The Education Forum

Energy and the Human Journey: Where We Have Been; Where We Can Go

Hi:

A few odds and ends…

Flying cars are coming, and it was not too hard for me to predict that they would not have human pilots.  When the Fifth Epoch arrives, and people will often travel by antigravity (or electrogravity) and free energy, there will not be the issue of skies filled with colliding craft.  

Last year, I mentioned how Oxfam’s status as one of the better aid organizations may be a mirage, and it looks like I was right.  The whole “humanitarian” game is largely a scam.  It is well known that a great “career path” for child molesters is to become foster parents, with a steady supply of molestable children streaming in.  

I am way too busy right now, with little time to write, and I am reading that vaccination book in snatches.  What a horror story.  One chapter was on smallpox in England, and how smallpox vaccination was made mandatory in the mid-1800s, with fines and prison for those who did not comply (the USA is similar today), but Leicester resisted, and developed a method of quarantine and sterilization.  Leicester’s smallpox incidence and death rates declined precipitously, becoming a tiny fraction of the rates in nearby and heavily vaccinated towns.  

Even after their stunning success, the medical authorities of the day decried Leicester as a disaster waiting to happen, but it never did, as smallpox declined and disappeared.  The Leicester Method was used by the WHO in its late smallpox campaigns, when it became clear that vaccination was ineffective.  But to this day, vaccination advocates dismiss and attack the Leicester Method.  

Bill Gates, that so-called humanitarian, is a big vaccination advocate who also advocates nuclear fission and calls Paul Kagame a great leader.  Bill has a ways to go before he figures it out, and he is far smarter than any of us.  So-called intelligence is not enough.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi:

Last night, I read the chapter on polio in that vaccination book.  They make the case that most of the crippling that polio caused was from the treatment, putting people in casts for months, and the like, which led to atrophy.  Elizabeth Kenny, who invented physical therapy, cured polio patients by exercising them.  The authors also give “credit” to DDT for polio, and showed how polio rose and fell with persistent pesticide use.  India is one of the few nations on Earth that makes DDT, and it is the world’s polio hotspot, and they crazily do the same immobilization treatment that Western doctors did, leading to cripples.

That chapter also “credited” the robber barons.  Thomas Rivers worked for the Rockefellers, and as he did with Rife’s work, Rivers ruthlessly attacked any doctor who did not toe the orthodox line, and with the Rockefellers’ backing, he could make his edicts stick and ruin careers with a word.  He gets plenty of black ink in that polio chapter.  Also, many diseases were misdiagnosed as polio, and those diseases flourish today.  The entire polio episode in American history seems to be a manufactured event, and its “cure” with vaccination is a mirage.  In the 1970s and 1980s, nearly all polio cases were caused by the vaccine, according to the CDC!

In that polio chapter, the authors actually mentioned Bill Gates’s vaccine campaign and how misguided it is, which segues to the post I had initially planned making today, related to yesterday’s post.  Gates not only embraces Kagame, the world’s greatest mass murderer, but Gates also endorsed Steven Pinker’s imperial valentine that Ed shredded.  Gates is a retail elite “humanitarian,” which is not much of a humanitarian at all.  That is true of all robber baron “humanitarians,” and always has been that way.  Today’s “philanthropy” is largely a racket.

Gates got his good buddy Warren Buffett, that American sage of capitalism, involved with his foundation, and Buffett has promoted Wells Fargo bank for the past decade, even now, as it has been exposed as shamelessly predatory, criminally abusing its customers.  In Berkshire Hathaway’s recent letter to its shareholders, summarizing its year, Wells Fargo was not even mentioned, although it is its biggest investment.  Buffett’s spiel about picking honest companies that “defend the moat” is phony.

All of that “philanthropy” is about tax sheltering and social engineering, not great humanitarian works.  If Gates really is sincere about his newfound mission, he sure is naïve about it.  Facebook’s founder, Mark Zuckerberg, has now joined the game, with open rumors that he seeks the American presidency.  The world’s new richest man, Jeff Bezos, plays the philanthropy game, too, but he is working hard at turning the Washington Post into a neo-McCarthy outfit.  Living in the Seattle area, I hear all the time about what a shark-tank environment Amazon is to work in.  

These guys are the new robber barons, and thinking that they will help humanity turn the corner is a delusion.  Free energy aspirants have banged on those doors innumerable times, and nobody is home.  More often than not, robber baron “humanitarians” treat free energy like the enemy, like environmentalists do.  They know that the coming of free energy means the obsolescence of elites and their ill-gotten fortunes will become meaningless.

