The Education Forum

Hillary blames FBI Director Comey for her loss

Douglas Caddy

Ron - it's funny, but voter suppression is real and deliberate. Democrats these days just don't do the things Republicans do to limit the vote. It's a very cynical ruse.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The administrators announced that the Prayer Person thread has been closed due to no real new info being posted there.

I'm suggesting that this thread be closed as well.  There's really nothing new here except continued griping, whining, snarking, complaining about stolen elections, countering about the middle class voting for Trump, and so on.

It's over.  Trump is president.  The Senate and HR are controlled by Republicans.  No amount of whining and keyboard warrioring is going to change that.  Let's see what happens because that's the only thing Americans can do at this point.

And just remember - 48% of Americans did not vote. If they had, it would have made a huge difference.

http://brilliantmaps.com/did-not-vote/

But it's all water under the bridge now.

11 minutes ago, Michael Walton said:

The administrators announced that the Prayer Person thread has been closed due to no real new info being posted there.

I'm suggesting that this thread be closed as well.  There's really nothing new here except continued griping, whining, snarking, complaining about stolen elections, countering about the middle class voting for Trump, and so on.

It's over.  Trump is president.  The Senate and HR are controlled by Republicans.  No amount of whining and keyboard warrioring is going to change that.  Let's see what happens because that's the only thing Americans can do at this point.

And just remember - 48% of Americans did not vote. If they had, it would have made a huge difference.

http://brilliantmaps.com/did-not-vote/

But it's all water under the bridge now.

The 2016 election was not legitimate and needs continuous scrutiny.

If you don't like it take a hike and leave the thread to patriots.

a point which has escaped many - poor voter turnout; same as 2008 and 2012, only in partisan reverse.

significant then, and significant now.

6 million, it's been estimated - 4 million of whom had previously voted Democrat.

significant. the truth doesn't really give a damn what opinions there might be...

2 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

The 2016 election was not legitimate and needs continuous scrutiny.

If you don't like it take a hike and leave the thread to patriots.

Cliff, you've still refused to answer my perfectly legitimate and simple question:

when did you last complain that an election, as decided by the very same Electoral process as has always decided, was illegitimate?

2000?

1960?

28 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Ah, the reflexive craving of the Trumper to shut down free speech.

We'll be seeing more and more of this going forward.

"free speech"

really good, Cliff. your grasp of the constitution and human rights is "awesome."

Before the election Trump said he wouldn't concede the election if he won the popular vote.

He thought Romney won the popular in 2012 and he freaked out.

If Trump won 2016 by 2% but lost the electoral he'd be screaming -- Rigged election!

Now we get to scream it for 4 years.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

16 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

22 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

In 2000 the brother of one candidate forced 90,000 mostly Democrats off the voter rolls in Florida, thus insuring his brother's victory.

In 2016 the Republican head of the FBI announced a renewed investigation into a Presidential candidate even though he knew there was nothing to it.

These are two examples of egregious voter suppression.

Voter suppression is anti-democracy, and only one party engages in it.

Exactly right.

And Paul is right, that Cliff is exactly right... with a minor caveat.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few Democrats have attempted to emulate Republican tactics like this. But really, the Republicans are in a league of their own. They have perfected it.

5 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

And Paul is right, that Cliff is exactly right... with a minor caveat.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few Democrats have attempted to emulate Republican tactics like this. But really, the Republicans are in a league of their own. They have perfected it.

Political genius.

From 2009 on they said hell no to anything Obama proposed even when it was their ideas.

They blamed the resulting gridlock on the Democrats and in 2016 made it stick.

Win an election, lose a Democracy.

If Clinton won that way I'd denounce it just as loudly.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

5 hours ago, Glenn Nall said:

Cliff, you've still refused to answer my perfectly legitimate and simple question:

when did you last complain that an election, as decided by the very same Electoral process as has always decided, was illegitimate?

2000?

1960?

Glenn,

I don't know why Cliff is ignoring your question. But I think that Kirk Galloway's comment answers it.

Nobody complains about the electoral college when it makes no difference. What would be the point? The two times in recent history where it did make a difference, going by the popular vote would have benefited the Democratic candidate.

As far as we know, Cliff may think of it in this way. Or he may always have disagreed with using an electoral college.. Either way, does it make any difference? To you?

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Glenn,

I don't know why Cliff is ignoring your question. But I think that Kirk Galloway's comment answers it.

Nobody complains about the electoral college when it makes no difference. What would be the point? The two times in recent history where it did make a difference, going by the popular vote would have benefited the Democratic candidate.

As far as we know, Cliff may think of it in this way. Or he may always have disagreed with using an electoral college.. Either way, does it make any difference? To you?

What Glenn hasn't picked up on is that I have him on ignore.

In 1992 I authored the text for a set of collector's trading cards called The World's Most Hated People, writing under the pen-name N. Kidd Sylene.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WORLD-S-MOST-HATED-PEOPLE-Trading-Cards-BOX-SET-Rigomor-Press-1ST-PRINTING-/222049664760

Check out my Richard Nixon card.

24 years later I'm not as certain that Kennedy stole the 1960 election as I sounded in 1992.

In 1992 I accused the Dems of vote-rigging and intrusion by the CIA in '60.

In 2016 I accuse the GOP of vote rigging and intrusion by the FBI.

The latter was done in public.

Edited by Cliff Varnell