked from the outside that did not have a latch or device to allow the occupant to unlock the door from the inside.

Some institutions like hospitals and places of business have the ability to lock their bathrooms but in a normal domestic household this would be a unique (and dangerous) feature.

coupled with the fact that her story switched from her having to push on the door to contain him to pulling on the door to do so.

someone earlier mentioned her respite in the hotel with a couple of Feds and a couple of lawyers - this is hardly the situation that occurred. One might look at the history and owners of this hotel, then look at the lawyers present (Brown and Root ring a bell?) then speculate about the timing of this event and her willingness to participate.

and by the way, let's take a look at the bloke who quit his job with DHByrds Radio company within a day or so of JFK's death in order to marry Marina Oswald.

is there a brain cell anywhere that will persist that this is but coincidence?

Tommy,

Ok we'll add that to the list of "things that were too complicated" for Lee Harvey Oswald:

1. Driving a car

Tommy, Chris, that's VERY funny. thanks for the levity.

PT will be delivering crickets at this point.

Mr. trejo - why were the DeMohrenschildts nervous about whether LHO shot at Walker?

Why did the secretly far rightwing Oswald want to kill Walker anyway? Don't repeat the hypnotize story. Just - tell us why Oswald hated Walker enough to shoot at him? And who were his accomplices?

Why do you feel entitled to embellish your theory with fantasies about what must have been going on in someone's mind, like the 'worried' DeMohrenschildts?

Tommy,

1. Driving a car

Chris, if you speak of "doorknob functionality" you are probably being sarcastic about Marina's claim about LHO's so-called threat to assassinate Richard Nixon.

In that story, Marina reported that she "locked" LHO in the bathroom until he changed his mind. -- But the bathroom locked from the inside.

One can be cynical about that, or one can be reasonable about it. First, English was not Marina's first language. So the word "locked" can mean multiple things to an ESL speaker. (I'm a certified ESL instructor, so I know.)

Secondly, one can doubt whether a slight, pregnant woman could hold back a Marine on the other side of any door. But it all makes sense -- all of it -- when we consider that LHO was merely *teasing* Marina to get a rise out of her.

That is, LHO told her (long after the Walker shooting) that he was going to shoot Richard Nixon! He was joking, but she didn't grasp that -- so she freaked out, and pushed him into the bathroom, while he was still joking and teasing her, pretending to be half-serious.

That's a logical explanation on all counts. LHO really did try to kill General Walker -- we have this not only from Marina Oswald, not only from LHO's own "Walker Letter," but also from Volkmar Schmidt and George De Mohrenschildt.

Based on that horrific event, Marina could no longer trust LHO's teasing. The rest of it makes sense.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Mr. Trejo - why were the DeMohrenschildts nervous about whether LHO shot at Walker?

Why did the secretly far rightwing Oswald want to kill Walker anyway?

Don't repeat the hypnotize story. Just - tell us why Oswald hated Walker enough to shoot at him?

And who were his accomplices?

Why do you feel entitled to embellish your theory with fantasies about what must have been going on in someone's mind, like the 'worried' DeMohrenschildts?

Well, Paul B., if you were to actually read George De Mohrenschildt's 1978 book, I'm a Patsy! I'm a Patsy!, that he finished before committing suicide, then all these answers would be easier for you.

(1) The De Mohrenschildts were nervous about whether LHO shot at Walker because George DM had been goading LHO for *weeks* to hate and despise General Walker -- especially after the Ole Miss riots (September 1962), and especially after General Walker was acquitted by a Grand Jury for that (January 1963).

(1.1) Volkmar Schmidt was another guy who helped goad LHO into hating and despising General Walker -- so he also deserves some of the blame.

(1.2) Michael Paine *might* have also been in that camp. The jury is still out on this one, IMHO.

(2) The far rightwing LHO want to kill Walker in order to please his best friend, George DM. LHO thought the world of George DM.

(2.1) By the way, LHO didn't hide his rightwing feelings from George DM, who was a very worldly man.

(2.2) George DM told of his reasons for trying to convince LHO that General Walker was "like Hitler" (to use Volkmar Schmidt's words), namely, that LHO had been going around complaining to everybody that JFK was to blame for the tragedy of the Bay of Pigs.