Best,

Wade

Hi:

One of my artistic pals sent me the attached recently, titled, “Statler and Waldorf Do Free Energy.”  A bit of inspired art on what people like me face from the peanut gallery.  It could have also been about Dennis or Brian, but I’ll happily take jeering from Muppets!  :) That one will likely find its way onto my site somehow.  

Best,

Wade

Statler and Waldorf Do Free Energy.jpg

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

This post will be about my correspondents, choir-members, and the development of my work and my readers’.  I don’t expect anybody that I seek to learn nothing from my work, and I am constantly learning.  I don’t know of anybody doing anything like what I am, so, with nothing to compare it to, there will always be something novel about what I am doing.  

I took on all-comers for several years, with my email address on my site, but I finally had to stop that practice in 2002, as the attacks become so fierce.  It was not worth it any longer to give the public easy access to me (they have to work a little to contact me, but it is easy for those with a little gumption, and people with gumption are the ones I seek).  But I still have quite a few cyberpals that I met through having my email address on my site.  I put up a series of posts that showed my journey and what I learned during it.  It took nearly a year, and I don’t expect to do anything like that again.  I went from a teenager with energy dreams to getting to try them out in my 20s, to licking my wounds and diving deep on the literature in my 30s, to launching my public effort in my 40s, to my very comprehensive efforts in my 50s, and on the brink of my 60s, building the choir is my final goal.  Anything beyond that will be gravy.  My work has come a long way since my writings in the late 1980s, as I tried to make sense of what I had lived through, and I expect to keep improving.  My biography on Uncle Ed just might be my best writing yet.

Krishna first contacted me back around 2001 (my translator stumbled into my work in 1998, as I recall, and he wants to translate my big essay, which would be a herculean feat), and watching Krishna’s progress over the years has been nice to see.  It shows me that what I am attempting is feasible.  Chris began reading my work about when Krishna did, and Ilie and Darren when I joined Avalon.  You don’t see much production from them these days, and that is OK.  I’ll take quality over quantity, and their first posts on my forum were wonderful.  I plan to do this until I can’t anymore.  If I am lucky, I’ll do this into my 90s, like Uncle Ed did.  I have people like them in training, studying so that they can hit the notes one day.  There is plenty of time to get up to speed on this, and avoiding the pitfalls is far more important than a lot of production.  And this path teaches me patience every day.  :) If you would have told me 30 years ago that my effort would be where it is today (with a very comprehensive site, with a global audience, with people in training), I would have said that it was a nice fantasy.  

My site has several thousand visitors a month (it has been that way for more than a decade), and my big essay is my most popular part of it by far, as well as my forum.  At any one time, I have at least 50 viewers of my forum, and sometimes hundreds.  Even though it might not be evident, this is progressing nicely for me.  In these early days of my effort, I have been trying to make the material as good as I could, and my upcoming essay update, this year if I am lucky (I am still working on Ed’s biography project (Google “Edward S. Herman biography” and see what comes up on page one – and my work comes in higher on the Yahoo! search – more pressure to get it done)), is going to be a significant update, and after that, I’ll engage in more visibility work, do more interviews, etc.  

For a one-man show, I really could not ask for much more at this stage, and I have had help from many, including Bill and Avalon.   The biggest event in the human journey will not come overnight or fall in our laps.  It will take work, but it can be joyous work.  Time to begin my very busy weekend.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

This post is a continuation of yesterday’s.  At the NEM board meeting where I heard Mark tell an abbreviated version of his story, it was because Brian had us all introduce ourselves and tell why we were there.  In short, what was our path to pursuing free energy?  My free energy fellow travelers got there by diverse paths, but all roads led to free energy.  

My first choir members all have their stories to tell, and I encouraged them to, because for other prospective choir members, those stories are important.  They will recognize their journeys in the journeys of others like them.  The paths won’t be exactly the same, but the destination will be, and they can see what is similar and different about those other paths.  I have found it to be a helpful exercise.  

When I got my first energy dreams when I was 16, when I met Dennis, and even when I chased him out to Boston, free energy was the furthest thing from my mind, and even the day after I arrived in Boston, and we visited the company that gave Dennis his first free energy idea, I had no idea that I was looking at Dennis’s inspiration to go after free energy.  I did not even know how his heat pump worked yet.

