The Education Forum

Announcement today from Judyth Baker

Douglas - I'm disappointed.

I realize I've been harsh recently. I'm just really sick of the crap. Judyth deserves no respect, and my point about her impressive line up is not whether all of them are full of bs, but whether they think participating in an event put on by an obvious fraud is in any way effective. Of course it is not, in the short or long term.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, Jim (and everyone):

I can only speak for myself (well, alright- I'll speak for William Law, too LOL): I am a two-time (soon to be three-time) Trine Day author. I was invited to speak via my publisher and I said yes. It is an opportunity for my wife and I to go to Dallas and make a presentation, too. I haven't done any conferences in-person (other than local stuff and two Skype offerings) since 1991-1997.

Having said that, I chuckle to myself whenever I am invited by an organization of any kind, as THIS always happens:

I was invited to speak at COPA in 1995 and 1996 in Washington and, both times, I received flack from researchers before, during [some people who showed up uninvited like Harry Livingstone], and after saying, in effect, "Vince, why are you dealing with these people?!?!? They are trying to co-opt and take over the case. So and so is evil" etc. etc. etc.;

I was invited to speak at Lancer in 1997 in Dallas and I received flack from researchers before, during [COPA people and others in the plaza], and after saying, in effect, "Vince, why oh why would you speak there?!?!?!? They are trying to monopolize the research community. I don't trust" so and so, etc. etc. etc.

I was invited to speak at the Dallas 2016 conference for Trine Day and...I think you know where this is heading. :)

I think ALL speakers at all conferences should carry (next to their name tag) a sign that reads "I do not necessarily espouse or endorse the views of ______."

Sorry Vince. Based on my experiences with Judyth I have to draw the line on anyone who chooses to be willingly involved with promoting her. You know the drill -- if you ever confront her she will turn on you and try to slander you.

Linda Minor is a close friend and I think her support of Judyth comes from her admiration for the work of Kris Millegan of TrineDay publishers, who is Judyth's chief sponsor. There a few persons more talented and credible that Linda Minor in her ongoing research into major topics, including the JFK assassination.

Although I shall not be speaking at Judyth's JFK Assassination convention in November because she withdrew my invitation after having extended it to me, she has assembled a number of outstanding speakers. It would be unrealistic to maintain that these speakers will lose their credibility and prestige because they are participating in the convention. They will be presenting their views and opinions independent of those expressed by Judyth.

http://quixoticjoust.blogspot.com/

http://wherethegoldis.blogspot.com/

Unfortunately, based on my own experiences with Judyth, where I chose to keep and open mind on what she had to say until her (authorized) book came out, and when I confronted Judyth found myself slandered. I have to draw the line at finding anyone credible who would be comfortable doing anything at a public level that promotes her alternative reality. I am disappointed. I would hope that others might have learned from my experience.

Douglas - I'm disappointed.

I realize I've been harsh recently. I'm just really sick of the crap. Judyth deserves no respect, and my point about her impressive line up is not whether all of them are full of bs, but whether they think participating in an event put on by an obvious fraud is in any way effective. Of course it is not, in the short or long term.

Judyth may just hound these people for the rest of their lives, making false claims about how they 'helped' her, whether or not they actually agree with her alternate reality. She will just use them as she has used countless decent researchers in the past, such as Martin Shakleford. :-0

PB: I also recall that it was Ed Haslam who managed to bring Judyth to the attention of 60 Minutes. How he ever had enough clout to do that with such an eccentric book (which I used to happen to like) I do not know. Don Hewitt was the producer who almost put Judyth on 60 Minutes. Judyth said he claimed "we had the door shut in our faces." That may have been after they gave Judyth a psych eval. I don't recall the details. But it is all a sorry mess anyhow....

​It was Carol Hewett, the Florida attorney, who did an investigation for CBS on JVB. Carol was one of the best JFK researchers to emerge after Oliver Stone's movie came out. She came to the conclusion that Baker's story was not credible. So CBS decided not to go with her. Carol has since retired from the field.

Thanks for recalling this. Carol's work in deconstructing Judyth's false universe brought a return to sanity to 60 Minutes. I can't imagine what would have happened to that program had they fallen for Judyth and Ed's story. I would still like to know how Haslam ever got his foot in the door of 60 Minutes in the first place.

