The Education Forum

How Did They Get Roscoe White To Lean Like That And Not Fall Over?

I'll put a few of these all in one place, and I'm only including the anagrams that pertain to the topic under discussion. Using various techniques, ICO appears to have told the important aspects of the assassination from their point of view, and they chose to tell their story with decodable anagram puzzles - damn it! This post is a work in progress.

LEE HARVEY OSWALD” anagrams to:

(1) “L HEAD OVERLAY WES”

(2) “WESLEY HAVE A L ROD”

(3) “HO, WES, A LEVEL YARD”

(4) “O, A VERY ‘SWELL’ HEAD”

(5) “A HELLOVA SEEDY R.W.” (RW = Roscoe White)

(6) “RW: EH DEALEY SALVO” (EH = Edgar Hoover)

(7) “LHO SWAY REVEALED”

(8) “RW SOLE, HEAVY LEAD”

214 WEST NEELY STREET” anagrams to:

(1) “LEE TEETERS N-WEST. BY C”

(2) “WESLEY BEST TEETER. CN”

(3) “1944 WESLEY CENTER. 18-BT”

(4) “SECRET TEEN: B WESLEY - 19”

(5) “L EYE TEST: CENTER B WES”

RICHARD CASE NAGELL” anagrams to:

(1) "C RIG L LEAN CHARADE"

(2) “CIA L’S LARGE HEAD. RCN”

(3) “LAD, LARGE CHIN. R. CASE”

(4) “R CASE AD: L, LARGE CHIN”

(5) "R, A LARGE-SCALED CHIN"

(6) “RE: H’S RADICAL ANGLE. C”

[“ROMAN” anagrams to “A RN MO”]

"ROSCOE WHITE" anagrams to:

(1) "SWITCHEROO '4'" (there are 4 versions of the BYP)

(2) “i.e. WES COHORT”

(3) “WES, OTHER ICO”

(4) “WE RE-SHOT. ICO”

(5) “HOW ESOTERIC”

(6) “IS TOWER ECHO”

MANNLICHER-CARCANO” anagrams to:

(1) “CN RAN A ROMAN CLICHE”

THE MILITANT, THE WORKER

(1) “WHITE, THE K/L TERMINATOR”

(2) “ROMAN LETTER: WHITE HIT K”

(3) “K ROMAN, WHITE THE TILTER”

(4) “HINT: METALWORK HERE”

(5) “WHITE, THE ROMAN TILTER. 10”

[Historic Diary puzzle #10 is “how easy to die”, anagram: “WHITE AD: SOOEY”]

THE LEANING TOWER OF PISA” anagrams to:

(1) “OF NOTE, R WHITE PISA ANGLE”

(2) “NOTE R WHITE ANGLE OF PISA”

IMPERIAL REFLEX” anagrams to:

(1) “411 FIREARM, 411 PIX”

(2) “PIX LIE, RE-FRAME L”

(3) “A L ELM FERRIE PIX”

(4) “411 ELM PIX ARE RF. I”

(5) “RE: LEE MAIL RF PIX”

(6) “A MR LEE RIFLE PIX”

IGOR VLADIMIRS VAGANOV” anagrams to:

(1) “IVV, A ROMAN ADVISOR GIG”

Tom

Letter/Number translation device:

(A=0)(B=1)(C=2)(D=3)(E=4)(F=5)(G=6)(H=7)(I=8)(J=9)(K=10)(L=11)(M=12)(N=13)(O=14)(P=15)(Q=16)(R=17)(S=18)(T=19)(U=20)(V=21)(W=22)(X=23)(Y=24)(Z=25)

Edited by Tom Hume

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am posting again the reconstruction of Prayer Man' s figure which also appeared in Prayer Man thread. The man's posture fits well with Prayer Man' in Darnell; I would like to show this part of work when complete, which entails realistic clothing and face, and fitting all the doorway occupants there.

backyard_pm.jpg?w=803

I'm getting seasick studying the BYP tilted so far to the right. What's you flavour-of-the-week explanation today for everything tilting to the right, Andrej? C'mon, dazzle me with some scientific jargon.

By the way, Andrej shared a rare photo of Oswald on Magazine Street in NOLA -- and just see how SKINNY Oswald is there. Nothing like the muscular guy on that left-side photo which many (including myself) claim does not resemble Oswald enough.

Are you referring to the guy on the left, below, Paul? If so, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. I haven't seen anyone else who says it doesn't look like Oswald.

To Adrej's credit, he did come up with a photo of the real Oswald standing with the same stance as in the BYPs. (Post 68.)

LHO.png

I am posting again the reconstruction of Prayer Man' s figure which also appeared in Prayer Man thread. The man's posture fits well with Prayer Man' in Darnell; I would like to show this part of work when complete, which entails realistic clothing and face, and fitting all the doorway occupants there.

backyard_pm.jpg?w=803

I'm getting seasick studying the BYP tilted so far to the right. What's you flavour-of-the-week explanation today for everything tilting to the right, Andrej? C'mon, dazzle me with some scientific jargon.