For quite a few of us, how we got involved was quite dramatic, such as Mark’s story or Adam Trombly’s, when he found his father’s journals, which chronicled his work in reverse-engineering captured ET technology (the fruit of which was certainly a big part of the show that my friend received).  For others, it was a gradual path, and they got involved almost accidentally.  One NEM board member got involved by attending one of Dennis’s barnstorming shows in 1996.  In her most recent book, Jeane Manning wrote of her journalist’s journey to free energy.  In Brian’s books, he discussed his long journey to get there, beginning with his mystical awakening.  

A mystical awakening was a key event in all of our journeys, which is why I have stated that it seems to be a key step, maybe even a requirement, although my jury is still out on that.  I think that a materialist of high ethics, who can put aside the “laws of physics” for a moment and try to understand organized suppression and the role that energy plays in the universe, and particularly the role that it has played in the journey of life on Earth, and the human journey especially, can get there.

For quite a few of my pals, their path to free energy was encountering my work.  In fact, that might be preferable, as if they found out some other way, they generally got sucked into the free energy field’s arrested development, and it is not easy to escape.  

But I truly did not fully understand the epochal nature of the energy issue until I wrote my big essay.  I did not really begin thinking in epochal terms until 2010, when I read a book published by an oil company, of all things.  I can see the embryonic beginnings of my epochal perspective from writings of nearly 20 years ago and what I wrote for Brian in 2009 (the Big Picture section).  What I wrote in 2010 was clearly a precursor to the Epochal Event framework in my big essay, but it did not really come together until I began writing my big essay.  Then it became increasingly clear, and to this day, it keeps getting clearer.  

It is time to start another busy day and busy week.  I am going to be crazily busy for the rest of this month, and really won’t come up for air until mid-May, such is the nature of my day job, so I won’t have that much time to write.  But I’ll still sneak in some posts.  :)  

Best,

Wade

Hi:

One handicap that my work has always had is that I have not had the freedom to be very revealing about numerous situations, to protect both the innocent and the guilty.  That approach has allowed for many ignorant attacks by people who surf the Internet for a little while and consider themselves informed.  Many names I am not at liberty to name, but they are almost all discovered with a modicum of research.  I could have discovered almost all of them myself with a day or two of the kind of research that I performed while writing my site.

I usually name names only after they have died, both the good guys and bad guys.  I was looking at my last posts in a forum that I quit, after several bad experiences, and when a credulous admin started in on me, it was time to leave.  Since I wrote those posts, I have revealed the identities of Ron Waugh, Joe Starr, and David Rockefeller.  

You name the innocent, and their lives can be intruded on by gawkers, “skeptics,” and other time-wasters who can really cause problems for people who want to be left alone.  Also, Godzilla’s minions are always watching me from the shadows, which just comes with the territory.  The so-called White Hats do too, but both sides just watch and listen, maybe with only half an ear.  If I began to name some of the names that I could name, my life expectancy might shorten a bit.

You name the guilty, particularly dark pathers, and they will move to eliminate the threat.  If the naïve and credulous looked up Bill the BPA Hit Man, for instance, they would put themselves in peril, or Mr. Deputy.  Only when Ken Hodgell was in prison for a decade did I feel that he was defanged enough to publicly name.  But I am sure that even today, his Mr. Rodgers act is still polished, and he would tell people who approached him how unfair his treatment was, and I am sure that he can still reel in suckers.  

Anybody who got Dennis’s The Alternative could easily discover most of the names of those who are anonymous in my writings today, in an afternoon of reading.  I only named John Spickard because I figured that he was dead, as he was an old man when I encountered him more than 30 years ago.  If I named that household-name diplomat that a close relative worked for, it could cause me problems.  That diplomat outranks American presidents in certain lofty circles, and my relative’s immediate family likely does not know about his secret life.  Even if I outlive that diplomat, I likely won’t name him, as it could cause problems for a lot of people.  He is likely up to his eyeballs in the cloak-and-dagger game to this day.  

If I named some family names, my pedigree would become pretty clear, and many ignorant attacks would be exposed for their idiocy.  I could name the names of the military officials who made Brian that “offer” to do classified UFO work, my friend who got the underground exotic technology show, and so on.  I only named Mark because his tale is publicly known.  I could name a scientist whom Mark worked for when he had his harsh awakening, who is well known, who confirmed the veracity of Mark’s account to me, but it is one of many similar situations, in which that scientist is likely not going to want the attention.

