The Education Forum

Re-Post from ROKC: re Baker entering TSBD

Forget her position Thomas, you are getting sidetracked and so are the others. The reason why she was brought into the fold is due to her statement and what she said in conjunction with the possible sighting of Baker and the radio message. The focus of this thread is Baker.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget her position Thomas, you are getting sidetracked and so are the others. The reason why she was brought into the fold is due to her statement and what she said in conjunction with the possible sighting of Baker and the radio message. The focus of this thread is Baker.

Well, gosh, Barto.

Forget about Hawkins' position, even though her position would determine whether or not she could have heard, on Baker's radio, Sheriff Decker's "railroad yards" broadcast about thirty seconds after the final shot?

Just assume that she did, and leave it at that? And not only that, but that she saw Baker lingering / hanging out in front of the TSBD during Decker's broadcast, about thirty seconds after the final shot?

Okay.

You say that this thread is about Baker, not Hawkins or Calvery.

Fine.

What would you like to say about Baker?

What would you like for us to discuss about Baker on this thread?

What a dirty rotten xxxx he must have been?

Anything else?

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

You are repeating all bits that have been discussed to death already.

What would help is trawl through the available documents if there are other statements that mention anything of the like Peggy said..................

[...]

What would help is trawling through the available documents to see if there are other statements that mention anything similar to what Peggy said...

(Translated by T. Graves)

Barto,

Let us know how that works out.

Regarding Hawkins' claiming to have seen Baker "in front of the TSBD" while she and her son were reentering the building, if (before Truly caught up with him) Baker had taken a few seconds to ask people inside the lobby, "where are the stairs leading to the roof," would that count as being "in front of the building"?

"Well, sir, there are some stairs right over there, but unfortunately, they don't go all the way up to the roof. You see, sir, I'm afraid that If you take them, you'll have to ... "

Edited by Thomas Graves

The Altgens woman with the baby seems to be still in that same position as Couch panned left,

in the last frames, I think that's her at least, at upper right.

Lztd4dq.gif

Note the tip of the antenna on the bike in the first few frames.

Might suggest that Baker was still sat on it until the very last second.

Cropped from the Gerda gif where the focus was on the babushka girl.

[...]

What would help is trawling through the available documents to see if there are other statements that mention anything similar to what Peggy said...

(Translated by T. Graves)

Barto,

Let us know how that works out.

Regarding Hawkins' claiming to have seen Baker "in front of the TSBD" while she and her son were reentering the building, if (before Truly caught up with him) Baker had taken a few seconds to ask people inside the lobby, "where are the stairs leading to the roof," would that count as being "in front of the building"?

"Well, sir, there are some stairs right over there, but unfortunately, they don't go all the way up to the roof. You see, sir, I'm afraid that If you take them, you'll have to ... "

Yeah Tommy that would be the frigging day you actually get your finger out just this once, my 'brave' little internet warrior.

Edited by Bart Kamp

The Altgens woman with the baby seems to be still in that same position as Couch panned left,

Lztd4dq.gif

Clive this gif has 53 frames, the last 20 are blurred beyond recognition.

The best frame I think is this.

Peggy-Hawkins.jpg

If that is Peggy Bibbler Hawkins and her child then she had a great position to hear Baker's motorcycle radio, since it is seen next to CamCar 2 and have a great vantage point looking back towards the front entrance of the TSBD or while walking back.

edit: does that settle it Tommy?????

Edited by Bart Kamp

Cheers Bart.

Here's another one from Gerda cropped and culled again because of size restrictions.

No one else really stands out as having a child with them but one or two of the woman on the right with their backs to us could be holding something, the one in black stepping toward the curb especially.

In part, posted for Tommy regarding the people near the lamp post.

Possibly "Reed" there on the grass looking in their direction after getting separated from her own group?

27421oQ.gif

Considering the idea of someone hiding behind the wall, I noticed the head popping up from the pedestal nearest us.

The Bell film says there was no one there.

Did Zapruder leave something near the bench and quickly run over to retrieve it?

Only thing I can think of at the moment.

His camera perhaps?

No idea Clive, even my high res copies do not show enough, but to me this doesn't make any difference.

Considering the distance Peggy had from the front steps and the motorcycle it is more than enough for me that she heard Baker's radio.

Now I want to read some form of confirmation from others with regards Baker not going on those steps right away.

It is not enough for now.

Hard to believe it was not that long ago everyone said I was nuts for not believing Baker went into the TSBD immediately.

Of course, my saying so doesn't really count, as I was only working on a "hunch".

Not like some of the serious "researchers" here.

Sometimes hunches pan out.

Sometimes hunches pan out.

I was being sarcastic, Jim, for the benefit of certain members here who have attempted to minimize the value of my work at another forum. And who, right up until the Hawkins' statement was brought into the light, believed I was mistaken in saying Baker did not enter the TSBD immediately.

Lztd4dq.gif

Clive this gif has 53 frames, the last 20 are blurred beyond recognition.

The best frame I think is this.

Peggy-Hawkins.jpg

If that is Peggy Bibbler Hawkins and her child then she had a great position to hear Baker's motorcycle radio, since it is seen next to CamCar 2 and have a great vantage point looking back towards the front entrance of the TSBD or while walking back.

edit: does that settle it Tommy?????

Barto,

Works for me.

What I'm thinking is that Baker might have listened to his radio for a few seconds after he'd parked his motorcycle, and Peggy might have seen him there and / or as he was running towards the TSBD, and that she then walked over towards his motorcycle and heard Decker's "railroad yards" comment on the radio. Obviously, Baker would have been "in front of the TSBD" the whole time that Hawkins saw him (i.e. while he was standing next to his motorcycle and / or while running towards the building), and he still could have gone directly up the steps and into the building.

The timing of Sheriff Decker's "railroad yards" comment wouldn't be so critical in that scenario, would it.

Regardless, do we know exactly (not in round minutes, but plus or minus a couple of seconds) when Decker broadcast that bit about "the railroad yards" from Curry's radio?

Nice rendition of that Couch frame, by the way.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Thomas Graves