The Education Forum

JFK Forum: Rules of Behaviour and other points

John Simkin

Guest Stephen Turner

James, you are a Gent. I think by and large cricket has benefited from the result, you must be tired of beating us anyway, and this has truely been one of the GREAT test series. Now if we can keep hold of the Ashes in two years time :up

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the 12th November I posted a message about the behaviour of members.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2224

This in itself has been taken over by personal bickering. I have therefore decided to make a new statement about the aims and objectives of this forum and to stress the kind of behaviour that we expect from members.

JFK Forum

The main objective of this forum is to bring together researchers into the assassination of John F. Kennedy. It is hoped that this forum will enable researchers to share information they have acquired about the case. In this way, the forum will become a major way of communicating information about the assassination to the wider community (we have a far larger number reading the forum than those posting information).

Rules of the JFK Forum

(i) All members have to provide a biography. A link to this biography should be added to their signature (see below for instructions how to do this).

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1471

(ii) All members should use a photograph of themselves as an avatar (see below for instructions how to do this). If you still find you have problems with this please email me and I will help you with this.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1861

(iii) Wherever possible, members should give references (books, documents, etc) concerning the comments that they make. This will help those carrying out academic research into this area.

(iv) Members should not make personal attacks on other members. Nor should references be made to their abilities as researchers. Most importantly, the motivations of the poster should not be questioned. At all times members should concentrate on what is being said, rather than who is saying it. It is up to the reader to look at the biography submitted by the poster, to judge whether they are telling the truth or not. The word “xxxx” is banned from use on the forum.

(v) Members should take care over the accuracy of their postings. This includes spellings, capital letters, etc. This is important as the forum is read by young students and therefore we should not be setting them a bad example. I would suggest you write initially in a word processing program that automatically checks spellings, etc. The finished work can then be copied and posted into the forum.

(vi) Make sure your postings are relevant to the thread. Please start another thread if your comments do not belong to any existing threads.

(vii) When you start a thread please make sure it is relevant to the events surrounding the assassination of JFK. We have other areas of the forum where you can post about Politics, History, Mass Media, Sociology, etc.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=idx

(viii) Members should use the quote function of the forum when replying to people’s posts. To do this click the REPLY button. Pressing this button will allow you to reply to a topic, and have the text from a particular reply quoted in your own reply. This can be edited so that only the relevant passage is included. If you want to reply to several postings, copy and paste the relevant comments into your own answer. To make this clear use the colour options to highlight what someone else is saying. Type in the name of the person after the quotation.

(ix) It helps the reader if the text of your posts goes right across the page. If you find this has not happened, use the EDIT button to make sure it does. I do this for you whenever I can but I find it very time-consuming so I would prefer it if you did it yourself.

(x) There is no need to add your own name to postings. The forum software does this automatically.

Please feel free to add your comments about these rules. I welcome suggestions about other rules we might need. However, do not use this thread to reopen disputes with other members. If you do, they will be deleted.

---------------------

John:

I have attempted to "Log-Out" 12 times so far, using 6 different methods, and all failed. Any suggestions ??

GPH

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone:

I want to thank Andy Walker and John Simkin for all their hard work.

This site is presently the cutting edge of international political dialogue and historical discourse.

Best wishes to all.

Shanet Clark in Atlanta.

November 2005.

• 2 months later...

I was refering specificly to compliance with rule #1 as spelled out on this thread. http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...topic=5976&st=0 I don't presume to speak for others but Tim Carrol and Bill Miller also voiced support for Healy's compliance. http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...indpost&p=51745

Since he was so insistant that others obey the rules shouldn't he be held to the same standard?

• 4 weeks later...
I was refering specificly to compliance with rule #1 as spelled out on this thread. http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...topic=5976&st=0 I don't presume to speak for others but Tim Carrol and Bill Miller also voiced support for Healy's compliance. http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...indpost&p=51745

Since he was so insistant that others obey the rules shouldn't he be held to the same standard?

where's BMiller's bio again?

• 3 weeks later...

David - I do not know what happened to my bio for it was posted when I put my picture on the forum ... in fact, I recall emailing it to John Simkin when he requested it. It is certainly a mysetery ... maybe you can figure out all the probables as to what happened to it - you think!

