The Education Forum

RESEARCH THREADS

I want to make clear how Research Threads will be located on the EF.

All such threads are located in our Research Forum and are hyperlinked to the JFK Assassination Forum.

At present there is only Robert Prodhumme's Autopsy thread. And at the moment the pinned thread takes that name. However when new research threads - such as Duncan's PrayerWoman and Greg's PrayerMan - is completed then the name of the thread will be Research Threads. In addition I intend to submit a Research Thread on the wounding of John Connally shortly.

At present when you click the thread there is just Robert's thread, Later, it is anticipated that there will be a variety of Research Threads to contribute to.

James.

Duncan,

Your are correct. When completed send the PDF to me and I will create your thread, store and link your PDF to your thread.

You are wrong in suggesting that I will only accept the PDF if I approve it. My approval is not an issue. You have written the paper and i assume you will be able to defend it. My approval is not the issue.

James

Hello James

As you have stated, we will be required to defend our positions on these Research Threads. At the moment, though, I see it is not possible to reply to my research thread. Is this a temporary situation?

Bob

I, for one, probably will avoid the research threads. I like the idea of research papers thoughtfully written and defended. I dislike the notion that I must jump through a hoop and conform my comments to some set of rules. Please disabuse me if I'm wrong about the hoop or rules.

Jon,

What I wrote there was probably a bit too strong. They are more "Guidance" rather than "Rules."

I was hoping members would have read the summary document and what they have to say reflects - to some degree - what they have read. And more important how respond to the topic - as laid out in the summary document.

What I was hoping to avoid was a free for all that bore no reference to the topic and the document.

James

Now that there are two research threads up, and we are allowed to reply to them, I am going to make a commitment right from the start, and if I stray from it, I expect to be taken to task for straying.

James has very noble expectations for these threads, and I respect him for that. While I am not immune from mudslinging and infighting on other threads, I hereby pledge to be always on my best behaviour on the new research threads, and to discuss all topics in as gentlemanly a fashion as a retired West Coast logger is capable of.

In respect of the vision James has for these threads, would it be asking too much for my fellow members to also make a commitment to excellence?

Robert,

There is no virus. I am Macintosh and it is this that your virus is responding to.

As regards being able to respond to the threads, of course members are allowed to respond to both threads. As I mentioned to Jon Tidd maybe I was being a little too idealistic. I was just hoping that somehow these threads are more focused on the issues than personalities.

James