The Education Forum

Hillary blames FBI Director Comey for her loss

Douglas Caddy

I call it a plus. It's the people who want to live in a pluralistic multicultural country that will win this battle of ideas, and it's not a two party issue, it's a human issue. 

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I call it a plus. It's the people who want to live in a pluralistic multicultural country that will win this battle of ideas, and it's not a two party issue, it's a human issue. 

You're right Paul, it can't be abstracted or diverted or bullsh-tted. It's gotta be about human needs on the most basic levels.

12 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

And Ron, something tells me you're on board with that. 

I would be tempted to vote for the first time since 1964, though I still haven't lived that vote down.

Re: Tulsi

Ron, Yes I've seen her, easy on my eyes,I had been facing the visceral prospects of 4 maybe even 8 years of HC which was, shall we say,  not very appealing.

First elected to office at 21.Iraq vet. Wow

Resigned as vice chair to support Bernie, ostracized by DNC? what pigs! First woman rep. to endorse Bernie.Reprimanded by Clinton camp. Again what pigs! She knows what I like!

Restoration of Glass Steagall, yeah. Environmentalist -check! 

Keep strong men in Middle East, OK, yeah what can we do? But against arm sale to Arabia . Good combo!

Pretty damn good so far! Ron

I predict that the Democratic Party is stupid enough to ignore her.

After all, they ran Hillary Clinton in 2016, didn't they? How tone deaf can you get?

21 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

All right, Glenn. I appreciate you admitted you're wrong. I see you work against Veteran homelessness. I appreciate that. Are you a veteran yourself? Then maybe you get turned off with non veterans talking about war when they have never had their character tested by experiencing a war firsthand. You have never experienced an election where the popular will is thwarted by the electoral college and you lost, so you've never had your character tested and that's why it's so easy for you to characterize their rage as "whining."

Do you know we are the only country that uses an electoral college? We are also the only ones that use the phrase "the popular vote" In everywhere else it's just called "the vote" .  And there are people from both parties who don't think the Constitution is so sacred that we can't admit that it might be wrong.

I am a veteran of the United States Navy.

We're the only country that does many things, Kirk.This is what most consider a good thing. We became the United States for this very reason. To compare us to other countries is to not even get why we're Americans.

And there are NOT many people from the Right who think the US Constitution might be "wrong." That is a very irresponsible claim. The only people who think it might be "wrong," (whatever that means, as if there are correct and incorrect answers), are those who do not know much about it, why it was written, and in what spirit, and for what purposes.

It's by far the Left who think this.

21 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Were California to receive a proportional number of electoral votes based on population to a small state like Wyoming for instance, which I believe gets 3 electoral votes, it would get not 53, but 199 votes. 

Paul this is exactly the reason for the Electoral College. Without it, we'd have 7 or 8 areas of the US that decided the Presidency every election. Nominees wouldn't even campaign in Wyoming and New Hampshire, etc, ignoring their issues and molding their platforms to only what fits California and New York and Texas and Florida.

The ONLY way Wyoming and New Hampshire's votes count is with the Electoral College. (Has nothing to do with slavery, Sandy.)

For what it's worth, Ron, many Republicans like Gabbard, too. She's one of the few Democrats who present themselves as reasonably willing to - well, use reason - to cross the aisle and kill gridlock. She's a very bright woman.

Republicans are not the bible- and gun-toting hillbillies you still seem to think we are. And we're not the ones in bed with Wall Street.

As you've just seen the Republican party get shaken up, rightfully so and delightedly by all except the establishment, so you are seeing the Democrat party being necessarily rebuilt. We can thank both HFC and DJT for this. The time was right. This had to happen, and it is.

Your comment is unfair and typical of the Democrat establishment making sweeping assertions with no basis in fact and with malice. As HFC lost, this shows that so many are out of touch with the real American population.

People, there is a VERY REAL possibility that Donald Trump will surprise you and do good things. Perhaps you have become immuned to hope in the past eight years (since it was the platform that fell flat on its face so very quickly). Trump is not a Republican in spirit.

Trump already kicked out all of the lobbyists from his team. Will you complain about that?

And it was just reported (NOT by CNN) that Trump met with Tulsi Gabbard over the weekend during his transition team meetings.

ya'll were saying...?

1 hour ago, Glenn Nall said:

Your comment is unfair and typical of the Democrat establishment making sweeping assertions with no basis in fact and with malice. As HFC lost, this shows that so many are out of touch with the real American population.

What makes you think I have anything to do with the Democrat establishment? In case you missed my earlier post, I haven't voted in 52 years. I'm really establishment.

15 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

What makes you think I have anything to do with the Democrat establishment? In case you missed my earlier post, I haven't voted in 52 years. I'm really establishment.

I didn't say or imply that you are. The sentence reads, "Your comment is unfair," (it is), "and is typical of the Democratic establishment..." - which it is. So the only real inference you can make here is that I've claimed you've made a comment that is typically one heard from the Democratic Establishment.

I would neither want to be guilty of even saying things - of even sounding like things - that are typical of the Establishment Government, left or right, if i'm not part of it.

My goal, like many of those this election, is to seek a solution, not be part of the problem. Contrary to what many of you think, there are already Democrats in Congress who will want to, and be able to, work together with the administration-to-be. I hope ya'll don't hate that too much.

Eldridge Cleaver (famous Democrat) said, simply, and i can't quote it, but - If I'm not part of the solution, I'm part of the problem.

I've seen nary even a suggestion of a solution in this thread of gripes and whining; just plain, good old-fashioned blaming - and of the Republicans, as if the Democrats are the party of angels or something.

So. your comment was unnecessary, wrong, and typical.

Edited by Glenn Nall

9 minutes ago, Glenn Nall said:

I didn't say or imply that you are. The sentence reads, "Your comment is unfair," (it is), "and is typical of the Democratic establishment..." - which it is

Which doesn't "imply" anything. I guess I need to look that word up. Thanks in advance for the English lesson.

Just now, Ron Ecker said:

Which doesn't "imply" anything. I guess I need to look that word up. Thanks in advance for the English lesson.

damn, Ron, I said it DOESN'T imply anything.

you've never before seemed to me the type to just look for something to bitch about. All I did was explain what I meant, at your request.

see what I mean?

4 minutes ago, Glenn Nall said:

damn, Ron, I said it DOESN'T imply anything.

you've never before seemed to me the type to just look for something to bitch about. All I did was explain what I meant, at your request.

see what I mean?

Ha ha ha ha. "What we have here is a failure to communicate" (from Cool Hand Luke).

We're the only country that does many things, Kirk.This is what most consider a good thing. We became the United States for this very reason. To compare us to other countries is to not even get why we're Americans.

What exactly do you mean by this, Glenn?  I'm hoping it's not what I think it means.  As in the word that starts with an "e."  Oh no, I hope not.

I have no idea what word you're talking about, Michael. I wasn't thinking of a single word when i said that.

I simply meant that, since the US does, and is the leader in, many things, the fact that the US is the only country to use the Electoral College does not exactly support his point.

Why try to read more into that. It's a clear response to his point. That's all.

Surely you don't disagree that the US is unique in many ways...?