The Education Forum

The detectives at the press conference...Who were they?

Pat Speer

Three detectives lined up behind Oswald at the midnight press conference. Do we know their names? i think two of them are Richard Sims and Elmer Boyd, with Boyd being the one on Oswald's left, and Sims being the one right behind Oswald. Is this correct? And, if so, who is the detective on Oswald's right?

Oswald_Midnight_Press_Conference.jpg

Edited by Pat Speer

Three detectives lined up behind Oswald at the midnight press conference. Do we know their names? i think two of them are Richard Sims and Elmer Boyd, with Boyd being the one on Oswald's left, and Sims being the one right behind Oswald. Is this correct? And, if so, who is the detective on Oswald's right?

Oswald_Midnight_Press_Conference.jpg

Pat,

I believe that this is Detective M. G. (Marlin G.) Hall from the Homicide and Robbery Bureau. He was partnered with Sims and Boyd and in his after-action report, talks about taking Oswald down to the midnight press conference with Sims and Boyd.

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/09/0948-002.gif

Steve Thomas

I believe the one on our right is Elmer Boyd. He is seen again in the photo below, walking ahead of Fritz and carrying a Remington Model 8 semi-auto rifle.

mURI_temp_90ace6c4.jpg

Edited by Robert Prudhomme