I can however give you a brief run down ....

I am 48 years of age, brown eyes, red hair, and I am 6'1" tall. My favorite color is red. I enjoy fishing, camping, hiking, dining out, reading, and watching comedies. I play the guitar and enjoy looking at pretty girls.

Is that what you wanted to hear ... do you feel better now, David? Do you want to know more?

I was born in Peoria Illinois in 1957. My sign in "Leo". When I lost my mother at the age of 20 years old - I found out that I was adopted. I went to work at Rohn Tower Company in 1978 and was elected to a union position by my fellow employees. I then attended the JFK UAW center in Chicago with three other elected Union officials. In 1980 I went to work for Caterpillar Tractor company until they started laying people off in 1980. I worked some small jobs until the late 1980's when I went to work for Inventory Technology. I was in training for a company position when I was diagnosed with cancer. I continued working everyday during my 6 months of chemo until I suffered a chemotherapy extravasation to my dominant hand, which ultimately disabled me. In 1993, I relapsed and underwent a bone marrow transplant with only a 30% chance of survival given to me at that time. As you can see - I am still alive and maybe you can compute out the probability as to my life expentancy in much the same way you attempted to do with the authenticity of the Zapruder film ... hopefully you will learn all the facts beforehand so not to make the same mistake you did over the possible alteration of the Zfilm.

Do you feel that you know enough about me now, David? Have you learned anything that would tell you how I am able to debunk those alteration claims and show the short comings of your idea that the Zfilm could have been altered in such a way that no one could detect it under close scrutiny?

I have spent over a quarter of a century studying the JFK assassination case. I own two sets of the 26 volumes and my special interest involves the photographical record and how it is supported by the actual assassination witnesses. I have spent considerable time talking to witnesses, various experts, and other researchers in an effort to gain as much knowledge as possible to help in my formulation of what transpired on 11/22/63. I have spent countless hours cross referencing the various assassination images in order to get a detailed image of the time line in which they were taken. I have built countless transparency clips stabilizing the Zapruder film, along with the Muchmore and Nix films, in order to watch the most intricate movements of the occupants within the limo in order to better understand their actions and reactions. I have also done the same with witnesses standing along the parade route.

Have you learned anything new here, David? Do you feel better now? Any questions about the photographical record you'd care to discuss .... just let me know!

Bill Miller

JFK assassination researcher/investigator

David - I do not know what happened to my bio for it was posted when I put my picture on the forum ... in fact, I recall emailing it to John Simkin when he requested it. It is certainly a mysetery ... maybe you can figure out all the probables as to what happened to it - you think!

I can however give you a brief run down ....

I am 48 years of age, brown eyes, red hair, and I am 6'1" tall. My favorite color is red. I enjoy fishing, camping, hiking, dining out, reading, and watching comedies. I play the guitar and enjoy looking at pretty girls.

Is that what you wanted to hear ... do you feel better now, David? Do you want to know more?

I was born in Peoria Illinois in 1957. My sign in "Leo". When I lost my mother at the age of 20 years old - I found out that I was adopted. I went to work at Rohn Tower Company in 1978 and was elected to a union position by my fellow employees. I then attended the JFK UAW center in Chicago with three other elected Union officials. In 1980 I went to work for Caterpillar Tractor company until they started laying people off in 1980. I worked some small jobs until the late 1980's when I went to work for Inventory Technology. I was in training for a company position when I was diagnosed with cancer. I continued working everyday during my 6 months of chemo until I suffered a chemotherapy extravasation to my dominant hand, which ultimately disabled me. In 1993, I relapsed and underwent a bone marrow transplant with only a 30% chance of survival given to me at that time. As you can see - I am still alive and maybe you can compute out the probability as to my life expentancy in much the same way you attempted to do with the authenticity of the Zapruder film ... hopefully you will learn all the facts beforehand so not to make the same mistake you did over the possible alteration of the Zfilm.

Do you feel that you know enough about me now, David? Have you learned anything that would tell you how I am able to debunk those alteration claims and show the short comings of your idea that the Zfilm could have been altered in such a way that no one could detect it under close scrutiny?