If I was at liberty to reveal all the names, accompanied by documents, it would be a stunning read, far more so than my public work is today.  But those are constraints that somebody like me works under, and anybody in the field knows what I am writing about.  We all work under these kinds of constraints.  Gary named names, and there was hell to pay, but even he did not name John Tower until after he died.  

When I bring people into the choir, they get names and events that the public is not privy to, to make it as real as I can to them, so that they have a better understanding of what they are walking into.  It is not a milieu for the faint of heart.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

One of the most surreal aspects of being in the free energy field is that the solution of solutions, that we know has already been technically achieved, is ignored by all sides as if it does not exist.  There a various levels of denial, indifference, and fear, and the “smart” are among the worst offenders.  Free energy has Epochal significance, and I think that rather subconsciously, that Epochal significance is understood by most, which is why we have all of the crazy reactions to the idea of free energy, why the milieu puts three-ring circuses to shame, and why almost nobody has a productive reaction.  

I just reading something on nuclear fusion as the answer.  The only way that the GCs and friends are going to allow that is at $1 billion a pop, which they control.  I can almost live with that.  

I was also recently reading on the latest alarm on the state of the world’s environment.  

How about the solution that makes it all go away and infinitely more?  Nah.  As those heckling Muppets say, what a crazy idea.  Brian was beside himself in his last years over how he was totally shut out from “progressive” venues, while doomsayers such as Heinberg were given the royal treatment at those same venues.  I eventually realized that it was an addiction to scarcity that we were witnessing.  

It is just what it is, and trying to sneak past people’s ego mechanisms so that they can sniff the truth is a loser.  Their defense mechanisms only heighten, and if you want to watch people go insane and attack and ostracize you, go try that route.  

People are social animals, and sociality is actually an impediment to sentience, while paradoxically, social navigation is one hypothesis for the growth of the human brain.  It took five different mass movement efforts for me to finally shed the delusion that the social approach has a prayer, and another decade to finally understand the scientific reasons why.  

It is long past time for a different approach.  Looking for those needles

Best,

Wade

Hi:

Recently, a pal informed me of a 75-year-old effort on energy and human societies.  Not bad for something that old, although culture is far from the exclusive province of humanity.  I ordered the author’s magnum opus, and will report on it one day.  I’ll probably use it in my essay update, if for no other reason than it is another example of how the energy issue was understood back then in ways even better than we see today.  The author, Leslie White, finished that paper with the observation that those energy-centric understandings go back to the 19th century, and that:

“It seems almost incredible that anthropologists of the twentieth century could have turned their backs upon and repudiated such a simple, sound, and illuminating generalization, one that makes the vast range of tens of thousands of years of history intelligible.  But they have done just this.”

Anthropologists are far from alone in sticking their collective head in the sand.  Economists did the same thing, abandoning the engine of all economies for social theories, which makes the corpus of today’s economic theory a trifling parlor game at best.  

I have stated it many times, that each Epoch’s social organization was a consequence of their level of energy surplus, not a cause.  White wrote:

“In the process of cultural development, social evolution is consequence of technological evolution.”

That is why social approaches to Epochal change are doomed before they begin.  All social orders and their resultant dynamics have always been firmly rooted in the Epochs that gave birth to them, which were always about the energy levels that the Epochs enjoyed.  

Marx said something similar a century before White, in that the social organization was dependent on the means of production.  

One of my favorite parts of that paper was when White wrote, like Machiavelli did, that new Epochs (yes, he used the same word, and closely to how I do) only manifested when the new technologies could overcome the suppression of the existing social order.  That’s the story of my life.  :)  

I’ll write more on this topic later.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

As I stated in an earlier post, this little choir idea of mine is likely my last free energy effort of my lifetime.  If I build the choir, the rest will be gravy.  It might only help a little, it might be the critical missing piece, but it won’t hurt anybody.  If I really could get 5,000-7,000 people hitting the notes, making free energy happen will be easy, which will be the biggest event in the human journey, by far.  If my life’s effort helps just 0.001% with making free energy manifest, it will have all been worth it and more, and even if it does not help at all and I get a front-row seat to the demise of humanity and Earth’s inhabitability, I will sleep relatively well, knowing that I did my best (but always wondering if I could have done more, which is an occupational hazard).  I have no regrets in devoting my life to what I have, even though the price has been awesome, but that voice has some explaining to do. :)  

A huge part of the problem, as I saw it during my adventures, was that people were not keeping their eyes on the ball.  There are innumerable distractions and traps for the ego in the milieu, and almost nobody in the field today has the right stuff, not to overcome humanity’s inertia and the organized suppression.  