When I was involved with Judyth she continually complained that I 'didn't ask her any questions'. That was false. I asked her only a handful of questions, and none of them as a 'believer'. And the questions I asked her seemed to be the ones she didn't want to answer. At the top of the list was why she did not run to Jim Garrison when his investigation broke in the press to tell him of her story. I don't know of anyone more focused on demonstrating Lee Oswald's innocence than Garrison. Judyth made excuses, such as saying that "Jack Ruby told her to be a 'vanilla girl' and stay under the radar or she too would be killed". Although this didn't make sense to me at the time, I can see in hindsight that Judyth was probably just biding her time until Haslam had sufficiently poisoned the well, to make her 'entrance' at a time that would be the most favorable to her obtaining fame and money -- as the counterfeit Marina. :-0

Edited by Pamela Brown

Pamela,

I totally respect what you are saying and I definitely "hear ya", if you catch my drift. Keep in mind a crucial distinction: I am a TRINE DAY author (like speakers William Law and others) and this is a TRINE DAY conference, at least in my view. As with EVERY conference I have ever appeared at, I never espouse or endorse anyone else. Every conference I have ever been at have included whackadoos and silly presentations. Now, if this was a KKK conference, I could agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment.

Like I said above, contemporary e-mails and conversations I had at the time of my previous Lancer and COPA conference appearances also included the same "warnings" from others: "Vince, how could you?? John Judge and his C.O.P.A. are trying to corrupt and take over the case. Sorry to say, you will be looked at by some with ill regard."; "Lancer is an evil organization, Vince- how could you align yourself with these people?" And this was all circa 1995-1997.

I work alone; always have. In fact, I haven't been to a conference (as a speaker) SINCE those halcyon days of the late 1990's. And, to be honest, there IS no community to insult or offend these days--just a smattering of people with different views. Other than on here, I haven't received one message (e-mail, Facebook, etc.) of warning or ill will regarding my upcoming presentation. People use their own minds and judgment to weigh and consider ideas, issues, loyalties, etc. In fact, since Kris and Judyth have massively advertised the upcoming November conference in Dallas [i am not going to the October New Orleans conference], I have received nothing BUT praise and congrats, including from people very wary of Judyth. Again, I am a TRINE DAY author and this is a TRINE DAY conference.

Loyalty oaths need not apply.

Edited by Vince Palamara

Pamela,

I totally respect what you are saying and I definitely "hear ya", if you catch my drift. Keep in mind a crucial distinction: I am a TRINE DAY author (like speakers William Law and others) and this is a TRINE DAY conference, at least in my view. As with EVERY conference I have ever appeared at, I never espouse or endorse anyone else. Every conference I have ever been at have included whackadoos and silly presentations. Now, if this was a KKK conference, I could agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment.

Like I said above, contemporary e-mails and conversations I had at the time of my previous Lancer and COPA conference appearances also included the same "warnings" from others: "Vince, how could you?? John Judge and his C.O.P.A. are trying to corrupt and take over the case. Sorry to say, you will be looked at by some with ill regard."; "Lancer is an evil organization, Vince- how could you align yourself with these people?" And this was all circa 1995-1997.

I work alone; always have. In fact, I haven't been to a conference (as a speaker) SINCE those halcyon days of the late 1990's. And, to be honest, there IS no community to insult or offend these days--just a smattering of people with different views. Other than on here, I haven't received one message (e-mail, Facebook, etc.) of warning or ill will regarding my upcoming presentation. People use their own minds and judgment to weigh and consider ideas, issues, loyalties, etc. In fact, since Kris and Judyth have massively advertised the upcoming November conference in Dallas [i am not going to the October New Orleans conference], I have received nothing BUT praise and congrats, including from people very wary of Judyth. Again, I am a TRINE DAY author and this is a TRINE DAY conference.

Loyalty oaths need not apply.

I acknowledge that you are published also with Trine Day, Vince, and I appreciate all the great work you have done. I also recall that you were published in Fetzer's books and have had a connection to him, so I do think you may probably be more comfortable with this situation than most and have rolled with it for quite a while.Just keep in mind that no matter what you really believe, if you get involved with Judyth at a public level she may claim that you *believe* her, and if you confront her she may well attack you. This is just one of her tricks. She might say something like, "Why on earth would so-and-so want to present at my conference if they don't believe me? " I wish you the very best in negotiating your way through her maze...

