The Education Forum

WARNING to Forum Members: Please Read This!

Jim Hargrove

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. So Davey's piggybacking and "recreations' are a violation.

Yeah, sure, Jimmy. And you've NEVER copied anyone's posts from JFK forums to use in your CTKA articles, have you? Like, say, this little smear piece against "Disinformation Dave", as you called him....

http://www.ctka.net/2010/dvp.html

Pot meets Kettle (again).

And I sure hope to God that Jimbo got bank supervisor "Craig's" express written approval before quoting him in this thread above. If not, a lawsuit will surely be pending!

The first idea, that I somehow use quotes from this site in any real or significant way at CTKA is so ridiculous as to be bizarre. But that's Davy. His usual breadcrumb mode in order to distract from his wholesale use of quotes in large sections of his site.

Craig said what he said. And there is nothing in any way wrong with me using him as a source since there was no qualification as to the information.

Edited by James DiEugenio

The first idea, that I somehow use spots from this site in any real or significant way at CTKA is so ridiculous as to be bizarre.

I didn't say that my quotes you used (without my permission) in your 2-part smear piece against me in 2010 came from THIS site, Jimmy. I think most of the quotes you used came from Debra Conway's old Lancer forum. But, so what? The point is still the same. Lancer undoubtedly had about the same "Terms of Use" rules in place as Edu. Forum does, right?

So, did you get Lancer's express permission to use my quotes in your DVP smear piece? Of course you didn't. Nobody ever does. Who would? They're posts on a public forum. And I'm pretty certain Jon Tidd's first post is accurate. It's not illegal to copy quotes from any public forum or website and use them elsewhere on the Internet.

Can you just imagine the massive number of lawsuits that there would be if "copying & pasting" Internet quotes to other sites suddenly became a major violation? There wouldn't be enough lawyers in the world to handle all the cases. It's absurd.

Jim Hargrove started this ridiculous thread merely because of my status as a Lone Nutter -- and for NO other possible reason.

To prove I'm right, just ask yourself this question----

Do you think Hargrove would have even considered (for even a brief instant) starting up a thread like this one if it was Jim DiEugenio or John Armstrong or Mark Lane or Greg Parker or Jon Tidd who had copied posts written by other people to their websites? (And, of course, DiEugenio and Parker HAVE done just that--many times--in the past. What person who owns a "JFK" website HASN'T?)

I rest my case.

Edited by David Von Pein

Davey:

Nice pirouette, but in that case, I did talk to Debra about that incident over there. In fact I told her I was surprised that she did not eject you sooner and I told her I was working on an essay about you. BTW, she said she knew you would hang yourself, and she let you do so. To the uninitiated, Davey was banned from Lancer when he accused most of the people there of being psychologically afflicted and needing to read books like "How to Cure Your Paranoia". This is because they thought Oswald was not guilty of killing anyone.

Your other point is just as superfluous. What you do is this: you extract from this site on a wholesale scale, and I mean wholesale. You then pull all these quotes--literally hundreds of them, probably thousands--and you put them on your site, and then you embroider them, so you can get the last word.

Which is deceptive in itself since no one can contravene that last word.

And the idea that this complaint is new is thoroughly disingenuous on your part. And you know it.

Because Lee Farley complained about this vociferously many years ago when Simkin had the site.

Jim,

Everyone here has consented to be in the public arena.

The stuff anyone posts here is non-copyright material unless so designated.

No one who posts here can maintain a libel action against one who falsely portrays what was posted unless the false portrayal was made with knowledge of the falsity or reckless disregard of the falsity.

In any event, it sounds to me that DVP is preaching to the choir. Which is OK.

That's not exactly what is said on the Education Forum's homepage, Jon. The first line under “Terms of Use” is this:
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this site is owned or controlled by the Education Forum.
I don't see anything about public domain. Did we all have to consent to something different when we signed up? I don't recall.

It would also be helpful if Larry Hancock or Debra Conway could weigh in on this issue as it relates to archived JFK Lancer Forum posts. And, for that matter, Robert Harris regarding the rules for his old JFK History Forum.

Edited by Ken Rheberg

Ken, I really have no idea as I was never involved with the administration of the Lancer web site....posted a lot of times but I assume the rules are much the same. To tell the truth I've never worried much about posts as I assume that anyone can and probably will grab something off a public forum. For that matter I assume the same for my blog......protecting something personally posted on the internet is pretty problematic....reminds me of telephone calls on the old party lines, you just assumed somebody had their pone picked up on your call. I will ask Deb about it when I have the chance....

...and then you embroider them...

You think I "embroider" the direct quotes I get from here?

Your imagination is a remarkable thing to behold, Jimmy.

...so you can get the last word. Which is deceptive in itself since no one can contravene that last word.

And you think you DON'T get the "last word" when you write an article for your website?

So tell me....what's the major difference (in a "last word" fashion) between the way I cull a conversation for my blog and the way you structure an article for your website, such as your 2-part smear piece on DVP?

Answer----there is no difference at all, and you know it.

jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/dvp-vs-dieugenio-part-1.html

http://www.ctka.net/2010/dvp.html

Edited by David Von Pein

You can't be serious, this is all one big joke, and someone is going to let the kitty out of the bag right? This bickering about what he said she said over what they said regarding what? Kennedy's assassination? And these are our top researchers? I know this is a joke, can someone please tell me when the joke is up?

DVP: And you think you DON'T get the "last word" when you write an article for your website?

HA HA HA

​Pure Davey. I mean can you really be this ignorant? Really?

​You are not aware of the replies on the web to the reviews we have posted at CTKA? Really.

​By people like Janney, like Hankey, like Nelson. Most recently Fetzer. I think he did it twice.

What was that tune from the fifties from Rawhide? Roll em roll em roll em. That's Davey.

We don't have correspondence on CTKA. And you know that don't you?

You do.

CTKA also does not host a forum. So there is no parallel.

The bottom line--the one you wish to avoid-- is that you have been doing this for years and years and years. You have been heisting people's quotes from this forum at length on a large scale.

You know people don't like it, because Lee Farley was very angry about it. But you do it anyway and endlessly. And you do it to create a false image of yourself in the eyes of the very few people who may not know how bizarre your ideas are.

Roll'em roll' em roll' em, Rawhide.

CTKA also does not host a forum.

My blog's not a forum either, Jimbo. But you know that, don't you? (And, no, I don't allow comments, even though I could allow them. Should I be sued for that too?)

Scott is right --- this thread is a joke. And the two Jims are competing as the top act in the big tent.

you have been doing this for years and years and years.

And CTKA just started yesterday, right Jimmy? I see.

What a joke.

Edited by David Von Pein

The bottom line--the one you wish to avoid-- is that you have been doing this for years and years and years. You have been heisting people's quotes from this forum at length on a large scale.

You know people don't like it, because Lee Farley was very angry about it. But you do it anyway and endlessly. And you do it to create a false image of yourself in the eyes of the very few people who may not know how bizarre your ideas are.

The above is no joke. That is why he avoided it. (He went back and amended his post after.)