I know that people who can do the work and hit the notes are very few and far between.  Those are just the numbers, and I long ago stopped judging the situation.  Everybody I know and know of who played at the high levels had their moments of disgust, wondered if humanity was a sentient species, and the like.  It just comes with the territory and is really part of the awakening process.  We all had to go through it.  

I long ago decided that the hero’s approach would not work, I am doing something with a far lower abrasion factor, and I am not asking people to lay their lives on the line or devote their life to this.  They just need to give up a little TV and Internet surfing time.  :)  

That stated, my circle is pretty wide, and includes authors, professors, scholars, scientists, activists, free energy inventors, pupils studying to learn those notes and hit them, etc.  I am approached all the time, and far more privately than publicly.  I am only one man, doing this in my “spare” time, and I have to be selective in where I put my energy.  I can see my life’s end approaching, and I have to spend my remaining time wisely.

I get approached by ax-grinders and timewasters regularly (New Age and conspiracist topics are the most frequent, or some fringe theories that have little relevance to my work or I don’t consider valid, such as Velikovsky’s work – I am in none of those camps, but people often have the misperception that I am, for their own reasons), and I can name that tune in one note anymore.  If somebody comes to me, not aligned with what I am doing, trying to pull me in their direction (almost always those worthless “bright ideas”), I give them a chance or two to get aligned or at least try, but if they don’t, I don’t have time for them.  I have many unread PMs (timewasters rarely get close enough to get an email address anymore) and I have many that I will not respond to, from people that I consider timewasters.  A common event is dumping a pile of chaff at my feet and asking me to sort through it and find the grains of wheat, if there are any in there at all.  That is not what I am here for, and I am not going to encourage them.  

Once people get into that penalty box with me, their only way out is to do their homework and begin hitting some public notes.  I don’t have the bar set all that high.  If they can competently discuss this chapter of my big essay, for instance, I’ll be all over it with them, and look forward to those discussions.  What you see Krishna doing on my thread lately is the closest that I have seen to what I seek (Ilie has long been my gold standard, but he is a busy boy these days, and will return one day, in his “spare” time.  :) ).  Krishna does his homework, has astute things to say, and he is an amateur, just a curious professional with his heart in the right place and willing to do the work.  He is not laying his life on the line, just giving these subjects attention, directing me to the latest scientific paper, etc.  There are literally thousands of topics to discuss in my work, so I am not asking readers to go down some kind of specialist rabbit hole.  

My next two weeks will be ferociously busy at my day job, so I will likely be pretty quiet.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

One of the most common themes of early human studies is that key events seem to have happened earlier than previously supposed, and the beginning of behavioral modernity keeps getting pushed back.  My essay update is going to have a bit of de Waal in it, and the cognitive abilities of chimps.  So, these latest findings are not much of a surprise, and now there is evidence (although all such findings will be disputed and challenged) that Homo sapiens is about 300,000 years old.  I get regular emails that argue that Neanderthals were cognitively advanced, and I don’t see why they wouldn’t be, in light of the other findings, and I’ll follow the issue with interest.  

However, IMO, there was something unique about the Founder Group that left Africa 60,000 years or so ago.  Nothing could withstand that juggernaut, and all of the world’s easy meat, and all other human species were quickly driven to extinction, wherever behaviorally modern humans arrived.  They had something special, whether it was language, a sophisticated toolset, better hunting methods, etc.  That controversy will outlive me.  

Best,

Wade

Hi:

It is time to write on Stephen Hawking a little.  He lived quite a life from a wheelchair.  We did not have many degrees of separation.  Brian’s erstwhile buddy Carl Sagan wrote the introduction to Hawking’s A Brief History of Time, and I have other connections, which I will briefly cover.

I have long written about the abyss that humanity has its toes over, and Hawking had a penchant for doomsday warnings.  Like Sagan, Hawking was a staunch materialist, and his so-called search for God was incredibly misguided, if not phony from the outset, like some intellectual parlor game.  If his effort was genuine, to me, it highlights the hazards of having a keen intellect, painting itself into a corner.  I would think that somebody confined to a wheelchair for 50-odd years would maybe have an out-of-body experience or two, which would shatter the seductive illusions of materialism.  Hawking may be keeping company with Sagan these days, trying to convince himself that he does not exist.  All souls probably go through that phase, of denying any kind of afterlife.  Hawking is just taking his turn.  

