The Education Forum

‘JFK’ Envisions an Operatic Ending for Camelot

Make that two of us.

They steal the title from Stone. They use Dallek's lousy books. And they put LBJ in Kennedy's bathroom?

No wonder the NYT reviews it.

I'll save everyone from going to the NY Times link above by pulling this quote:

"In Act I of two, the sleepless Jackie berates Jack for falling asleep in the bath, where he is soaking to soothe his back. She injects him with morphine, then herself for good measure. As Jackie is helped to bed, Jack hallucinates. First comes his sister Rosemary, made mad by a lobotomy, who accompanies him on a trip to the Moon’s Sea of Serenity, where they bump into a drunken, antagonistic Nikita Khrushchev and the Red Army Choir. Then Jack meets the younger Jackie for a deliberately slushy love duet."

[shaking head] Ugghh....

‘JFK’ Envisions an Operatic Ending for Camelot

The New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/17/arts/music/jfk-envisionsan-operatic-ending-forcamelot.html

[Reading this review ruined my day.]

I believe it was Ayn Rand who described art as the "selective recreation of reality" in accordance with the values of the artist. From the NY Times description, this is such total garbage one has to wonder where these people were during the days, months, years and decades following President Kennedy's murder. Or what kind of "Virtual reality" goggles they were wearing as they studied the past. The fanciful reality which they present (and in which they seem to be living) bears no reasonable relationship to the true character of Jack Kennedy, his true role in history, or the historical significance of his death.

Shame on them.

DSL

Hello Mr. Lifton,

Apologies to Douglas Caddy for the OT, and to you for being a pest - but I have run out of possible sources...

Did you receive my request sent on the 3rd of this month, re Wallace Milam's interview of Margaret Henchliffe?

Thanks,

Tom

Here we go again. Nurse Henchliffe testifies that the wound in the neck is one of entrance. Then Specter does another one of those "conferring with the person testifying behind closed doors" deals, returns with some lawyer speak and gets her to fudge and say it could be an exit wound.

This sure was an "honest, vigorous pursuit of the truth."

This is just the latest in an ongoing campaign- a relentless onslaught against the characters of those, like JFK and RFK, who were threats to the corrupt oligarchy that started really taking control on November 22, 1963.

The mainstream media treats no other president as disrespectfully as John F. Kennedy, not even Nixon. I've recognized this for years, from the beginning of the Judith Campbell Exner nonsense, and how it was so unquestioningly accepted by the same "journalists" who refused to investigate JFK's assassination. When Jim DiEugenio wrote "The Posthumous Assassination of JFK," he was going against establishment history and the "scholarly" consensus. I tried to build on that in "Hidden History."

The more I research historical figures, the more impressed I am with JFK, RFK and the Kennedy family in general. Being slandered by today's mainstream media and decaying culture is like receiving a badge of honor.