The Education Forum

Frank Sturgis and the SAO?

Wim Dankbaar

Is anyone able to provide evidence that Frank Sturgis was connected to the Secret Army Organisation? Larry, James? Or anyone else? This might be tough, as the word "secret" is in it. I'm hoping for an insider to come forward. (Wim Dankbaar)

That might be a tough one, Wim.

We do know that the Secret Army Organization tried to kill DeGaulle and Jean Souetre was a part of that. Souetre was supposedly in Dallas on the day of the assassination even though I believe he was there to see General Walker regarding the utilization of Latin American contacts to hit DeGaulle during his upcoming tour there.

Anyway, Souetre was supposedly trying to get the CIA to back the Secret Army Organization in assassinating DeGaulle. Meetings were held in Madrid where E. Howard Hunt was allegedly in attendance. Nothing came of this but could Sturgis have been connected via Hunt? Just a thought.

Thinking aloud here.

BTW, there was also a 'Secret Army Organization' of Californian ex Minutemen led by FBI man Howard Godfrey during the late 1960's but I don't think this is the organization you are interested in.

James

You all are talking about the OAS, right?

James, please give some more detail on all this. This is the first I've heard of any tie-in of Fiorini/Sturgis to the OAS. The Jean Souetre material is very interesting, please post more on the new Degaulle thread....

Have you read FRIC-FRAC by Albert Spaggiari? Spaggiari robbed the Bank of Nice in the largest bank robbery up to that time by digging through the sewers under Nice, France. Old OAS members were on Spaggiari's team, and it was a real Ocean's Eleven type caper...or Sewers Eleven, anyway ... FRIC-FRAC is a great book, and Spaggiari's still at large. Maybe he'll join the FORUM.....

Hi Shanet,

Wim was originally referring to the Secret Army Organization. This was a group led by General Raoul Salan. I don't know if Sturgis was connected to them or not but I speculated based purely on the loose connection between Jean Souetre and E. Howard Hunt. That of course holds no water but is worth pondering.

I haven't read the Spaggiari book but it sounds interesting.

James