The other possible connection trips the light fantastic.  I saw David Adair talking about his purported Area 51 experience around the time of his Disclosure Project testimony in 1997.  His testimony has always been consistent.  I lived pretty close to his home town and ordered the recent movie on his reputed experience, and will report on it.  Of all the incredible testimony that I have seen over the years, Adair’s is about the most way out, but it may well be true.  What Adair described seemed to come from the same black projects as what my friend saw, or what Adam Trombly said that his father worked on.  A teenage boy building a fusion rocket seems to come from something like Back to the Future.  That a football-sized black hole was used as the containment vessel is like a Buck Rogers show, and claiming that Hawking helped out, back in the 1960s, is an outrageous claim, but again, it may well be true.  If it is true, I wonder how much of Hawking’s public stance was posturing, if he knew much about the black projects world.  The solutions to virtually all of his doomsday scenarios are easily achieved with free energy, antigravity, and related technologies.  

Another connection was Hawking’s advocacy of colonizing other planets, and fast, so that some of humanity survives what may be coming.  Brian is the first person officially asked/ordered to visit another planet, and all of the recent colonize Mars publicity is frankly a little bizarre and I wonder if Godzilla and friends are orchestrating it.  

So, I have often found myself wondering about Hawking’s life and the possible contrasts between his public stance and what he may have been privy to.  I have seen people have a difficult time with insider knowledge, and the Disclosure Project witnesses that always impressed me the most were people who saw something that they shouldn’t have, and Adair’s testimony would fall into that category.  

Maybe Hawking has already gotten over his materialism, and realized that time is far more ephemeral than he thought.  I hope so, but we have forever to awaken.  He can take his time.  :)  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

Three months of a very busy time at my day job are coming to an end (I worked every Sunday for the past couple of months), and it might be the case that the rest of my year might be close to normal, and, if so, I plan to get a lot of writing done.  Ed’s bio project, first, and then the essay update.  Krishna not only does his homework, but faster than I do. :) I mentioned that I was reading Energy and the English Industrial Revolution, and Krishna finished it a month ago, while I finished it this week.  

I’ll do a little more reporting on the book.  The bottom line is that without tapping the energy of coal, the Industrial Revolution could not have happened.  Agrarian economies were limited by how much photosynthesis took place and was stored in plants, primarily domestic crops for food, and wood for heat and structure.  As they bumped up against their energy limits, they began to decline, which is why the classical economists were so pessimistic about humanity’s future, even as they wrote during the early days of the Industrial Revolution and did not even know what energy was.  

The author asked why England industrialized and when, and he contrasted England’s industrial rise to the nearby Netherlands, which England emulated as it left behind its feudal system.  The author compared modernity to industrialization, and showed how they were different and how industrialization could suppress modernization in ways.  The author defined the process of modernity as leaving behind heredity as the selective criteria for professional membership, and use talent instead, and the pursuit of self-interest over family/community interest.  A monetized economy and economic rationality were part of the author’s definition of modernity.  The author also noted how the Dutch initially led the way for England, and they had peat fuel, which is pre-coal, so they also had an energy source beyond what agrarian economies had use of, but they still did not industrialize.  

That discussion of the Netherlands is part of a long scholarly debate on why other societies did not industrialize that may have had the opportunity to.  China used coal to smelt copper three thousand years ago, and a thousand years ago it used coal en masse, yet never industrialized.  Similarly, it has been asked why Ancient Greece and Rome did not industrialize.  Those are interesting questions, and the investigation and debate will continue, but the fact remains that England got over the hump before anybody else, and presented the pristine instance of industrialization that influenced all others.  

There is also the question of whether England’s brand of industrialization had to be the way it happened, and I think the answer is no.  It did not have to happen how it did, but it is how it happened, and studying the pristine instances of Epochal Events can be very educational.  The pristine civilizations showed that behaviorally modern humans reacted similarly to similar economic conditions.  All agrarian societies were similar in their essentials, and their thin energy surplus was always the defining parameter, while there were always variations between them.  Similarly, industrial societies all have differences, but the basics are the same, such as the demographic transition that always accompanied industrialization.  Energy and the English Industrial Revolution explored England’s demographic transition and how England moved from an agrarian to an industrial economy.  

