The Education Forum

Picture of Ted Cruz's father and Oswald having breakfast

Don't misinterpret me, Cliff. I'm not impressed with either candidate. I'm halfway expecting the CIA will enter their man into the race as a 3rd party. That should prove interesting.

Brad Milch

Brad: Killary IS "their CIA man". We are totally screwed regardless who wins. (If we could afford to retire we'd move to our beloved Costa Rica)

Dawn

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Dawn:

I agree. I'd ask if I could go with you, but I can't speak Spanish (I'm pretty handy at catching ocean crabs (lol).

It's difficult for me to find a reason to be passionate about this Presidential election. I constantly ask myself, 'What would Moses do?' I keep getting the same answer: 'He would have slung the tablets at the people below long before he descended to the bottom of the mountain' (lol).

Best to you always, Dawn

I'm probably your website's #1, most faithful silent lurker.

Brad Milch

Dawn,

I note your interest in Bible prophecy. Is there anything in the Book of Revelation about the Antichrist having weird hair?

Hi, Dawn:

I agree. I'd ask if I could go with you, but I can't speak Spanish (I'm pretty handy at catching ocean crabs (lol).

It's difficult for me to find a reason to be passionate about this Presidential election. I constantly ask myself, 'What would Moses do?' I keep getting the same answer: 'He would have slung the tablets at the people below long before he descended to the bottom of the mountain' (lol).

Best to you always, Dawn

I'm probably your website's #1, most faithful silent lurker.

Brad Milch

Brad: I can't speak Spanish either -no affinity for any language- but my husband does well. We have been going to CR every winter since 2009. We got a timeshare there and continue to love our short winter break. Alas...

I was a Bernie supporter in the election, somewhat cautiously given that he also voted for the Iraq war. Every election cycle it worsens. I fear for our grandchildren, if there is still a planet left when they are fully grown.

You lurk at DPF? Have you joined? (Sorry if I don't remember, my terrible insomnia kicked in about 3:30 this am so my brain is spinning. )

Dawn

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/us/politics/paul-manafort-ukraine-donald-trump.html

Paul Manafort is heading towards being a target of a grand jury investigation. Can his business partners, Roger Stone and Charles Black, avoid being called as witnesses before the grand jury in such an inquiry? After the election maybe even Donald Trump will be called as a witness.

Thanks, David. Is that an FBI document?

Yes. It's their more detailed recap of the Aug arrest.

Commission Document 75 - FBI DeBrueys Report of 02 Dec 1963 re: Oswald/Russia

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10477&search=cruz#relPageId=388&tab=page

(Note: Go to MFF and Search for MIGUEL MARIANO CRUZ... only a handful of reports copied and placed in numerous locations)

Edited by David Josephs

Thanks, David.

Back to Trump, I get the impression that Senator Harry Reid doesn't like him. Reid is a Democrat, of course, but wow. This is pretty mean.

http://www.reid.senate.gov/press_releases/2016-08-15-reid-calls-on-trump-to-take-naturalization-test-in-response-to-trump-proposing-new-tests-for-immigrants#.V7IYSZgrKM-

Summary from coasttocoastam website of last night's program on how elections are being fixed:

Date: Monday - August 15, 2016
Host: George Noory
Guests: Bev Harris

Founder of Black Box Voting a nonpartisan, nonprofit investigative reporting and public education organization for elections, Bev Harris, has become known for her work researching the truth behind electronic voting machines. She began the first half by telling George that there is an established tradition of election tampering in the United States and that "we now have the ability to scale it up," meaning that instead of stuffing ballot boxes with fake votes, elections can now be changed with a few keystrokes. She continued by pointing out that there are three voting machine companies in the U.S. and that the media steers attention away from the most high-risk machines, which are referred to as "central tabulators." According to Harris, votes can be changed in seconds, swaying thousands and perhaps millions of votes with a "vote adjustment screen" built into the software.

Harris lamented the decline of oversight in elections and believes that our system is only about 5% reliable. She believes that things have "gotten much worse in the last 10 years" and pointed to the systematic elimination of any oversight or ways to check original votes cast, such as erasing images of all original paper ballots that many vote counting machines used to tabulate. Harris’ phone connection cut out multiple times during the program. She commented that "weird things happen to both of my phones during elections." Harris thinks that presidential elections by popular vote would be much more difficult to hack and supports the elimination of the electoral college for this reason. In spite of the potential for tampering, Harris concluded that we should "be out there voting because otherwise we have just given up."

Douglas, I listened to last night's show also.

That 5% figure is something isn't it?

Yes, her phone line cut off several times ( without her doing anything on her end like accidentally pressing a button or dropping her phone ) which doesn't happen very often on C2C.

When Ms. Harris was asked by George Noory if she thought the Florida vote count in 2000 was rigged and should have gone for Gore, she agreed that it was and that a large number of those 50,000 voters who were disallowed were later found to be eligible.

Together with the U.S. Supreme Court ( by that typical Republican favoring 5 to 4 vote count ) shutting down the Florida vote count ( unprecendented ) despite a "unanimous" Florida state Supreme Court ruling to continue it, Gore didn't have a chance

She mentioned the vote count fraud in Ohio in 2004 also.

8 years of George W. Bush ... and it was all possible by fraud.

What a sad state of our democracy

Yes, there was vote rigging in 1960 in Chicago and West Virginia too.

I am in no way endorsing the views put forth by Roger Stone below. Although it is still August Trump is already signaling that he understands he will be defeated handily in November. His strategy, rather than to admit he will be defeated, is to inaugurate now a strategy to destabilize the country after the election.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/291534-can-the-2016-election-be-rigged-you-bet

Correction to my previous post.

The Florida Supreme Court decision to continue the vote count in 2000 was decided on a 4 to 3 margin.

The mention of 1960 is not a valid comparison.

The West Virginia stuff is largely based upon the likes of Judith Exner and Sy Hersh. 'Nuff said.

The stuff about Illinois is also equivocal because Nixon had an opportunity to challenge the Chicago results and he did not. Most people think what would have happened is that whatever Daley gave Kennedy in Chicago, would have been negated by what the GOP stole in southern Illinois.

Ever since 2000, this problem has gotten much more sophisticated and technical and widespread. In my view, from what I have seen, the GOP stole two national elections, in 2000 and 2004. And the Supreme Court and the MSM validated them both. If any kind of real investigation had been performed, several people would have gone to jail for fraud. The best writing I have seen on this is by Greg Palast, in The Best Democracy Money Can Buy and John Nichols in Jews for Buchanan. For the life of me I don't know why the Florida AG, who was a Democrat, did not open up a criminal investigation. The evidence merited such a proceeding. There was clearly a plan in place for at least a year to deprive certain minority groups of their civil rights.

Edited by James DiEugenio

This is a budding scandal that eventually will draw in a number of well-known political figures. The FBI and IRS are deep into the case.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/08/17/trump_campaign_chair_paul_manafort_s_pro_russia_work_is_probed_in_two_bombshell.html