The Education Forum

Who was Jack Ruby?

Paul Brancato

Mr. Trejo contends that his theory will be "proven" on October 26, 2017...so we only have to wait a year and 13 days (and counting) for him to be proven a genius.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to hear from you Mr. Knight. I started this post and I'm glad it's had some longevity. I've asked a few times, and will again now, what people here think Ruby had in mind when he told Earl Warren he had a story to tell that necessitated being moved out of Dallas. Of course I've seen all the suggestive tidbits where Ruby mentions some people like Walker and groups like JBS and Minutemen (please Paul T., don't use this as an opening) or implies LBJ or other higher-ups were involved. I know Paul T.'s story, and hope that others have their own ideas and are willing to post them, and that Trejo will let this process play out.

As an example, I've been exploring the idea that Ruby murdered Tippett. I know it's a long shot and the timing is off, assuming the alibis from the Dallas Morning News headquarters are good. I wonder like others have, whether the magic bullet was placed by him on the stretcher. I accept Kantor's memory as accurate, that Ruby was at Parkland by about 1:30 pm.

I should post 'who was JD Tippett' since I think his death is very suggestive of his prior involvement. Trejo's idea that Ruby was motivated to kill LHO by Dallas cops, who played on Ruby's sympathy with police, is one I had not heard before. Half of that idea, that it was some Dallas policemen that facilitated, and perhaps 'encouraged' Ruby to kill Oswald, I find interesting. That it was simply Ruby's anger at Oswald the cop killer that motivated him I find laughable. (refrain yourself Paul T.)

...Trejo's idea that Ruby was motivated to kill LHO by Dallas cops, who played on Ruby's sympathy with police, is one I had not heard before...

Thanks for the credit, Paul B., but it's not my idea. It appears in Seth Kantor's book, Who Was Jack Ruby (1978) and also in Walt Brown's book, Treachery in Dallas (1995).

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

I think the Oswald wallet purportedly found at the Tippet scene is an indication of the conspiracy.

Ray McBride has fleshed out more leads on the Tippet killing than anyone and I believe he came to the same conclusion, that Ruby had a connection to too many "witnesses" to be coincidental.

After reading McBride's book I tried to piece together a time line for Tippett, in order to see if his whereabouts at 12:30 pm were known and reliable. I came to the conclusion they weren't. There is a story of course, of Tippett getting called to the scene of a petty theft in order to take custody of the thief, which he did. But there is no actual record of this. The story as I just told it came a decade after the fact, a belated alibi, which I think was made necessary by the lack of a police report showing that Tippett brought such a suspect into a police station anywhere. 15 minutes after the assassination he is spotted reliably by multiple witnesses, parked at a gas station a short distance (1-2 miles I think) from Dealey Plaza, where he proceeds to behave very erratically in the last 20-25 minutes of his life. McBride as you know discovered that Tippett was 'a good shot'.

Now -- sure -- some guys had to be thrown overboard as sacrificial lambs to keep up appearances that JFK really was backing away from his attacks on Communist Cuba; guys like Mckeown; but that was collateral damage.

I really have been trying to "be nice" but this is typical Trejo b_llsh_t. John Kennedy wasn't even President when McKeown was convicted.

Heh-heh-heh….
For several days now, Mr. Trejo has been offering up a 1960s excuse for Jack Ruby’s 1950s gunrunning protection, perhaps thinking we’re too dumb to notice he switched decades. You gotta hand it to him for the sheer chutzpah!

Now -- sure -- some guys had to be thrown overboard as sacrificial lambs to keep up appearances that JFK really was backing away from his attacks on Communist Cuba; guys like Mckeown; but that was collateral damage.

I really have been trying to "be nice" but this is typical Trejo b_llsh_t. John Kennedy wasn't even President when McKeown was convicted.

Heh-heh-heh….
For several days now, Mr. Trejo has been offering up a 1960s excuse for Jack Ruby’s 1950s gunrunning protection, perhaps thinking we’re too dumb to notice he switched decades. You gotta hand it to him for the sheer chutzpah!

Since we're going through a clown crisis here, I'm waiting for the Carnac the Magnificent to tell me what Marina and Walker thought of Ruby's gun running.

Mr. Trejo contends that his theory will be "proven" on October 26, 2017...so we only have to wait a year and 13 days (and counting) for him to be proven a genius.

Mark,

On this score, I would like to publicly recognize the honorable US President GWH Bush, who signed the JFK Records Act on Monday 26 October 1992, setting the date for final release of all US Government JFK Records to the American public at Thursday 26 October 2017 -- exactly 25 years.

As one more Baby Boomer who came of age in the sixties, even if I lived to 85 years old, I would still not have survived to 2039, which was the previous estimate set (75 years after 1964) for the final release of these records, based on the words of Supreme Court Justice Earl Warren, and backed by J. Edgar Hoover and LBJ.

