The Education Forum

Raw television footage of Oswald's murder

DVP - Then why even bring up the subject of Fritz' activity in the basement at all? What useful purpose is served by mentioning it? We all know the DPD blew it (big time) by letting their prisoner get shot in the gut with 70 of their armed officers right there nearby. So that's not exactly "bombshell news".

I was being sarcastic throughout this thread. Probably not a good idea to do that with the subject matter we discuss here, but here's a (pretty big) hint of the sarcasm:

Yes, David Andrews, more interesting events and observations. But it's all just one big coincidence and can be chalked up to sheer happenstance. ;-)

Edited by Michael Walton

• 3 weeks later...

Two Dallas detectives who I have focused on in my research are Louis Miller and William Harrison. In my original posting here on the Education forum I incorrectly placed Miller as being present at Oswald's final interrogation before being brought down for the ill-fated transfer. After re-reading Miller's Warren Commission testimony I was able to precisely locate him thanks to both clips provided in this thread.

DPDBasement.png

Throughout the clips Miller remains exactly where he placed/positioned himself in the basement that morning. His attention remains for the most part on his partner Harrison, who he had had breakfast with earlier that morning at the Deluxe Diner. Likewise, Harrison, although more active at the scene, also pays particular attention to Miller.

During Harrison's Warren Commission testimony he stated that he could not recall looking towards the Main St. ramp after Lt. Pierce's vehicle had exited, (approximately the time Ruby would have been traversing the ramp towards him). This is incorrect. In fact, during the clip from which the above still is taken, Harrison glances up the Main street ramp several times after Pierce's car exits, and takes a long look followed by a double-take before turning away just prior to Ruby appearing in the film.

Here is the position of all three persons just prior to Oswald emerging from the doorway to Miller's left.

DPDBasement2.png

During Miller's Warren Commission testimony he stated that his initial reaction to the shooting was to place Ruby in a headlock. This is also incorrect. What he does, and I find this quite strange, is that rather than coming to the immediate assistance of his partner Harrison and the other officers attempting to subdue Ruby, he approaches Oswald and observes his condition first.

DPDBasement3.png

Watching the clip further, Miller then turns to his left and places his right hand on Harrison's back as the struggle continues.

Just some food for thought. My thanks to Douglas Caddy and DVP for supplying the footage.

Regards to all,

Craig C.

Edited by Craig Carvalho