(2.3) George DM explains this in his book, I'm a Patsy! I'm a Patsy!, which evidently you've never read.

(3) The ideological accomplices of LHO in the Walker shooting were George DM, Volkmar Schmidt, and many of the liberal-minded yuppie Engineers (perhaps Edward Glover) in Dallas who invited LHO to their dinner parties -- as a sort of side-show.

(3.1) The physical accomplices of LHO in the Walker shooter probably included Roscoe White, whose chin, neck, shoulders, right-wrist and stance form the body of all of the Backyard Photographs, taken to commemorate the Walker shooting.

(4) The only thing that entitles me to speak for George DM is because I've read his book. You should read it, Paul B.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Actually I did read 'I'm a Patsy'. That's the book where DeM makes it clear that his pal LHO was a Marxist and no right winger. He was not goading LHO for weeks, even in his mind, but apparently in yours. Feel free to pick and choose what to accept or discard in anyone's writing according to whether it fits with your theory. That's pretty much the way you do.

Tommy,

1. Driving a car

Chris, if you speak of "doorknob functionality" you are probably being sarcastic about Marina's claim about LHO's so-called threat to assassinate Richard Nixon.

In that story, Marina reported that she "locked" LHO in the bathroom until he changed his mind. -- But the bathroom locked from the inside.

One can be cynical about that, or one can be reasonable about it. First, English was not Marina's first language. So the word "locked" can mean multiple things to an ESL speaker. (I'm a certified ESL instructor, so I know.)

Secondly, one can doubt whether a slight, pregnant woman could hold back a Marine on the other side of any door. But it all makes sense -- all of it -- when we consider that LHO was merely *teasing* Marina to get a rise out of her.

That is, LHO told her (long after the Walker shooting) that he was going to shoot Richard Nixon! He was joking, but she didn't grasp that -- so she freaked out, and pushed him into the bathroom, while he was still joking and teasing her, pretending to be half-serious.

That's a logical explanation on all counts. LHO really did try to kill General Walker -- we have this not only from Marina Oswald, not only from LHO's own "Walker Letter," but also from Volkmar Schmidt and George De Mohrenschildt.

Based on that horrific event, Marina could no longer trust LHO's teasing. The rest of it makes sense.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

amazing - it's as if --- "you were there"... the details of your knowledge - spooky, i tell ya...

you might go re-research the evolution of her story before you decide exactly what she meant by locking him in the bathroom - and from which side she ultimately decided needed the locking.

Edited by Glenn Nall

Actually I did read 'I'm a Patsy'. That's the book where DeM makes it clear that his pal LHO was a Marxist and no right winger. He was not goading LHO for weeks, even in his mind, but apparently in yours. Feel free to pick and choose what to accept or discard in anyone's writing according to whether it fits with your theory. That's pretty much the way you do.

Well, Paul B., you obviously skipped the part where George DM complained that LHO continually belly-ached about the Bay of Pigs.

I remind you that Leopoldo also told Sylvia Odio that "Leon Oswald" said, "You Cubans don't have any guts because you should have taken care of JFK after the Bay of Pigs."

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

No - I read it. And I recall finding a point of agreement with you that DeM was a xxxx and self serving in the extreme. Glenn is right - your imagination runneth wild. It's frankly insulting the way you continually share these imaginative flights of fancy as if to teach us, and more importantly the casual browser, what really happened.

No - I read it. And I recall finding a point of agreement with you that DeM was a xxxx and self serving in the extreme. Glenn is right - your imagination runneth wild. It's frankly insulting the way you continually share these imaginative flights of fancy as if to teach us, and more importantly the casual browser, what really happened.

No, Paul B., it's no insult. You simply missed that point where George DM admitted that LHO continually broadcast his objection to the Bay of Pigs. This was the motive for George DM and Volkmar Schmidt to "process" LHO into hating and despising General Walker.

This was done at a Dallas Engineers' dinner party -- which is well-documented.

You asked -- why did LHO, a rightist -- want to kill Walker? I answered: to please George DM. My answer is true and correct. It's not imagination. It's right inside George DM's own book.

Read it AGAIN!

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo