Jump to content
The Education Forum

French Connection


Shanet Clark
 Share

Recommended Posts

I think maybe it's time to revisit this thread, which was pretty much hijacked by page 2 by Mr. Gratz. Steve Thomas and Shanet Clark and others did a good job setting up the discussion on page 1. The Corsican connection has never been disproven, it just kind of faded away. Yet there are new clues to add, such as written about in David Talbot's book The Devil's Chessboard having to do with the OAS attempt on DeGaulle, and his response to it. Operation Gladio is mentioned by Steve Thomas, and it is worth exploring, especially in light of Lemnitzer being removed from the JCS and put in charge of NATO forces, and therefore most likely Operation Gladio. We have, as Thomas and others have pointed out, memos from William Harvey, whose ZRRIFLE assassination unit was overseen by Richard Helms, a man with longstanding ties to James Angleton from OSS days, which describe the outsourcing of assassination squads. And there's Dinkin, US Army stationed in Europe overhearing OAS communications talking about the assassination before it occurred, something which resulted in Dinkin being detained and messed with extensively. I find myself believing his story now.

What is missing from this thread is QJWIN. Who was he? Name still hidden by CIA, he was apparently a European assassin, or recruiter of assassins, who is tied into the Corsican network. Who contacted him? Apparently William Harvey. Then we have Phillipe De Vosjoli, head of French Intel in the US until he resigned in November 1963 and defected (?) to the US. Close to Angleton, he flew to Mexico right after the assassination of JFK and stayed with retired US Army Colonel Brandstetter, co founder of the 488th reserve Intelligence unit in Dallas, (at least 60 of whose members with also DPD, mostly from the detective unit) with fellow ex Army intelligence officer and oilman Jack Crichton. 

I've come to the pretty firm conclusion that the key to the assassination is QJWIN. As for Mexico City and New Orleans being the key, I believe they are the key to Oswald, not to the crime itself. Above all of it, MC, JMWAVE, NO, the radical right fascist network, sits James Angleton, who may not have been privy, as he said, to who fired the fatal shots, but who was the most likely mastermind of the plot. But he did not operate in a vacuum or on his own accord.

Edited by Paul Brancato
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2017 at 2:34 PM, Paul Brancato said:

  .....

Then we have Phillipe De Vosjoli, head of French Intel in the US until he resigned in November 1963 and defected (?) to the US. Close to Angleton, he flew to Mexico right after the assassination of JFK and stayed with retired US Army Colonel Brandstetter, co founder of the 488th reserve Intelligence unit in Dallas, (at least 60 of whose members with also DPD, mostly from the detective unit) with fellow ex Army intelligence officer and oilman Jack Crichton. 

  .....

 

Paul,

 

For what it's worth, de Vosjoli resigned on October 18, 1963, and he was head of only those French Intelligence operations that were based in the U.S.

Regardless, who told you that he flew to Mexico right after the assassination?

 

Tom Mangold?

 

--  T.G.

 

Edited by Thomas Graves
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Corrections. He drove. He was SDECE head in Us, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean.


Ok.

 

So he drove, and he was the head of SDECE for the Western Hemisphere. 

But the crux of the question was and still is:  How do you know he fled (or whatever you want to call it) to Mexico right after the assassination

Mangold tell you?

If so, anybody else?

 

--  T.G.

 

Edited by Thomas Graves
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Colonel Frank M Brandstetter, his host in Mexico. Read Brandy - Portrait of an Intelligence Officer. 

Incidentally I rad the essay, not the book, by Bagley. Very convincing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Colonel Frank M Brandstetter, his host in Mexico. Read Brandy - Portrait of an Intelligence Officer. 

Incidentally I rad the essay, not the book, by Bagley. Very convincing. 

