The Education Forum

WARNING to Forum Members: Please Read This!

Jim Hargrove

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Saint Scott. :)

However, as unlikely as the "Bank Screwed Up" theory might be, I will say this....

That "Screwed Up" theory is still MUCH more likely to be true than the nonsensical "Everything Connected To The Rifle Purchase Is Fake" theory.

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity [or incompetence]."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

Thank you, Saint Scott. :)

However, as unlikely as the "Bank Screwed Up" theory might be, I will say this....

That "Screwed Up" theory is still MUCH more likely to be true than the nonsensical "Everything Connected To The Rifle Purchase Is Fake" theory.

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity [or incompetence]."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

Stupid is as stupid does.

Not only did First National Bank of Chicago screw up.

So did the FRB of Chicago.

Once again, DVP: Merely show through a bank statement that First credited Klein's for a $21.45 deposit in mid-March 1963 (i.e., the A. Hidell PMO), and I'll shut up permanently. Forever. A bank statement.

After pondering the long and arduous conversation of this thread it dawned on me, how many "screw ups" were there throughout the course of the "alleged assassin" that the CIA needed to cover this up because President Johnson didn't want to engage into war with Cuba that would have ultimately dragged in Russia. So, the new president lets them run a muck. What are the odds of Oswald getting shot, Kennedy getting assassinated in six seconds, the bank doesn't stamp the postal money order, a flurry of police officers arrives at the Texas Theater because someone didn't pay for a ticket, the list is long.

Let's just say, I'd have better odds at playing the lotto!

Edited by Scott Kaiser

Once again, DVP: Merely show through a bank statement that First credited Klein's for a $21.45 deposit in mid-March 1963 (i.e., the A. Hidell PMO), and I'll shut up permanently. Forever. A bank statement.

What good would that do you, Jon? You mean you'd actually believe that such a bank statement, should it ever be produced, wasn't capable of being faked or manufactured by conspirators?

I'm amazed that you'd accept such a "bank statement" as proof of anything. Very few Internet CTers would.

Edited by David Von Pein

What good would that do you, Jon? You mean you'd actually believe that such a bank statement, should it ever be produced, wasn't capable of being faked or manufactured by conspirators?

I'm amazed that you'd accept such a "bank statement" as proof of anything. Very few Internet CTers would.

That, actually, is a very good point!

(Sorry Jon... though if it's any consolation, I though your point was good before I read DVP's counterpoint.)

After pondering the long and arduous conversation of this thread it dawned on me, how many "screw ups" were there throughout the course of the "alleged assassin" that the CIA needed to cover this up because President Johnson didn't want to engage into war with Cuba that would have ultimately dragged in Russia. So, the new president lets them run a muck. What are the odds of Oswald getting shot, Kennedy getting assassinated in six seconds, the bank doesn't stamp the postal money order, a flurry of police officers arrives at the Texas Theater because someone didn't pay for a ticket, the list is long.

Let's just say, I'd have better odds at playing the lotto!

And here, Scott gives a great example of an argument that holds water. There are just too many HIGHLY UNLIKELY occurrences in the JFK assassination case to believe it was what it was made out to be... a simple murder.

...a flurry of police officers arrives at the Texas Theater because someone didn't pay for a ticket...

This is nothing but total B.S. invented by CTers who are desperate to keep Lee Oswald blameless for all November 22 crimes.

The reason the police swarmed the Texas Theater was certainly NOT because Oswald had entered without buying a ticket. The reason, instead, was a perfectly logical and sensible one, all explained by the person who called the police, Julia Postal, in her Warren Commission testimony (the key sentence in Postal's testimony emphasized in bold text by DVP below).

I don't think the police even knew that Oswald had not bought a movie ticket when the police went to the theater.* There's nothing in Mrs. Postal's testimony that would indicate she told the police on the phone that the man who just entered the theater had not purchased a ticket. It's possible that she told the DPD that information, but she certainly doesn't indicate it here....

JULIA POSTAL -- "I told Johnny [brewer] about the fact that the President had been assassinated. "I don't know if this is the man they want," I said, "in there, but he is running from them for some reason," and I said "I am going to call the police, and you and Butch [burroughs] go get on each of the exit doors and stay there." So, well, I called the police, and he wanted to know why I thought it was their man, and I said, "Well, I didn't know," and he said, "Well, it fits the description," and I have not---I said I hadn't heard the description. All I know is, "This man is running from them for some reason." And he wanted to know why, and told him because everytime the sirens go by he would duck and he wanted to know----well, if he fits the description is what he says. I said, "Let me tell you what he looks like and you take it from there." And explained that he had on this brown sports shirt and I couldn't tell you what design it was, and medium height, ruddy looking to me, and he said, "Thank you," and I called the operator and asked him to look through the little hole and see if he could see anything and told him I had called the police, and what was happening, and he wanted to know if I wanted him to cut the picture off, and I says, "No, let's wait until they get here." So, seemed like I hung up the intercom phone when here all of a sudden, police cars, policemen, plainclothesmen, I never saw so many people in my life. And they raced in, and the next thing I knew, they were carrying----well, that is when I first heard Officer Tippit had been shot because some officer came in the box office and used the phone, said, "I think we have got our man on both accounts." "What two accounts?" And said, "Well, Officer Tippit's," shocked me, because Officer Tippit used to work part time for us years ago. I didn't know him personally."