Only one more year! I have faith that the US Government will accomplish the mission of the JFK Records Act -- because most US Government employees are loyal to the end.

This, by the way, explains why US Government employees refused to release these records to the House Select Committee on Assassinations 1977-1979, despite so many requests. The request did not come from the US President -- so no dice. So the HSCA had to fold up shop without a complete verdict.

The Cold War was still raging in 1979. So that explains it, IMHO. But the USSR fell in 1990, so that helps us understand why President GWH Bush signed the JFK Records Act in 1992. God bless him for that decision. It will truly help to heal our divisions.

Since the JFK Records Act was a Presidential mandate, I have full confidence in the US Government to fulfill it. And yes, I truly expect that the Walker-did-it CT of Dr. Jeff Caufield and very few others will be fully vindicated -- because it really amounts to a Unified Field Theory of all previous JFK CT's (omitting all the errors).

IMHO, some writers of honorable mention from the 20th century include Jim Garrison, Seth Kantor, A.J. Weberman, Gaeton Fonzi and Walt Brown.

Yet here my top five from the 21st century, which make our generation so different from the 20th century CTers: (1) The Lopez-Hardway Report (2003) by Edwin Lopez; (2) Someone Would Have Talked (2003) by Larry Hancock; (3) Inside the Assassination Records Review Board (2009) by Douglas Horne; (4) State Secret: Wiretapping in Mexico City (2014) by Bill Simpich; and (5) General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy (2015) by Jeff Caufield.

Hint: if we keep hoping to blame the CIA, we miss many subtle details; e.g. the Dallas Police letting Jack Ruby inside the DPD basement.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Heh-heh-heh….

Jim,

You're quite mistaken. The CIA effort to meddle in Cuban politics extended back to the 1950's, and even that had to be hushed up by the CIA. Nothing about CIA in Cuba could be allowed to surface.

With regard to McKeown and "guys like McKeown," they were ubiquitous and many of them ended up in the riptide of JFK's ban on open Cuba raids.

By the way, there was a guy in the early 1960's, Harry Dean, who assisted in gun-running to Cuba -- only after he had actually supported Fidel Castro in the late 1950's. But of course, he wasn't alone -- Gerry Patrick Hemming, Loran Hall and even Frank Sturgis were only a few who walked on both sides of Che Guevara and Fidel Castro.

The CIA was not alone in playing both sides of the board in that game. It all had to be hushed up.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Since the JFK Records Act was a Presidential mandate, I have full confidence in the US Government to fulfil it. And yes, I truly expect that the Walker-did-it CT of Dr. Jeff Caufield and very few others will be fully vindicated -- because it really amounts to a Unified Field Theory of all previous JFK CT's (omitting all the errors).

You are naive if you think there will be a "smoking gun" that vindicates any theory next year. We will have a trove of documents and we are going to have more work to do.

I hate to burst your fantasy bubble but when the CIA undertook operations such as the Assassination of Fidel Castro they simply did not keep any operational documents. -Which assured that a full accounting of what occurred would never be known, ever.

Read the first and second sentence:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=55405#relPageId=9&tab=page

Let's not even get into the fact that all the materials used to create this report were destroyed and what that means.

Edited by Chris Newton

Since the JFK Records Act was a Presidential mandate, I have full confidence in the US Government to fulfil it. And yes, I truly expect that the Walker-did-it CT of Dr. Jeff Caufield and very few others will be fully vindicated -- because it really amounts to a Unified Field Theory of all previous JFK CT's (omitting all the errors).

You are naive if you think there will be a "smoking gun" that vindicates any theory next year. We will have a trove of documents and we are going to have more work to do.

I hate to burst your fantasy bubble but when the CIA undertook operations such as the Assassination of Fidel Castro they simply did not keep any operational documents. -Which assured that a full accounting of what occurred would never be known, ever.

Read the first and second sentence:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=55405#relPageId=9&tab=page

Let's not even get into the fact that all the materials used to create this report were destroyed and what that means.

Chris,

There is no fantasy bubble here. I'm talking about the JFK assassination plot, not the Fidel Castro assassination plot.

The link that you provided was from the CIA about the Fidel Castro assassination plot. I'll reproduce it here to make it crystal clear what you're talking about:

---------------------- BEGIN EXTRACT FROM CIA FOIA RELEASE -----------------------

NARA Record Number: 1994.03.08.14:54:36:690005
Reel 48, Folder ZZ - 1967 IG REPORT (UNSANITIZED).
SECRET EYES ONLY 25 April 1967
This reconstruction of the Agency involvement in plans to assassinate Fidel Castro is at best an imperfect history.
Because of the extreme sensitivity of the operations being discussed or attempted, as a matter of principle no official records were kept of planning, of approvals, or of implementation.
The few written records that do exsit are either largely tangential to the main events or were put on paper from memory years afterward.
William Harvey has retained skeletal notes of his activities during the years in question, and they are our best source of dates.
Dr. Edward Gunn, of the Office of Medical Services, has a record of whom he met and when and cryptic reference to the subjects discussed....
---------------------- END EXTRACT FROM CIA FOIA RELEASE -----------------------

I admit that it is impossible to make a consistent history of the many Fidel Castro assassination plots. However, the JFK assassination plot is very different. Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren assured us that the records are being preserved -- but had to be withheld from NARA for purposes of National Security.

