The Education Forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ramon's model were finished, I could use it to help solve some mysteries I've been trying to figure out. Once solved, I could use it to demonstrate what I'd discovered by allowing people visualize it themselves as if they were standing right there in Dealey Plaza.

I could even put a little model of Cliff Varnell in there, protesting that the only thing the observers needed to know was the location of the bullet hole in the jacket, and that Sandy's demonstration was serving just to obfuscate that fact.

Sandy:

Let me mention one of the potential sub-projects. This has a huge advantage: both CTs and LNs should support it. Doctor Cyril Wecht and his son Benjamin have been informed, they called me and asked me to keep them posted. The plan is to project the 2 famous X-ray images (A/P and Lateral) onto a 3D model which would be donated to the National Archives. Yes, I realize that it is politically touchy.

See details here:

Isometric to 3D Projection

https://goo.gl/cZ7Axr

Bringing the images to the 21st. century. Who can possibly be against that!?

Incidentally, doctor Wecht and others leaders recently founded C.A.P.A. Their next project is to have an interview with David Ferriero, the Archivist of the United States. I was invited to be a technical advisor. Therefore, doctor Wecht is sort of my boss. :-)

https://www.google.com/#q=archivist+of+the+united+states

-RFH

ps: http://jfkfacts.org/citizens-political-assassinations/

http://capa-hq.com/

Ramon,

Constructing a 3D model of the skull sounds like an apropos start. I hope the model indicates there is a piece of metal exterior to the skull. (I've read that the the x-rays show this, but I haven't confirmed it.)

Another project that would be useful would be constructing a 3D model of the corpse, particularly the upper body area. I'm confident that it would show the throat wound to be below the collar line, behind the knot of JFK's necktie. This alone would be an easy-to-understand proof that the SBT is wrong. Since the SBT would require a bullet hole right through the tie, and there is none

Cliff, if you read this, I know you'll be saying that there is no need to disprove the SBT theory, that it's already been done. Well, while you and and I know that, many people don't. Disproving the SBT is only half the battle. The other half is convincing the public that it's been done. Right here is an example of why a second proof is a good thing. It's a good thing because this proof is easy for people to understand.

Dr. Wecht supports the SBT.

Since when has Dr. Wecht supported the SBT?

The Big Prevarication starts after the two minute mark.

Cliff,

Dr. Wecht isn't saying the SBT is correct. He's saying that the bullet that hit JFK's back exited the throat. Those are not equivalent things..

He probably is assuming that the autopsy photo of the back correctly portrays the location of the back wound.

As for why he doesn't take into account the locations of the holes in the jacket and shirt is a mystery. Maybe he doesn't read CT books. Someone needs to ask him how he explains the discrepancy between the hole in the shirt and the hole in the back as seen in the photo.

Here's something that I find confusing. He seems to take the autopsy x-rays and photos at face value. But he also believes in the frontal shot and what the Parkland doctors said. In other words the gaping hole in the back. Well if that is the case, then he must realize that the back-of-head autopsy photo is fake. Yet this contradicts with his apparent belief that the autopsy photos are real.

After all these decades you'd think that Cyril Wecht would know more than what he knows. Of course the back wound bullet didn't exit through the throat wound. And Dr. Wecht should know it

Dr. Wecht supports the SBT.

Since when has Dr. Wecht supported the SBT?

The Big Prevarication starts after the two minute mark.

Cliff,

Dr. Wecht isn't saying the SBT is correct. He's saying that the bullet that hit JFK's back exited the throat. Those are not equivalent things..

He probably is assuming that the autopsy photo of the back correctly portrays the location of the back wound.

As for why he doesn't take into account the locations of the holes in the jacket and shirt is a mystery. Maybe he doesn't read CT books. Someone needs to ask him how he explains the discrepancy between the hole in the shirt and the hole in the back as seen in the photo.

Here's something that I find confusing. He seems to take the autopsy x-rays and photos at face value. But he also believes in the frontal shot and what the Parkland doctors said. In other words the gaping hole in the back. Well if that is the case, then he must realize that the back-of-head autopsy photo is fake. Yet this contradicts with his apparent belief that the autopsy photos are real.

After all these decades you'd think that Cyril Wecht would know more than what he knows. Of course the back wound bullet didn't exit through the throat wound. And Dr. Wecht should know it

It's a variation on the SBT: claiming that a single bullet caused JFK's back and throat wounds.

Charles Barkley once said of basketball beat writers -- "The more they watch the game the less they understand it."

I think it's true of Big Name JFK assassination researchers, as well.

The more they study the case the less they understand it.

Ramon,

Constructing a 3D model of the skull sounds like an apropos start. I hope the model indicates there is a piece of metal exterior to the skull. (I've read that the the x-rays show this, but I haven't confirmed it.)

Another project that would be useful would be constructing a 3D model of the corpse, particularly the upper body area..

Sandy,

I hurry to clarify the following. Notice how I wrote "This has a huge advantage: both CTs and LNs should support it.". It would be a task done by computers, which obviously have no opinion or position in the CT vs. LN unending debate.

See this mechanical part:

Isometric-Views.png

It has:

- A/P (Anterior/Posterior) View

- Lateral View

- Top View <--- This one is missing in the JFK case.

That is how 3D CT (Computed Tomography) images are built. You simply feed 3 files into the computer and voila! soon you have something like this:

Slicer-Express.png

Which you can rotate, zoom in/out and all that fun stuff. You can even wear one of those newfangled contraptions (Oculus Rift) and "walk" inside the brain.

Slices-Rotating.png

As you can imagine, in 1963 they could not make the top view. Well, they could, but they would have to decapitate the cadaver. Therefore, with only 2 files the task is not impossible, but it is harder. Fancy algorithms must be developed by the researchers. The great news is that they tell me that they can do it, in principle. Heck, even a non-optimal projection constitutes a substantial improvement over what we have now!

Bottom line: We cannot add or remove anything, it is a highly neutral, objective task. Hence:

( a ) The LN community should be as enthusiastic as the CT to support this project.

( b ) The National Archives should have no problem accepting our donation.

I will ask doctor Wecht whether any of his peers in the HSCA Forensic Pathology Panel are still around. They should be the ones to sign the donation.

-Ramon

Edited by Ramon F. Herrera