 

Paul,

 

Wow, that's totally rad, dude.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

 

--  T.G.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 years later...
On 9/22/2017 at 2:34 PM, Paul Brancato said:

I think maybe it's time to revisit this thread, which was pretty much hijacked by page 2 by Mr. Gratz. Steve Thomas and Shanet Clark and others did a good job setting up the discussion on page 1. The Corsican connection has never been disproven, it just kind of faded away. Yet there are new clues to add, such as written about in David Talbot's book The Devil's Chessboard having to do with the OAS attempt on DeGaulle, and his response to it. Operation Gladio is mentioned by Steve Thomas, and it is worth exploring, especially in light of Lemnitzer being removed from the JCS and put in charge of NATO forces, and therefore most likely Operation Gladio. We have, as Thomas and others have pointed out, memos from William Harvey, whose ZRRIFLE assassination unit was overseen by Richard Helms, a man with longstanding ties to James Angleton from OSS days, which describe the outsourcing of assassination squads. And there's Dinkin, US Army stationed in Europe overhearing OAS communications talking about the assassination before it occurred, something which resulted in Dinkin being detained and messed with extensively. I find myself believing his story now.

What is missing from this thread is QJWIN. Who was he? Name still hidden by CIA, he was apparently a European assassin, or recruiter of assassins, who is tied into the Corsican network. Who contacted him? Apparently William Harvey. Then we have Phillipe De Vosjoli, head of French Intel in the US until he resigned in November 1963 and defected (?) to the US. Close to Angleton, he flew to Mexico right after the assassination of JFK and stayed with retired US Army Colonel Brandstetter, co founder of the 488th reserve Intelligence unit in Dallas, (at least 60 of whose members with also DPD, mostly from the detective unit) with fellow ex Army intelligence officer and oilman Jack Crichton. 

I've come to the pretty firm conclusion that the key to the assassination is QJWIN. As for Mexico City and New Orleans being the key, I believe they are the key to Oswald, not to the crime itself. Above all of it, MC, JMWAVE, NO, the radical right fascist network, sits James Angleton, who may not have been privy, as he said, to who fired the fatal shots, but who was the most likely mastermind of the plot. But he did not operate in a vacuum or on his own accord.

Paul, Angleton was obviously lying about not being privy to who kill the president

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

My murky understanding is that solid researcher John Newman is again exploring the Gladio topic. But he is holding his cards close to his vest. 

My guess is the JFKA was conducted by a very small clump of guys who knew and trusted each other, and they would be wary of bringing any outsiders in.

Why would Cuban exiles need a French shooter? 

But events happen as they do, and not always logically. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My money would be on types who could disappear into a Dallas crowd, and not attract attention through exceptional appearance or vocal accents.  Especially since the patsy picked had an outsider look.  Could even be someone who might blend with the African-Americans employed at the TSBD and other Plaza buildings, such as Nestor Izquierdo.

Edited by David Andrews
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/15/2004 at 11:15 PM, John Simkin said:

See my biography of Stephen Rivele for this story.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKrivele.htm

Christian David was the leader of the Corsican network in South America. David was awaiting extradition to France to stand trial for murdering a policeman. David told Rivele that he had information on the Kennedy assassination, in return for which he wanted a deal with the U.S. government to block his extradition to France. Through Rivele's efforts, a federal judge temporarily halted David's extradition.

In return for Rivele's help, David told him that Kennedy's assassination had been organized by Antoine Guerini, the Corsican crime boss in Marseilles. David turned down the contract but was accepted by Lucien Sarti and two other members of the Marseilles mob. According to David, Sarti fired from behind the wooden fence on the grassy knoll. The first shot was fired from behind and hit Kennedy in the back. The second shot was fired from behind, and hit John Connally. The third shot was fired from in front, and hit Kennedy in the head. The fourth shot was from behind and missed.

Rivele's material was used in the 1988 television documentary, The Men Who Killed Kennedy. As well as Lucien Sarti he also named Sauveur Pironti and Roger Bocognani as being involved in the killing. However, Pironti and Bocognani both had alibis and Rivele was forced to withdraw the allegation.

I am afraid that David's story is as reliable as all those of witnesses in prison serving long sentences.

Christian David killed the French Connection story by giving false leads. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...