The Education Forum

Jim DiEugenio on The Devil's Chessboard

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim:

Great review. Many wonderful details in this book. New revelations that help pull things together (i.e. connect the dots). The de Gaulle story clinches it for me, personally. OSS animosities, CIA support of the OAS ... any president would've been furious at such treachery and unsanctioned behavior.

Allen Dulles must have viewed JFK as an inexperienced child; in comparison, he (Allen) had been in government service since 1919. Kennedy was up against quite a powerful bunch (Rockefeller, Prescott Bush, Averell Harriman, Wall Street). As Justice Arthur Goldberg stated, the Dulles brothers were traitors. David Talbot's book is a very important work. I am not at all surprised that WSJ or NYT media would maintain silence.

Gene

PS. Tracing William Harvey's travel to Dallas (it does not much matter to me when, or with whom) sometime/anytime in November -- a far cry from Italy -- certainly seems significant.

Thanks Gene.

I also think those are two of the many highlights of the book: the DeGaulle vs OAS and CIA showdown, and the report by Wyatt about Harvey.

Also, the evidence that Dulles actually lobbied to be on the WC. I don't know anyone who did that. Why would you want to be on such a body? Well, from the results that he so studiously helped produce, I think we can deduce something.

The whole portrait of Dulles is also compelling. In someways he is even worse than McCloy.

You know, even though my review is 25 pages long, I left out a lot of stuff.

Jim:

I have been studying the Paines for several months now. They were always persons of interest to me, but not until recently had I gotten deeper into their backgrounds and associations. The fine work of CTKA and Carole Hewitt has helped tremendously, but there is also a mountain of information to be gleaned about them. I went to school and live near their roots in Paoli PA, and find them to be intriguing ... as one author stated, they coincidentally relocate to Irvine Texas the day that Oswald defects, and are magically there "waiting for him" when he returns in 1962. Their connections to Dulles are unmistakable and irrefutable. Dulles promoted, managed and protected them as Warren witnesses ... and not just any old witness, but the most oft-quoted witnesses. Dulles produced information to smear Michael Paine, and used the Quaker/Unitarian brand to cover these wolves in sheep's clothing.

Gene

I am really glad someone is still working on the Paines. And the fact you live in Paoli helps.

You are absolutely correct about Dulles using aspects of the Unitarians, as Evica pointed out in his book.

What a coincidence eh: they move to Irvine the day Oswald defects.

I can't take anyone seriously who mocks a researcher

by using a derisive nickname (such as "Jimbo"). Anyone

who stoops to juvenile mockery automatically loses a debate.

Thanks for the feedback, Mr. McBride.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Glad to see Joe is over here.

A very distinguished author of many, many books, including the best book ever written on Spielberg, and the authority on the great Orson Welles.

Kind of person who gives the cause credibility.

Plus, he is a real cool guy, a gentleman. I don't know if this is his kind of place, there are some real zealots here.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Glad to see Joe is over here.

A very distinguished author of many, many books, including the best book ever written on Spielberg, and the authority on the great Orson Welles.

Kind of person who gives the cause credibility.

Plus, he is a real cool guy, a gentleman. I don't know if this is his kind of place, there are some real zealots here.

Boy, I'll say. I mean, wavin' their hands in the air an' frothin' at the mouth 'n everything!

--Tommy the xxxxx :sun

Well Tommy they just let one of your favorites back on.

Recall, the guy you took a poll on?

And he is busy, busy again.

Well Tommy they just let one of your favorites back on.

Recall, the guy you took a poll on?

And he is busy, busy again.

Yes, Mr. James DiEugenio.

It seems that he and I currently have a common interest, one David Sanchez Morales.

Perhaps you've heard of him?

Respectfully yours,

--Tommy the xxxxx :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Oh, I did not know you now were friends with him.

No more polls then?

Oh, I did not know you now were friends with him.

No more polls then?

Yes, Mr. DiEugenio, "Word Twister" and I are great pals now.

Like Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump.

A marriage of connivance convenience.

--Tommy, the Droll :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

I can't take anyone seriously who mocks a researcher

by using a derisive nickname (such as "Jimbo"). Anyone

who stoops to juvenile mockery automatically loses a debate.

Joe, you beat me to it. It's clearly used in a derogatory manner, but I guess certain people are permitted such mockery on this site.

Dawn