The Education Forum

Valentin Balutoiu

I graduated from the University of Bucharest, the History Department in 1991. In 1993 I completed the course in Political Sciences. I am the author or co-author of five textbooks for secondary and vocational education. I have published a few articles on using the computer in the history lesson in the "Studies and Articles of History" magazine (Studii si articole de istorie, SAI), edited by the Romanian Society of Historical Sciences. "Un exemplu de utilizare a calculatorului la ora de istorie" ("An example of how to use the computer during the History lesson"), SAI, LXVI, Bucharest, 2001, pag. 67-78. "Utilizarea calculatorului la orele de istorie"("Using the computer during History lessons"), SAI, Bucharest 2003, pag. 87-106."Predarea interdisciplinara a istoriei folosind calculatorul" ("The cross cultural” (It is very difficult to translate in English)teaching of History using the Computer"), SAI, Bucharest, 2004, pages 63-80.

In 2003 I participated in the National Research Papers Session of Teachers and I was awarded the Prize for Promoting the Information Technology in History with a paper on "Means of Using the Presentation Software and the Computer in Teaching History".

At present, I am a teacher History at the National College "Carol I", Craiova, one of the most famous high schools in Romania, founded in 1826, from which about 50 members of Romanian Academy graduated.