Since Chief Justice Warren could not predict in 1964 when the Cold War would end, he extended the revelation of these JFK records to 2039 (or 75 years from the date of the Warren Report).

However, former President GHW Bush signed the JFK Records Act on Monday 26 October 1992, changing the release of those preserved records only 25 years from that date -- namely, Thursday 26 October 2017.

It's a completely different deal. The JFK records were preserved.

Also, I don't expect that the CIA will have much to offer, since the JFK Cover-up was accomplished by the FBI at the direction of J. Edgar Hoover, starting around 3pm on 11/22/1963. It's the FBI records that I'm expecting will be released next year, that will make the biggest revelations.

At that time we should learn, IMHO, that Jack Ruby was just a pimp who did anything that these rogue Dallas Police told him to do, and that these rogue Dallas Police were part of the Radical Right, directed by General Walker. I'm confident.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

I'm sure that's why in the CIA's investigation Whitten, who was asking too many questions about MC and Miami, was replaced by Angleton. Must have been Hoover's idea.

I'm sure that's why in the CIA's investigation Whitten, who was asking too many questions about MC and Miami, was replaced by Angleton. Must have been Hoover's idea.

No, it was LBJ's idea, ultimately, although it all began with J. Edgar Hoover. The "Lone Nut" theory belongs to Hoover. But LBJ subscribed to it fully, on grounds of National Security.

Once the US President accepted it, then it became like Law for the CIA -- and they had no choice. The "Lone Nut" theory, as backward as it is, is like National Dogma. (The HSCA was humbled because they could not arrive at a full verdict, precisely because they had no access to these JFK records -- by Law.)

Everything will change after October 2017. It will be a different ball game.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

The link that you provided was from the CIA about the Fidel Castro assassination plot.

You are not seeing the forest for the trees.

There is no CIA IG Report on the JFK Assassination (that we know of).

I posted that report because it's the closest thing we have that explains how the CIA performed operations of "extreme sensitivity".

That IG report was written for one person "eyes only", the Director and it was read by only four persons and everything used to prepare it, including any original documentation or notes, were destroyed.

Conveniently, these destroyed records are "the records" of the very CIA operation that most proponents of the "CIA did it crowd", (which I lean toward), think was "turned" to kill JFK.

The link that you provided was from the CIA about the Fidel Castro assassination plot.

You are not seeing the forest for the trees.

There is no CIA IG Report on the JFK Assassination (that we know of).

I posted that report because it's the closest thing we have that explains how the CIA performed operations of "extreme sensitivity".

That IG report was written for one person "eyes only", the Director and it was read by only four persons and everything used to prepare it, including any original documentation or notes, were destroyed.

Conveniently, these destroyed records are "the records" of the very CIA operation that most proponents of the "CIA did it crowd", (which I lean toward), think was "turned" to kill JFK.

Chris,

I agree with you that the CIA has nothing further to add about the JFK assassination -- but not for the same reasons that you are suggesting.

You are suggesting -- out of mere speculation -- that the CIA (1) killed JFK; and (2) destroyed all their records.

That's a cheap shot, because of course anybody can blame the CIA of anything at all, and claimed that the CIA destroyed all the records. The CIA is required by Law to keep their actions secret. It's just a cheap shot.

Yet we have further data. The CIA -- by Law -- is restricted to International Crimes. The FBI is restricted to National Crimes. They compete with one another for data and jurisdiction (because Criminals often move out of the USA and back into the USA).

So they compete. The JFK Assassination was National Crime -- and although the FBI didn't have jurisdiction in Dallas, they sure did take over the JFK investigation -- at the request of LBJ. But they kept all these FBI records secret.

The FBI has not shared this data with the CIA. The FBI shares as little of its data as possible. So the CIA doesn't have these records, anyway. Hoover kept them under lock and key. The US Government has them.

And according to Earl Warren, these records -- the 3,000 pages still withheld from NARA -- are being preserved, to be released in 2039 or by a Presidential mandate. I say that President GWH Bush's signature upon the 1962 JFK Records Act is that mandate.

When they are finally release in October 2017, per the JFK Records Act, they will show conclusively (among other things) that Jack Ruby had nothing to do with the JFK murder, and that Ruby was merely a Dallas pimp who acted in support of his close friends inside the DPD when he killed LHO.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo