The Education Forum

Yes, Oswald was an Intelligence agent

Craig - I gather you don't think Oswald ever met with David Atlee Phillips? Or that the guy with the scar over his left eye, seen with Oswald at the Carousel and possibly in New Orleans wasn't Phillips man - david Morales?

I don't really have an definite opinion on that Paul. I suppose my overall interpretation of events surrounding the assassination could best be described as a "macro" more than a "micro" analysis/study.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Craig,

LHO's altercation with the anti-Castro Cubans on August 9, 1963, wasn't outside the International Trade Mart, but two or three blocks away in the 700 block of Canal Street.

-- Tommy :sun

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Tom.

Wasn't there a photo or photos taken of Oswald with a group of men outside the Trade Mart at about that same time?

Craig C.

Dear Craig,

LHO's altercation with the anti-Castro Cubans on August 9, 1963, wasn't outside the International Trade Mart, but two or three blocks away in the 700 block of Canal Street.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Tom.

Wasn't there a photo or photos taken of Oswald with a group of men outside the Trade Mart at about that same time?

Craig C.

Yes, Craig. There was.

Exactly one week later, on August 16, 1963.

There were no arrests at that one, just TV coverage.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Question for Jim DiEugenio - you were at the historic Veciana appearance. Was he ever asked whether he knew David Sanchez Morales, or Joannides, two operational CIA officers whose paths he might have crossed?

Joannides was the case officer for DRE and Phillips was the case officer for Veciana as a leader of Alpha 66. I don't know how often they would interact. I would guess seldom, if ever, unless there was specific operation involving both groups.

I love the part of the interview where Veciana says that Phillips knew Oswald would not succeed in getting a visa to Cuba. So that puts the Kabosh on the idea that Oswald was part of a real Castro assassination squad. The reason I thought of Joannides is that the DRE was, assuming the street incident in NO was staged, in some way on the same team as Oswald. I had assumed for some time that CIA and FBI were trying to smear the FPCC, and that Phillips was involved, or even running this propaganda effort.

Paul,

Oswald most certainly tried to penetrate DRE in N.O. and this was confirmed by Bringuier. This could have been an attempt to see if Oswald would follow instructions. Phillips and Joannides simply compare notes after the operation. Bringuier certainly had an obligation to report the penetration attempt to his case officer, Joannides.

Edited by Chris Newton

I think they could look similar if they put a little effort into it. But I have a hard time with the Marina story getting them confused in her Russian memories. Is there supporting evidence for Webster's claim that he met Marina, other than Marina saying she thought her husband worked for the Rand Corp when he came to Russia?

Paul.

IDK.

But let me ask you. If it were true, would you expect to find "supporting evidence" for Webster's claim?

You do know that Marina allegedly told a friend of hers that her American husband had worked for an American exhibition in Moscow in 1959, don't you? But also that he worked in some kind of factory in Minsk?

And that Webster told Dick Russell in 1997 that he had met Marina in Russia in 1959, and that she spoke Russian pretty well at that time?

I'm starting to wonder, though, whether Marina didn't meet Webster, and that LHO lied to her when they first met and said he had worked at an American exhibition in Moscow, thereby reinforcing the CIA's "marked card" operation which intentionally mixed and merged Webster's identity with Oswald's. And that Marina believed him.

Regardless, so that you can do your own "research" in the future on questions like this, here are a few hints:

Google Search: webster moscow exhibition marina . That will take you to Simpich's State Secret Chapter 1, and all the other websites that talk about this very issue.

Once on Simpich's Chapter 1, press F and ctrl at the same time and type the word "exhibition" in the little drop-down search box. (Doing so will highlight the word "exhibition" in the text for you, making that subject or issue very easy to find in the longish text.)

There. See how easy it is?

Just think! You, too, can be a "researcher," Paul!

' she spoke Russian pretty well at that time."

I reckon that's a pretty good assumption, Tommy. :ice

I was wondering if you'd catch that, Ray.

You passed that test with flying colors!

Thanks for not sending me a discrete PM informing me of your incredible powers of observation.

You've really "made your bones" here on the EF.

Now we're actually thinking about inviting you to Camp Perry for the indoctrination program.

PS I obviously meant to say "Mandarin Chinese."

Sorry, Tommy. I thought you had a sense of humor.

I'm posting this here because the title of this thread is "Yes, Oswald was an Intelligence agent."

I think you will find some very good info about this at the link below. It also confirms that Oswald was seen talking to David Phillips, a CIA guy, in September 1963.

With the info below and with everything else we know about LH (his fake defection; his returning during the height of the Cold War; his handing out Cuban leaflets in NO; etc.), there's no doubt that he was being manipulated into his role as patsy for 11/22.

I'll never believe that LH was in Mexico, though. For me, there's just no credible evidence (e.g., a photo) that he was ever down there. Even Hoover admitted this to Johnson when he saw the photos and heard the tapes the weekend of 11/22.

But the link below will show you the "fingerprints of intelligence" all over LH...

To Paul B.:

I do not recall Veciana being asked if he knew Morales or Joannides at the AARC Conference.

And, btw, I agree with Mike Walton, I think its kind of silly to be arguing this rather fundamental point in the new millennium. The idea that Oswald was some kind of low level intelligence agent--serving as an informer for the FBI and an agent provocateur for the CIA--was established decades ago. I mean, for me, the Garrison investigation did a nice job on this issue.

The very fact that Blakey resisted it in the face of all the further evidence that the HSCA developed shows why the Powers That Be need to avoid the issue e.g. the Warren Commission. In its own way it is as mandatory to the official story as the Single Bullet Fantasy. It turns the case upside down.

Edited by James DiEugenio

The idea that Oswald was some kind of low level intelligence agent--serving as an informer for the FBI and an agent provocateur for the CIA--was established decades ago. I mean, for me, the Garrison investigation did a nice job on this issue.

Thanks you for this, Jim. When I started this thread, there was another lengthy thread active here called “Was Oswald an Intelligence Agent?” Some participants seemed to believe it was a legitimate question.
What’s remarkable is that even the official cover story makes it abundantly obvious that Oswald was an agent. The guy supposedly works in a radar bubble near top secret U2 aircraft in Japan, then leaves the Marines and “defects” to the Soviet Union, tells our man in Moscow he’ll tell the Russkies everything he knows, is then loaned the money to return to the U.S. with his Russian intelligence-connected wife, arrives and faces no charges, and then just a couple of years later is given permission by our government to visit Communist countries again!
And some people still wonder if he was an agent. Or a phony wannabe agent. Gimme a break!