Robert:

the comparison of Prayer Man's stance with that of the man in backyard photograph did not require any big science. The fact that the backyard picture is tilted by 1.9 degree does not prevent seeing that the hands are in very similar positions in both men, and that the right foot holds the body weight. I posted this one only to have all cases in which Oswald showed this peculiar habit on one place. As Paul wrote in a previous post, many people use to stand like this. So, it is not much, however, it aroused my interest, and it seems that quite a number of people are interested in the man's stance for various reasons. Let us see where it will lead.

ctka_18marinajuneno2.jpg?w=803

Are we sure this is Oswald? Doesn't this person have long hair in pigtails?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that the muscular guy on the left-side photo doesn't look like Oswald.

I'm very interested in this new photo by Andrej -- which is purportedly Oswald in New Orleans at Magazine Street.

I interviewed Ruth Paine last year, and somebody here bid me to ask her if she took any photographs when she visited Magazine Street in New Orleans when she briefly visited and hauled Marina Oswald and baby Ruth back to Irving, Texas. I had no idea why he wanted to know -- because I myself never saw such a photograph. He must have been talking about this one. So, I'm glad to see it. Ruth said she took no photographs of any kind while she was there.

(I also agree with you, Sandy -- how can we be sure this was Oswald, when his face is obscured?)

Now, that raises the question -- WHO took this photograph of a skinny Oswald playing with baby June? Probably Marina. So, my first question is -- do we know that this was the same Imperial Reflex camera that Marina had used to snap that single shot of Oswald dressed in all-black? .

I mean, look at the poor quality of photograph. You can hardly see Oswald's hair. That's one of the key problems of the BYP -- the pitiful film and camera.

Now -- as for Oswald being skinny -- and not the muscular guy in the left-side photo -- we only need to read the autopsy report from Parkland Hospital about Oswald -- they reported that he was skinny, and that "his muscles were wiry."

That sounds like the photo that Andrej kindly shared with us -- and not the muscular guy on the left-side.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

backyard_pm.jpg?w=803

Robert:

the comparison of Prayer Man's stance with that of the man in backyard photograph did not require any big science. The fact that the backyard picture is tilted by 1.9 degree does not prevent seeing that the hands are in very similar positions in both men, and that the right foot holds the body weight. I posted this one only to have all cases in which Oswald showed this peculiar habit on one place. As Paul wrote in a previous post, many people use to stand like this. So, it is not much, however, it aroused my interest, and it seems that quite a number of people are interested in the man's stance for various reasons. Let us see where it will lead.

Where did you get the figure of 1.9° Andrej? My simple plastic protractor tells me the gate and posts are leaning to the right by almost 10°.

You're not trying to minimize the problem now, are you?

There are apparently 4 extant firearm pictures, and for the time being, I’m not going to wonder if there were any more.

“IMPERIAL REFLEX” anagrams to:

“4 411 FIREARM PIX. L”

"LEE FILM RARE PIX"

"I.R. RIFLE EXAMPLE" (I.R. = IMPERIAL REFLEX)

And then there's one of the guys that assigned Oswald his patsy role:

"L ELM PIX - A FERRIE"

I'm not making this stuff up folks. 53 years ago, ICO left us a breathtaking collection of meaningful information.

Letter/Number translation device:

(A=0)(B=1)(C=2)(D=3)(E=4)(F=5)(G=6)(H=7)(I=8)(J=9)(K=10)(L=11)(M=12)(N=13)(O=14)(P=15)(Q=16)(R=17)(S=18)(T=19)(U=20)(V=21)(W=22)(X=23)(Y=24)(Z=25)

Edited by Tom Hume

All right, then. Enough of my hypothesis, but at least you now know where I think I’m coming from.

Tommy’s thread is called, “How Did They Get Roscoe White To Lean Over?", and there seems to be a lot to talk about here. There're at least two aspects to the title of this thread: Whether or not that’s Roscoe’s body under Lee’s head, and the question, “Can somebody actually stand that way without tipping over?”

But then there are some rhetorical assumptions in “How Did ‘They’ Get....” This topic seems interestingly open-ended. Who are "they"? for example.

I think Andrej, and perhaps others, are working on the “Lean Over” part, and I’m looking forward to what could happen next.

I thought Michael Walton had a great GIF, tweaking the size of Oswald’s head (post #71), and this seems right on topic. Oswald’s head-size has been talked about for years, but I’d really like to see some of the graphics people here on the forum take another shot at it. In another life, I sold men’s hats. Clothing people can get pretty good at sizing people up, and looking at the Oswald ‘Leaning Tower of Pisa’ photo, I’d guess Lee's hat size at 13 1/2 - a world’s record. But then again, some good analysis just might make me look foolish for guessing that.

And then there’s that unbelievable “straight-on-sun” nose shadow that David pointed out in post #31. At least unbelievable to some of us, and without doing any science, I reckon Lee’s nose shadow should have been over on his right cheek an inch and a half or so. Of course, some good analysis just might make me look foolish for reckoning that.

I think some of us would like to know how to access the best study-able versions of the Backyard Photos in existence.

Sandy, thanks for post #38.

“How Did They Get Roscoe White To Lean Over?" All in all, a Crackerjack title for a thread. Press on.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

backyard_pm.jpg?w=803

Robert:

Where did you get the figure of 1.9° Andrej? My simple plastic protractor tells me the gate and posts are leaning to the right by almost 10°.

You're not trying to minimize the problem now, are you?

I'm really glad Robert asked this question. The reason being that I also came up with the 1.9 degree figure Andrej mentioned. And yet Robert's comment rang true, that it really does look like a greater angle.

I had accepted the 1.9 degree figure my graphics program gave me when I straightened the picture out, because computers don't lie. But, lucky for me I happened to have a protractor around. Why not try it.

With the protractor I got.... drum roll please.... FIVE degrees!

Now I'm not sure what to think. I trust the protractor over my cheap computer program. And over Andrej's fancy program. But why is Robert's measurement twice mine??? I don't know. (And why are the graphics programs wrong?)

Get your protractor out, Andrej.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

The farthest post to our right is 8° off of vertical. Your computers are full of baloney.

Regardless if it is 1.9, 5 or 8 degrees, you straighten that picture out by any of these amounts and Mr. Oswald has too much weight out the right side of his body, and he will fall over.

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

"Oswald's" lean is even more pronounced when the perspective is corrected.

Back%20yard%20photosCE133Aperspective_zp

This is one of the few sensible posts in this entire thread. Good show, Ray! After all the scientific double talk, Ray simply rotates the photo to make everything plumb, and shows us why the photo has to be a fake. Oswald going down!

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

The farthest post to our right is 8° off of vertical. Your computers are full of baloney.

Regardless if it is 1.9, 5 or 8 degrees, you straighten that picture out by any of these amounts and Mr. Oswald has too much weight out the right side of his body, and he will fall over.

Robert: 1.9 degrees equalises the vertical posts which is the closest to man's right arm. I have selected that because it is nearest to the man and it therefore would have a very similar perspective factor as the man. A 5 degrees rotation would equalise the rightwards pointing edge of the tall fence in the right part of the image. That one is further to the back of the man in question and there is a good reason for thinking it may due to a natural effect of perspective (I have posted a recent backyard picture showing a similar angle for this object in one of previous posts in this thread). I see no reason to equalise relative to that distant line if it can be done to the one in proximity of Mr. Oswald's figure.

"Oswald's" lean is even more pronounced when the perspective is corrected.

Back%20yard%20photosCE133Aperspective_zp

This is one of the few sensible posts in this entire thread. Good show, Ray! After all the scientific double talk, Ray simply rotates the photo to make everything plumb, and shows us why the photo has to be a fake. Oswald going down!

Well, if perspective correction straightened all the lines as shown here, then the divergence of the lines in the original picture was due to perspective effects. Ray would not be able to straighten the lines with the perspective tool if part of the lines would be artificially tilted.

Edited by Andrej Stancak

Another aspect to this thread is Oswald's Fake ID for Alek J. Hidell.

I think that if we're going to talk about how the BYP could be Fakes, then we should contemplate how the 1963 technology would work.

The negatives of the BYP were surprising because they show the outside edges that match the Imperial Reflex camera exactly. That is a scientific match. The BYP negatives were clearly made with the Imperial Reflex -- to the exclusion of all other cameras. That was a major point made by the FBI.

So, we should ask how LHO crafted his own Fake ID for Alek J Hidell. According to the FBI, LHO had a sophisticated camera at his disposal -- while he worked at Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall -- and he made a duplicate of his Marine registration card, ID card and service card. Then he used the negatives to paint out the names, descriptions and signatures so he could add new ones in the next print. He would make more negatives for more touch-ups, and then he finally had a set of official looking Marine documents for Alek J. Hidell -- with his own photograph on the ID.

Now -- for the Alek J. Hidell Fake ID, Oswald never used his Imperial Reflex camera.

However -- it is clear that Oswald knew how to make negatives and new prints to make forgeries -- and that he had access to sophisticated cameras that could do that.

Now -- insofar as Oswald used only his Imperial Reflex camera for his own BYP snapshot, and for four others of Roscoe White holding his weapons and wearing all-black, then the end result could be a negative which appears to be Oswald holding his weapons -- with somebody else's body.

Now -- we have evidence that Oswald's head was pasted onto this picture. (1) Marina's testimony that she snapped one and only one photo; (2) the shadow under the nose that doesn't match the shadow on the ground; (3) the fact that in the two BYP's that the Warren Commission had, the Oswald-heads were *identical* in size and position, while the body length was slightly different; and (4) there is a bulge in the upright wooden post on the right side of this photo -- suggesting some sort of photo paint was used.

There is, of course, more.

My question is this -- if Oswald knew how to paint over photographic interim-steps to make a Fake ID, then what else did he know about photographic forgeries? Such 1963 technology could lead us to additional observations.

Specifically about this unrealistic stance of the body double. (By the way, if we reverse the image, left to right, then we entirely lose the center of gravity. That shouldn't happen, should it?)

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo