The Education Forum

Behind Ruby's Fridge

In the lower image, on the larger note, in the lower right corner is the underlined notation "D.H. Holmes". Is this a reference to Postal Inspector Harry D. Holmes? If so that would itself probably be an amazing "coincidence".

From Greg Parker, since he cannot post here

"Since I can't post at ed forum, maybe you can pass this on to Chris Newton. He started a thread called behind Ruby's fridge. In it he asks about a phone number BL 8-8444. Tell him this number belonged to a lawyer named Joseph L Hoffman. Hoffman appears to have been a mob lawyer in Pennsylvania caught up in gambling cases. FWIW.
He also asked about the name found on paper "DH HOLMES" and asks if this might be Harry Holmes. NO IT IS NOT. It was the name of a Department store Ruby visited when in New Orleans."
Edited by Bart Kamp

"Since I can't post at ed forum, maybe you can pass this on to Chris Newton. He started a thread called behind Ruby's fridge. In it he asks about a phone number BL 8-8444. Tell him this number belonged to a lawyer named Joseph L Hoffman. Hoffman appears to have been a mob lawyer in Pennsylvania caught up in gambling cases. FWIW.
He also asked about the name found on paper "DH HOLMES" and asks if this might be Harry Holmes. NO IT IS NOT. It was the name of a Department store Ruby visited when in New Orleans."

Hey Bart thanks for that. Pass on my best regards to Greg.

Did Greg already investigate these notes or is he just responding to the stuff I'm picking out?

I'm just starting to look at them so if someone else already did some work on them that would be great stuff.