The Education Forum

U.S. Government has long used propaganda against American people

Very interesting Douglas.

I recently read the book The Real Spy World by author, and former OSS intelligence officer, Miles Copeland. Part of his book deals directly with this subject. In summary he describes in detail much of what your link alludes to.

I'll attempt to paraphrase him by saying that, most of what is considered to be of high-priority intelligence interest can be gained by the purchase of a copy of the New York Times. Copeland also went on to state later in the book that, "... president Kennedy admitted that most of his opinions were based largely on what he read in the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Christian Science Monitor." To what degree he may or may not have been aware of the CIA's influence on these publications was not addressed.

Regards,

Craig C.

Edited by Craig Carvalho

Jon,

President Eisenhower certainly was suspicious of the CIA. His creation of Solarium, the 5412 Committee, and ultimately the PBCFIA headed by David K.E. Bruce would attest to Eisenhower's increasing weariness. In Bruce's final report he made mention of Mockingbird and was extremely critical of it's intentions. I would surmise then that president Kennedy would have been aware of it's existence.

Regards,

Craig C.