Complete Testimony Of Julia Postal

* EDIT -- After looking at Mrs. Postal's 12/4/63 affidavit, I see I was incorrect about the "ticket" information. Postal, in her affidavit, says that she definitely DID inform the police that the suspect in the theater had not purchased a ticket (after the policeman on the phone asked her if he had bought a ticket). So I stand corrected on that point.

Edited by David Von Pein

...a flurry of police officers arrives at the Texas Theater because someone didn't pay for a ticket...

This is nothing but total B.S. invented by CTers who are desperate to keep Lee Oswald blameless for all November 22 crimes.

The reason the police swarmed the Texas Theater was certainly NOT because Oswald had entered without buying a ticket. The reason, instead, was a perfectly logical and sensible one, all explained by the person who called the police, Julia Postal, in her Warren Commission testimony (the key sentence in Postal's testimony emphasized in bold text by DVP below).

I don't think the police even knew that Oswald had not bought a movie ticket when the police went to the theater. There's nothing in Mrs. Postal's testimony that would indicate she told the police on the phone that the man who just entered the theater had not purchased a ticket. It's possible that she told the DPD that information, but she certainly doesn't indicate it here....

Complete Testimony Of Julia Postal

Police cars swarmed in as though they had a positive identification on Oswald, when all they really had was a report of suspicious activity by some guy.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

Police cars swarmed in as though they had a positive identification on Oswald, when all they really had was a report of suspicious activity by some guy.

A policeman had just been gunned down in the general area of the theater in Oak Cliff, and the police get a call very shortly after that shooting from a citizen who told them that a person in the theater (who generally matches the description of Officer Tippit's killer) is "running from them for some reason" and is also ducking the sirens....

And you think the police should have dispatched just--what?--one patrol car to investigate?

That's funny, Sandy.

And, btw, Sandy....do you still think Scott was correct when he repeated this conspiracy myth earlier?....

"...a flurry of police officers arrives at the Texas Theater because someone didn't pay for a ticket."

Edited by David Von Pein

The movie theater is a mile from where Tippit was shot. Not exactly nearby.

Nevertheless....

I would expect the police to send two squad cars with four officers to check it out. One car for out front and the other for out back.

Certainly NOT 15 squad cars and 26 officers! How ridiculous!

Certainly NOT 15 squad cars and 26 officers! How ridiculous!

Not ridiculous if the DPD knew it was Oswald. So how did they know? The answer, it seems to me, is that the DPD must have known that Oswald was supposed to go to the Texas Theater. Which puts the DPD smack dab in the conspiracy.

And here, Scott gives a great example of an argument that holds water. There are just too many HIGHLY UNLIKELY occurrences in the JFK assassination case to believe it was what it was made out to be... a simple murder.

I'm sure someone could come up with some real good ones, and lay them all out, but some of my all time favorites are, not practically in order.

Mrs. Goodpasture's testimony.

IF A TAPE OF OSWALD'S VOICE EXISTED AT THE TIME OF THE ASSASSINATION, THEY DID NOT KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT IT. Then it get's right into the CIA and those responsible for creating all this BS in the first place, knowing the CIA was trying to create something that wasn't there. Then, give it to the FBI who's taken the lead in this case.

Q. Were they able to locate the original tapes?

A. I don't think so.

Q. Do you recall what was done with those tapes?

A. NO.

Q. Did you ever.

A. I never heard them. (How would she know to answer the next question if he hadn't finished asking?)

It's suppose to be a "Q" but, of course, it's a "screw up" and was typed out as an "A."

A. You never heard them?

A. No.

Q. On what basis do you say the original tapes were found?

In Goodpatuer's prior testimony she says copies of the tapes were made, she says that her boss, Win Scott GAVE her a copy of a tape to give to the FBI, here when asked if she recalls what was done with those tape(s), instead of suggesting copies were made and given to the FBI she says no.

But, this is just another 'screw up' right? But Scott! How could it possibly be a screw up? I ask you now, has ANYONE in the CIA or ANYONE in the FBI ever produced the tapes that could have very well been the finial nail in the coffin for Oswald so to say?

I'll answer that your honor, hell NO!

But, it's just another screw up!

goodpasture_168.JPG

Edited by Scott Kaiser