The Education Forum

The JFK Assasination in History Textbooks

Paul Bleau has written a series on this subject. Which does not get enough attention.

http://www.ctka.net/2016/PaulBleau1.html

The most fascinating part is the replies he got from the authors. These are priceless in my view. Because it shows just how little historical research the historians did.

Paul then goes on to show how this is a violation of their professional code.

The authors replied in a query that Paul sent them, and the sources they used for the textbooks was really shocking.

The major sources they relied upon to educate young men and women about the Kennedy assassination were:

Gerald Posner, Case Closed

Philip Shenon, A Cruel and Shocking Act

Vincent Bugliosi, Reclaiming History

In other words, they just reposted what the MSM wanted the public to hear. In other words, its like the ARRB did not exist to these authors. All those fascinating discoveries, the witness testimony, the declassified documents about JFK and Vietnam, down the sinkhole, as far as these authors went.

Edited by James DiEugenio

One of the things that is surprising about that is that you would think the professionals would either use primary sources - such as the HSCA report - or even Blakey for that matter - or make some use of materials people with credentials

such as as John Newman and others. Since when did we start teaching history off the New York Times best seller list? I suppose we can only be thankful Bill O'Reiley was not on that list...

Over the weekend, my wife wife and I went to look at an exhibit in the library of a private university in the metro Denver area. As we were leaving, walking past the stacks, she pointed out some books about Kennedy and such, knowing my interests.

As I looked around the section, I saw the obligatory books on JFK and LBJ. The only books related to the assassination were Case Closed and Reclaiming History. I was not surprised at all. Talk about one sided.

This doesn't surprise me at all, as it supports what I discovered in my study of the 50th anniversary coverage. Very few of those in a position to express skepticism about the WC's findings are willing to do so, in large part because they "think" Posner and Bugliosi answered all the questions that needed to be answered.