I have spent over a quarter of a century studying the JFK assassination case. I own two sets of the 26 volumes and my special interest involves the photographical record and how it is supported by the actual assassination witnesses. I have spent considerable time talking to witnesses, various experts, and other researchers in an effort to gain as much knowledge as possible to help in my formulation of what transpired on 11/22/63. I have spent countless hours cross referencing the various assassination images in order to get a detailed image of the time line in which they were taken. I have built countless transparency clips stabilizing the Zapruder film, along with the Muchmore and Nix films, in order to watch the most intricate movements of the occupants within the limo in order to better understand their actions and reactions. I have also done the same with witnesses standing along the parade route.

Have you learned anything new here, David? Do you feel better now? Any questions about the photographical record you'd care to discuss .... just let me know!

Bill Miller

JFK assassination researcher/investigator

Bill,

Mysteries upon mysteries, will they EVER cease? So do I feel better? Hell, I should be asking you that question. Learn MY mistakes...? what the hell does THAT mean?

Your personals hold no interest for me, Bill -- your background in media production and post production does however. I see nothing, nada, nil to support any level of expertise regarding same. So my question is: why should anyone give credence to what you post re same? Course everyone is entitled to opinion! There's short supply re: generation, provenance and source information concerning JFK related Dallas/DPlaza imagery including: .gif, .bmp, and .jpeg animations on the internet. Won't you agree?

Owning 2 or 30 sets of the WCR is irrelevant when it comes to understanding photo manipulation, AND we both know how LNutter's feel about eye witness testimony...

Glad you've had some success beating back the health demon's -- I know, been there more than once myself!

David

Edited by David G. Healy

"Mysteries upon mysteries, will they EVER cease? So do I feel better? Hell, I should be asking you that question. Learn MY mistakes...? what the hell does THAT mean?"

"learn my mistakes" .... your sentence structure needs work. There is no need to study your mistakes for they can be generalized by saying that you don't put enough forethought into your position. Like I said before, while it was possible to alter a film in 1963, the process for doing so would leave tell-tale signs, thus your initial time spent considering the possibility was a wast of time due to not gathering all the needed data beforehand.

"Your personals hold no interest for me, Bill -- your background in media production and post production does however. I see nothing, nada, nil to support any level of expertise regarding same. So my question is: why should anyone give credence to what you post re same? Course everyone is entitled to opinion! There's short supply re: generation, provenance and source information concerning JFK related Dallas/DPlaza imagery including: .gif, .bmp, and .jpeg animations on the internet. Won't you agree?"

There was a reason why I gave you my personals ... it was to make a point .... a point that you failed to see it seems. I can also tell you that I withheld some things about my experience. I did so because the points you attempted to make concerning media and post production didn't mean squat when it didn't address the tell-tale signs that are not present in the films and photos you offer into question. It's like someone trying to argue that he is a chef, thus someone who doesn't cook at his level should not be heard .... but when the chef has mistaken lard for butter - it doesn't matter how well he thinks he can cook - his dish is crap before he ever got started. The same thing happened when you made a big deal out of telling people how it was "possible" to alter a film in 1963, but failed to discover that the alteration would be quite noticeable even to a laymen when put under scrutiny. You attempted to make a case and didn't give any thought to the type of film Zapruder used and how altering any images on it would show up because of the processes it would be subjected to. A similar thing happened when Jack and a PHd (Fetzer) thought they knew all about where Moorman stood, but failed to learn the standing height of a DPD motorcycle and apply that to their standing height for Mary's camera and how it related to her "McBride photo" and then her #5 Polaroid. So what I am saying, David ... is that all your media production knowledge doesn't mean squat if you do not know the photographical record and understand the photographical processes that would take place and expose alteration on an 8MM strip of Kodachrome II film.

"Owning 2 or 30 sets of the WCR is irrelevant when it comes to understanding photo manipulation, AND we both know how LNutter's feel about eye witness testimony..."

If you do not know the photographical record, then you cannot know what to look for that may lead to you seeing that an assassination image may be incorrect. Also, had you of known about the processes that would take place when altering a 8MM Kodachrom II film, then you would have seen that without those signs being present on the existing images, then no post alterations had taken place.