The author repeatedly stressed how tapping the energy of coal was the necessary event, and that without it, England would have gone through the same kind of decline that all civilizations had that hit their energy ceilings, as the industrial world is doing today, with the USA leading the decline.  

As far as I am concerned, the Industrial Revolution began with two events that came a year apart: smelting iron with coal on a commercial level, and building the first steam engine.  Smelting iron with coal had a more immediate impact than steam engines did.  Darby’s operation is history’s first that made iron a consumer item.  It was simply too expensive by using charcoal for the smelting.  Wind and water power were competitive with steam power until about 1850.  

The author of Energy and the English Industrial Revolution also stressed that it took nearly 150 years for the intellectuals of the day to even realize that there had been an Industrial Revolution.  If you had asked an Englishman about the “Revolution” in the 1790s, he would have thought that you were referring to the French Revolution.  The Industrial Revolution was not even an idea yet.  

These subjects are obviously highly relevant to my work, and that idea that the Industrial Revolution was about 150 years old before anybody suspected that there had been a revolution is particularly germane to my work and the difficulty of building the choir.  I am trying to get a high-level conversation going about an Epochal Event that has not even happened yet, as a way to help it manifest.  The last Epochal Event was 150 years old before anybody suspected that it was one, and I am making the case for one before it even happens.  

That said, I know that the technical means for the next Epoch have already been attained, so the exercise is not that imaginary, and understanding how our world really works, and understanding what made the previous Epochal Events happen will make it a lot easier to understand what is coming, even though I know that more than 30 years of thinking about its ramifications is only scratching the surface.  For those reasons alone, I know that I seek needles in haystacks.  

On a related note, I recently mentioned a 75-year-old paper on energy and society, and it mentioned that energy technology breakthroughs always had to swim upstream against the suppression of the existing social order.  I just looked through my old emails and came up empty, but somewhere over a decade ago, and maybe close to 20 years ago, a correspondent made me aware of a paper titled “The Choices in the Next Energy and Social Revolution,” by Charles Ryan of MIT.  Like White did, Ryan wrote:

“Once a balance is struck between energy and social structure, the social structure will tend to resist new energy sources and technologies that do not fall under the control of those who currently control energy use….Eventually, the interplay of physical and social elements that contribute to growth are constrained by some physical limit, e.g., resource depletion and/or some social limit, e.g., costly and unmanageable complexity.  Stability or decline then are the new choices.”

Ryan saw the next energy revolution as having one of these three potential outcomes:

• Orwellian - a Big Brother controlled solution, such as fusion;
  • Jeffersonian  - small-scale energy technology with limited surplus, with humanity going back to something like village level social organization;
  • Malthusian - solar-based technologies that will be too little and too late, leading to a Malthusian population crisis.

For all of the brilliance of Ryan’s paper, the Fifth Epoch was not in Ryan’s universe of the possible.  He could not seem to imagine abundant, decentralized, and clean energy, but it already existed when he wrote his paper.  That highlights the problems of intellectuals, bound by the framing assumptions of the paradigms that they operate from, and why Brian got the crazed reactions that he did from some of the world’s leading minds, so much so that Brian began openly wondering if humanity was a sentient species.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

A little more on England and the Industrial Revolution.  It sure did not come from nowhere.  The Third Epoch was about ten thousand years old when England industrialized, coal had been used for thousands of years, and England was riding history’s greatest energy wave to its time when it industrialized.  Watermills were the first application of non-muscle power to produce mechanical energy on land, and Western Europe was the heart of the watermill boom that England rode.  Also, Western Europe accomplished the technical feat of turning the world’s ocean into one big low-energy transportation lane, and thereby conquered the world.  England was in the middle of that imperial sweepstakes when it industrialized.  The oceangoing sailing ship was history’s greatest energy technology to its time.  

So, even if the science of energy was still more than a century away, England learned energy tricks that led to its ascent, and using coal was the greatest of them, leading to an Epochal Event, and humanity’s greatest so far.  Coal is nasty stuff, and London’s air pollution was legendary.  

Let there be no doubt about it: Europe’s conquest of Earth is arguably history’s greatest crime.  Europe inflicted the greatest demographic catastrophes in history onto Earth’s peoples.  Three continents were almost entirely depopulated via Europe’s conquest, making way for “settlers” (such as my ancestors) and Africa and Asia also suffered greatly, due to Europe’s ascendance.  A tiny island nation laid its boot across much of the world’s neck, and industrialization made it all possible.  