And one more brief point -- I think Fetzer pushed Judyth to get me involved with her in order to try to discredit me and my limo research, which he had attacked viciously. Even though I explained to everyone that I was simply keeping an open mind on what Judyth had to say, before long people crawled out of the woodwork insisting that I 'believed' her, which was not true. McAdams and Barb J went at me on aaj and that at times extended even to this board as well, so I am tempted to think this might even have been something of a coordinated initiative. (Gary Mack also dropped me from working on the TV shows he was involved with.) Hopefully you will be spared what I went through. :-0

Edited by Pamela Brown

Thanks, Pamela. I most definitely appreciate your comments, trust me. Whether a cop out or not, I (also) look at it this way: you can't impress everyone all the time, so why bother LOL? I can literally think of at least one thing I could hold against each and every speaker at this conference, as well as past conferences (i.e. "He believes such and such and that is not credible"). For one, Roger Stone is a speaker and I have 0.0 in common with him, politically speaking, yet someone could very easily say "Vince- you are a Democrat. WHY would you associate yourself with him?"

I will say this: I am totally my own person. No one controls me or could even hope to use me as an endorsement "voucher". Judyth could bow out of the conference OR disinvite me and I would be fine. Again, I work alone and just go with the flow.

THE BOTTOM LINE: Realistically, there are really only TWO publishers left for pro-conspiracy books- Skyhorse and TRINE DAY. I am a TRINE DAY author. This is a TRINE DAY conference. Our options are limited all these years later; we don't have Simon and Schuster to advance us thousands of dollars and place us on NBC, Fox, etc. That said, I am proud to be a three-time TRINE DAY author. In keeping with the Judyth theme, I am sure other TRINE DAY authors have their private feelings and beliefs and ALSO do not agree with OTHER TRINE DAY authors; such is life.

Ponder this irony- Jim Douglass' book is published by the same outfit that publishes the Blaine and Hill propaganda. Go figure...and I KNOW Jim does NOT endorse their work! :)

Hi, Paul. Yuk--I have gone that route before. No one cares and no one reads them. I have reached infinitely more people with an actual publisher. Your books actually get into bookstores, in kindle, some publicity, etc. Create Space and all those outlets (pay to play) aren't for me. I could never call myself an author because the only reason I WAS an author was because I paid to be one; definitely not as rewarding (and I don't mean financially, either). Besides, the point is moot- my third book comes out in a few months.

Edited by Vince Palamara

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Pamela. I most definitely appreciate your comments, trust me. Whether a cop out or not, I (also) look at it this way: you can't impress everyone all the time, so why bother LOL? I can literally think of at least one thing I could hold against each and every speaker at this conference, as well as past conferences (i.e. "He believes such and such and that is not credible"). For one, Roger Stone is a speaker and I have 0.0 in common with him, politically speaking, yet someone could very easily say "Vince- you are a Democrat. WHY would you associate yourself with him?"

I will say this: I am totally my own person. No one controls me or could even hope to use me as an endorsement "voucher". Judyth could bow out of the conference OR disinvite me and I would be fine. Again, I work alone and just go with the flow.

THE BOTTOM LINE: Realistically, there are really only TWO publishers left for pro-conspiracy books- Skyhorse and TRINE DAY. I am a TRINE DAY author. This is a TRINE DAY conference. Our options are limited all these years later; we don't have Simon and Schuster to advance us thousands of dollars and place us on NBC, Fox, etc. That said, I am proud to be a three-time TRINE DAY author. In keeping with the Judyth theme, I am sure other TRINE DAY authors have their private feelings and beliefs and ALSO do not agree with OTHER TRINE DAY authors; such is life.

Ponder this irony- Jim Douglass' book is published by the same outfit that publishes the Blaine and Hill propaganda. Go figure...and I KNOW Jim does NOT endorse their work! :)

As always, I wish you the best of luck. I certainly agree that you have managed to work your way around some significant potholes, such as the Weldon witness, and I have no doubt you will be able to sift out the wheat from the chaff in whatever Judyth throws at you.