Bill

Edited by Bill Miller

Top Post

see you on the threads, stay tuned....

"Mysteries upon mysteries, will they EVER cease? So do I feel better? Hell, I should be asking you that question. Learn MY mistakes...? what the hell does THAT mean?"

"learn my mistakes" .... your sentence structure needs work. There is no need to study your mistakes for they can be generalized by saying that you don't put enough forethought into your position. Like I said before, while it was possible to alter a film in 1963, the process for doing so would leave tell-tale signs, thus your initial time spent considering the possibility was a wast of time due to not gathering all the needed data beforehand.

"Your personals hold no interest for me, Bill -- your background in media production and post production does however. I see nothing, nada, nil to support any level of expertise regarding same. So my question is: why should anyone give credence to what you post re same? Course everyone is entitled to opinion! There's short supply re: generation, provenance and source information concerning JFK related Dallas/DPlaza imagery including: .gif, .bmp, and .jpeg animations on the internet. Won't you agree?"

There was a reason why I gave you my personals ... it was to make a point .... a point that you failed to see it seems. I can also tell you that I withheld some things about my experience. I did so because the points you attempted to make concerning media and post production didn't mean squat when it didn't address the tell-tale signs that are not present in the films and photos you offer into question. It's like someone trying to argue that he is a chef, thus someone who doesn't cook at his level should not be heard .... but when the chef has mistaken lard for butter - it doesn't matter how well he thinks he can cook - his dish is crap before he ever got started. The same thing happened when you made a big deal out of telling people how it was "possible" to alter a film in 1963, but failed to discover that the alteration would be quite noticeable even to a laymen when put under scrutiny. You attempted to make a case and didn't give any thought to the type of film Zapruder used and how altering any images on it would show up because of the processes it would be subjected to. A similar thing happened when Jack and a PHd (Fetzer) thought they knew all about where Moorman stood, but failed to learn the standing height of a DPD motorcycle and apply that to their standing height for Mary's camera and how it related to her "McBride photo" and then her #5 Polaroid. So what I am saying, David ... is that all your media production knowledge doesn't mean squat if you do not know the photographical record and understand the photographical processes that would take place and expose alteration on an 8MM strip of Kodachrome II film.

"Owning 2 or 30 sets of the WCR is irrelevant when it comes to understanding photo manipulation, AND we both know how LNutter's feel about eye witness testimony..."

If you do not know the photographical record - you cannot know what to look for that may lead to an assassination image being incorrect. Also, had you of known about the processes that would take place when altering a 8MM Kodachrom II film, then you would h

ave seen that without those signs being present on the existing images, then no post alterations had taken place.

Bill

Top Post

Right, David .... I have been waiting for years and I can wait until hell freezes over because you cannot do to Kodachrome II film what you have proposed and have it go undetected. In fact, until Groden mentioned it and I presented it to you - you didn't know anything about it. So rather than to admit that you didn't think things through - we'll just pretend that we are going to wait for something that is never going to happen.

Bill

Edited by Bill Miller

• 5 months later...

Top Post

Right, David .... I have been waiting for years and I can wait until hell freezes over because you cannot do to Kodachrome II film what you have proposed and have it go undetected. In fact, until Groden mentioned it and I presented it to you - you didn't know anything about it. So rather than to admit that you didn't think things through - we'll just pretend that we are going to wait for something that is never going to happen.

Bill

We should all see to it that the new GRATZ doesn't get the last word on every thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Top Post

Bill

dgh:Groden mentioned, what? roflmfao! You're not going down that ole tried and sorry path of altering film at the 8mm level are you? Jesus, what kind of stumps are on the non-altered film side of the equation? Oh-wee, buy Fielding's book and read it (the 1965 edition)... better yet, read my article -- take a walk on the wild side, LOL!

I do believe Roland Zavada buried that 8mm-8mm argument a few years back, and for the record BMiller, any alteration that took place in the Z-film happened at the 35mm level, multiple ways of accomplishing same... as I suggest and graphically displayed 6 years ago -- just like they do in the big leagues, the results dumped down to K-II 8mm film....

Edited by David G. Healy