England’s most eventful imperial venture was its invasion of North America.  It easily swept aside the natives, in their early Third Epoch, with a genocidal fervor that inspired Hitler.  England stumbled into Earth’s richest unexploited continent, which still had its forests and soils intact, and England wasted no time in exploiting it.  By time of the American Revolution, New England was completely deforested and began importing British coal.  Then the “settlers” began exploiting North American coal, and history’s greatest feat of industrialization was underway, leading to history’s richest and most powerful nation, and an entire continent was raped, with its plunder thrown into the maw of industrialization.  The genocides that the West inflicted last to this day, but have received an Orwellian renaming, such as “humanitarian” invasions and genocides, as the USA secures the world’s last easy oil, as its easy oil is long gone.  

The USA is also the heart of the suppression of free energy technology.  The immense crimes continue, and may make Earth uninhabitable in the near future.  All that horror aside, industrialization is the greatest boon to human welfare ever.  The average American lives a richer life than Earth’s richest human of three centuries ago, and industrialization is responsible for that.  

That book that I just finished, Energy and the English Industrial Revolution, ended as it began, noting that industrialization was opening Pandora’s jar, and it remains to be seen if humanity survives the Fourth Epoch.  My life’s work is about seeing that we do, and leaving it behind for the Fifth.  Some Muppets may think that that is a crazy idea, but I don’t.  

Best,

Wade

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ernie:

This thread is for people to sing on, and hum, too.  :) If my grand plan ever comes to fruition, it is going to take 100,000 people or so, and I can see several levels of involvement, and if it is your desire, you can find a place to help.  

To all:

I met with one of my long-time pupils yesterday, and the gist regarding my work was that the 2002 version of my site was not a pleasant read, which was my intention.  However, that version also has visionary material that I have heard is found no place else on Earth, from people who should know.  

But it was my big essay that provided the pupil’s personal paradigm shift, and it took about two years of study for it to finally sink in.  That was also my intention.  Developing a comprehensive perspective takes a lot of work.  It took me many years to get there, and when I look at my essays from the 2002 version, I can see how I was groping toward the comprehensive perspective that Uncle Bucky’s work was seminal in helping me see.

On the writing front, if I am lucky, the busiest part of my year at the office is now behind me, and I plan to get a lot of writing done.  First, I will be working on Uncle Ed’s bio project.  I may plunk along on that project for years, but I plan to get the main work done by summer, especially his Wikipedia bio, which is terrible today, essentially a propaganda tract and hatchet job.  

Then it will be on to my big essay update.  It will be significant.  The basic thrust will not change, but it will flesh out many areas more, and will incorporate the latest scientific findings.  I’ll keep updating that essay until I can’t do it anymore.  

Best,

Wade

Hi Ernie:

I guess the short answer is that writing about the topics that I think are needed for the choir is all that I am up for, forum-wise.  My time is very limited.  For my age, I am mind-bogglingly busy.  Helping manifest the biggest event in the human journey is what I am interested in, and I am trying to help people get to where they can also be helpful for that effort.  I think that a comprehensive perspective is needed, so I write in a broad, interdisciplinary way.  I am not really into “debating” much.  What you can see Krishna do on this thread in the past couple of years, discussing the latest scientific paper and scholarly book that is germane to my work, is close to what I am looking for.  Ilie has long been my gold standard, but he is a busy boy these days.  One day, he will resume.  

As I write this, I have piled up correspondence to plow through, I just got done with the busiest part of my work year, I hosted a family gathering last weekend, my haircut is weeks overdue, I have not been hiking for weeks (I have to work on regaining my health this year, and the demands on my time make it a challenge), and so on.  Not nearly enough hours in the day.  In just the past week, I have been resuming my study of Ed and Noam’s work on imperial America, so I can resume my work on Ed’s bio project, for which I hope to get the main piece done by summer, and then work on the essay update, which is two years overdue right now.  So, my morning forum postings are about all that I can muster on the forum front, and replying to pupils and allies, both in forums and privately.  This weekend, I have to do the year-end accounting and income tax filing for my family, which will likely use up a day this weekend.  I have not had a weekend free of work or other commitments since January.  Not whining, just explaining.  :)  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier