The Education Forum

AMAZING DOCUMENT TYING DAVID FERRIE, GUY BANNISTER AND OTHERS TOGETHER

Vince Palamara

I found it it's Erby (or Orvie) Aucoin and he was a TV cameraman and informant.

Here's a useful resource:

Who's Who In The JFK Assassination: An A to Z Encyclopedia

https://www.amazon.com/Whos-Who-JFK-Assassination-Encyclopedia/dp/0806514442

I believe you can perform full searches without having to buy the book. There is no "Aucoin", "Erby" or "Orbie"

-RFH

Edited by Ramon F. Herrera

RAMON:

Do not get me wrong, the Benson book is a pretty good book, in fact I use it myself sometimes.

But the problem with relying on it exclusively is that its not a very good index for the New Orleans aspects of the case.

See, after Garrison failed in his appeal to try Shaw for perjury, a new wave of researchers stepped in and established a PC regime which pretty much denigrated Garrison and New Orleans e.g. Scott, Hoch, Summers, Thompson. This reaction was so knee-jerk, so anti-intellectual, that it did not even look at what was left of Garrison's files or talk to the guys who investigated New Orleans for the HSCA, that is Bob Buras and LJ Delsa. It just came in with all the rigor and authority of say a Jim Phelan or Hugh Aynesworth and established itself as the coin of the realm. It was not until the ARRB began declassifying files from the HSCA, and recovering Garrison's files that this information finally became available to researchers--much of it for the first time.

The great Peter Vea--who does not get any credit at all-- was the first guy to jump into these declassified files. Therefore this material now began to see the light of day for the first time in Probe Magazine in the nineties. Then through books by Bill Davy, Joe Biles, Joan Mellen and myself, the info began to be circulated a bit more widely. John Armstrong used some of it in his book, and he placed the stuff he did not use in the Baylor files.

So just because Aucoin was not in Benson's book, I can assure you there was such a person since I saw his name more than once in Garrison's recovered files.

RAMON:

Do not get me wrong, the Benson book is a pretty good book, in fact I use it myself sometimes.

But the problem with relying on it exclusively is that its not a very good index for the New Orleans aspects of the case.

Jim: I only use it because I am known as "El Cheapo". :)

My first source is Spartacus-Educational, then Wikipedia and Google. When all fail, I try that one.

Thanks for the good advice.

As long as we are on the topic, I was hesitant to read Kindle books. I finally, I gave up my reticence. Being absent minded, one day I clicked on a book only to realize days later that I had already purchased it. Without much hope, I placed a comment on the Customer Support web page, and they immediately refunded my money. Furthermore, there was a time (did I say that I am absent minded?) later, when I tried to do the same with another book and was told:

"You already have that book, dummy!" (in polite terms).

In short, I have nothing but praise for Amazon (but prefer e-Books in PDF format, identical to the printed version).

-RFH

Edited by Ramon F. Herrera

That is s good choice also Chris.

Chris,

When I click on the link my browser goes to the first page. There are 189 pages in the document. Do you know from which page you copied that document? Or at least a ballpark number?

Edited by Sandy Larsen

Chris,

When I click on the link my browser goes to the first page. There are 189 pages in the document. Do you know from which page you copied that document? Or at least a ballpark number?

Sandy,

It's page 132 of the "Jack Ruby" folder. There are three or four different copies of the document in the different folders. In some of them the handwritten note near the upper right corner is almost legible.

http://digitalcollections.baylor.edu/cdm/ref/collection/po-arm/id/21294/rec/2

Regarding my "methodology," I clicked on the link and then, as an experiment, typed into the "search box" the name aucoin. The name "Aucoin" is mentioned eleven times in Armstrong's files in the Baylor archives.

Some of them are about a different Aucoin, a "Henry Aucoin" who was the manager of the Hotel Senator, where Marguerite and Lee supposedly stayed for awhile in 1956.

-- Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Chris,

Sandy,

It's page 132 of the "Jack Ruby" folder. There are three or four different copies of the document in the different folders. In some of them the handwritten note near the upper right corner is almost legible.

Regarding my "methodology," I clicked on the link and then, as an experiment, typed into the "search box" the name aucoin. The name "Aucoin" is mentioned eleven times in Armstrong's files in the Baylor archives.

Some of them are about a different Aucoin, a "Henry Aucoin" who was the manager of the Hotel Senator, where Marguerite and Lee supposedly stayed for awhile in 1956.

Edited and bumped for the ever-inquisitive Sandy Larsen.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Chris,

Sandy,

Thanks Tommy!

I actually did try the search function. Didn't work for me. I probably misspelled the name.

• 1 year later...

From the Baylor University - John Armstrong files, mentioned above there is some great reading. There are so many stories and references that the sheer number of them preclude so many from being common knowledge in the investigative/online/forum community. 

I've stated before that when I dig into Ruby I get overwhelmingly creeped-out, to the point that it disturbs my sleep. And I usually sleep like a rock, dreaming amazing, wonderful dreams. I mention this because I read a few more stories where absolute terror beheld some folks around the time of the assassination. Even Ruby exhibited this terror. Wasn't he said to be smoking like a fiend, a nervous wreck, until he had heard that Oswald was dead? Could it possibly be that the forewarnings of the woman who made the Oxnard call might have been an accurate, real portent of what would have happened if one man, Oswald, had not been killed? Was Ruby truly and honestly a hero? It's crazy!

We are all familiar with the phrase, follow the money. I think WE should, in our study, adopt the phrase, follow the terror.

Anyway, p.33-36 of the below-linked PDF relates the story of one MRS. CORRINE VERGES VILLARD . I have never heard this story before.

Edited by Michael Clark