The Education Forum

WARNING to Forum Members: Please Read This!

Jim Hargrove

54 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

And I thank you. :) I hope I have not gotten you into too much hot water since you are now back to dealing with Cliff.

No Mr. Parnell, it is the historical record Mr. Payette (and you) refuse to deal with.

Due to your intellectual bankruptcy you have to identify me personally with the evidence, which doesn't belong to anyone.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/30/2019 at 1:56 PM, Michael Clark said:

.256 “ is a very small round.

That's why the military used them to plink at tin cans, old bottles and oncoming enemy soldiers.

On 8/30/2019 at 4:06 PM, Lance Payette said:

Given a patsy with a large-caliber military rifle

On 8/30/2019 at 4:56 PM, Michael Clark said:

.256 “ is a very small round.

39 minutes ago, Lance Payette said:

That's why the military used them to plink at tin cans, old bottles and oncoming enemy soldiers.

M-16 is a .223” round, even smaller. They don’t get much smaller in terms of caliber, which is the bullet’s diameter.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

YAWN anybody notice the ed forum is way less entertaining since DVP was banned for made-up, butthurt reasons?

The forum owners and administrators set and enforce the rules on this forum, not you. I suggest that you start your own forum if you don't like it.

If you want to be entertained, go to a movie. If you want to watch people argue online, Facebook and Twitter are a mouse click away.

To be honest, it sounds to me like you're the butthurt one, bringing this off-topic and already settled stuff back up for no reason other than you're bored.

There is nothing "made-up" and "butthurt" about Von Pein breaking the rules. He broke the rules. After breaking those rules multiple times over quite a long period of time, he was still afforded multiple opportunities to make it right and remain a member here, and he chose not to do so. That's not anyone else's fault but his own. If he weren't so lazy and just created his own content in the first place instead of stealing it from others, he would be here today entertaining you. Do you think he didn't break the rules, or that the rules on this forum should be waived in his case so long as it provides for your personal entertainment?

Clearly you, @Micah Mileto have never been a content creator for your own website. If you had been, you would know that content doesn't grow on trees. If Von Pein wants someone to create content for his website, he can PAY them or ASK them. Simple as that, and not at all unreasonable, (as if asking to not be the victim of theft was unreasonable in the first place). Somehow you expect members of this forum to be okay with being unpaid content creators for another member's separate website that

1. we didn't join
  2. we didn't agree to write for
  3. we have no opportunity to respond on
  4. was in violation of this forum's rules that every member agreed on signup, and that we agree on every time we participate here

If you want to create content for Von Pein's website, go for it. That's your decision. Please respect the decisions of others who do not want their content stolen and put on another site without their knowledge, without any compensation, and without any way to respond.

-

As an aside, I would like to say that I personally value this forum. I find it a great educational resource, and it continues to further my understanding of the JFK assassination. I am grateful to the other members here, to the moderators and administrators, and to the owners of the forum as well. Thank you.

On 10/28/2019 at 8:45 AM, Denny Zartman said:

How is it stealing to copy and paste text from a public social media platform? I believe stealing is when you take something from somebody else and that person doesn't have that thing anymore. And isn't there an implied consent just by posting online to a public forum? Either way, I don't think it was as bad as disregarding the moral principle of free speech. It's not like DVP was spamming, If someone didn't like his posts, they could've scrolled or moved their eyeballs slightly down.

Edited by Micah Mileto

1 hour ago, Micah Mileto said:

How is it stealing to copy and paste text from a public social media platform? I believe stealing is when you take something from somebody else and that person doesn't have that thing anymore. And isn't there an implied consent just by posting online to a public forum? Either way, I don't think it was as bad as disregarding the moral principal of free speech. It's not like DVP was spamming, If someone didn't like his posts, they could've scrolled or moved their eyeballs slightly down.

Wrong about Fetzer and wrong about Von Pein

Von Pein lifted the content and then replied to it at his own place and made it look he won the debate whereas he had left the thread with his tail between his legs beforehand. This was clearly brought forward in that thread and that was also the reason he got deep sixed. Get your facts straight Micah MIleto.

On 10/28/2019 at 4:48 PM, Bart Kamp said:

Von Pein lifted the content and then replied to it at his own place and made it look he won the debate whereas he had left the thread with his tail between his legs beforehand. This was clearly brought forward in that thread and that was also the reason he got deep sixed.

...Ok? Still not important enough to ignore principles.

Edited by Micah Mileto

30 minutes ago, Kathy Beckett said:

There are other JFK forums you are welcome to join. No one is holding you here.

Come on, I'm not saying it's the biggest deal in the world. I already said everything I think about it, not trying to write War and Peace here. I think this site is pretty cool even with the occasional censorship. Don't go hating me now!

Edited by Micah Mileto

• 3 weeks later...

Withdrawn

Edited by Chuck Robbins
Idiotic statement

On 2/20/2016 at 1:48 PM, David Von Pein said:

I didn't say that my quotes you used (without my permission) in your 2-part smear piece against me in 2010 came from THIS site, Jimmy. I think most of the quotes you used came from Debra Conway's old Lancer forum. But, so what? The point is still the same. Lancer undoubtedly had about the same "Terms of Use" rules in place as Edu. Forum does, right?

So, did you get Lancer's express permission to use my quotes in your DVP smear piece? Of course you didn't. Nobody ever does. Who would? They're posts on a public forum. And I'm pretty certain Jon Tidd's first post is accurate. It's not illegal to copy quotes from any public forum or website and use them elsewhere on the Internet.

Can you just imagine the massive number of lawsuits that there would be if "copying & pasting" Internet quotes to other sites suddenly became a major violation? There wouldn't be enough lawyers in the world to handle all the cases. It's absurd.

Jim Hargrove started this ridiculous thread merely because of my status as a Lone Nutter -- and for NO other possible reason.

To prove I'm right, just ask yourself this question----

Do you think Hargrove would have even considered (for even a brief instant) starting up a thread like this one if it was Jim DiEugenio or John Armstrong or Mark Lane or Greg Parker or Jon Tidd who had copied posts written by other people to their websites? (And, of course, DiEugenio and Parker HAVE done just that--many times--in the past. What person who owns a "JFK" website HASN'T?)

I rest my case.

I sure hope we, as a community, can stop smearing one another altogether.  

Fellas and fefellas, we're not children, we've been at this for quite some time now, right?

Isn't it time to stop personal attacks, respect each other's opinions, and just present our points of view?

I used to absolutely abhor some people here, not for their information in their postings... It was simply the dismissive manner, the denigration, or ugly name calling going on which brought out my own less than gentlemanly responses.

I made a decision to make every attempt to let the information I shared do my persuading for me.

People, I am sure, come here to find reasoned and objective points of view.  Maybe not so much to find us arguing like little kids.

I respect, sometimes grudgingly, your beliefs and points of view. 

Mutual respect, despite divergent viewpoints, is the difference between argument and debate.