The Education Forum

Natalie Portman's Jackie Recreates JFK Assassination

On 12/1/2016 at 0:33 AM, Paul Brancato said:

Joe - That's why it bothers me so much that when RFK Jr. did an interview with Charlie Rose in Dallas a few years ago and said that his father suspected 'rogue CIA' in JFK's death, that interview was never aired.  

YIKES!  I try to keep up, but this is Big News to me.

There are references all over the net about RFK Jr. saying his dad suspected "rogue CIA" agents of killing JFK.  I've done some searching, but can anyone point me to a video of RFK Jr. directly talking about "rogue CIA" agents and the death of JFK?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pamela, yes, I can believe so much that you felt a tragic shock and sadness experience connection to Jackie Kennedy and what she must have felt on 11,22,1963 with your own personal loss.

What a powerfully sad story.

My empathy to you.

I am older.  If you make it to your mid-sixties, you can expect to live through things both incredibly sad and hard and incredibly fulfilling and loving and joyous.

Life is definitely a journey through it all.  

Take care, take heart in the goodness of people. 

Thank you for all your years of JFK truth seeking effort.

Joe B.

5 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

There are references all over the net about RFK Jr. saying his dad suspected "rogue CIA" agents of killing JFK.  I've done some searching, but can anyone point me to a video of RFK Jr. directly talking about "rogue CIA" agents and the death of JFK?

In short - no. Not only was it never aired, but the news coverage was misleading. The first article, Dallas Morning News the day after, put the words 'rogue CIA' in RFK Jr.'s mouth, but all subsequent coverage had Rose saying 'mafia or rogue CIA. In the first story, Jr. said his dad thought there was a conspiracy, and Rose said 'you mean like the Mafia, and Jr. finished his sentence. Big difference. There is a thread on this somewhere.

Edited by Paul Brancato

Let us be frank:  It was deliberately suppressed.

It was actually someone in the family saying for the first time that RFK thought there was a conspiracy to murder his brother.

It was said in a public venue and it was taped.  They have refused to let the tape out even though there was a demand that it be placed on You Tube.

This movie is getting a platform release in LA.

Which is rare these days.  That means it is opening in only prestige locations like the Arclight for now.

It will not go wide for  a week or two.  This usually means they expect good reviews.

The RFK, Jr. interview with Rose may have been suppressed, but his opinion about the assassination of JFK is now pretty clear.

I only have the first edition of James Douglass’s book, but a correspondent has told me that the revised edition has the following blurb from RFK, Jr. on the dust jacket:

In JFK and the Unspeakable Jim Douglass has distilled all the best available research into a very well-documented and convincing portrait of President Kennedy's transforming turn to peace, at the cost of his life. Personally, it has made a very big impact on me. After reading it in Dallas, I was moved for the first time to visit Dealey Plaza. I urge all Americans to read this book and come to their own conclusions about why he died and why -- after fifty years -- it still matters. – Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

Still, it sure would be nice to have the interview with Rose released.  Perhaps some television technician would consider it a patriotic act to post it somewhere.

FREE THE RFK, JR. VIDEO!

On 12/2/2016 at 0:50 AM, Paul Brancato said:

Pamela - that's so sad. 

Thank you, Paul.  It is.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2016 at 1:55 PM, Douglas Caddy said:

New Trailer for Natalie Portman's Jackie Recreates JFK Assassination

http://people.com/movies/new-trailer-for-natalie-portmans-jackie-recreates-jfk-assassination/

Jackie's hair is all wrong.  It is too short and not full enough and obviously looks like a wig when Jackie herself had such great hair.  They had all the $$$ in the world for this movie, how could this happen? :-0

1 hour ago, Pamela Brown said:

Jackie's hair is all wrong.  It is too short and not full enough and obviously looks like a wig when Jackie herself had such great hair.  They had all the $$$ in the world for this movie, how could this happen?

Portman's performance is being hailed as one of the year's best (see Rolling Stone), the movie itself, not so much. I'll catch it on Netflix or somewhere similar later but still expecting another lone nutter wet dream.

4 hours ago, Chris Newton said:

Portman's performance is being hailed as one of the year's best (see Rolling Stone), the movie itself, not so much. I'll catch it on Netflix or somewhere similar later but still expecting another lone nutter wet dream.

I have no doubt her acting is amazing; I loved Natalie Portman from the time she was Padma in Star Wars.  I am just annoyed that they could have done a better job with something so simple as hair.  It looks like somebody just slapped a black wig on her.  I will still view it, but probably will be distracted...

On 12/2/2016 at 11:23 PM, Joe Bauer said:

Pamela, yes, I can believe so much that you felt a tragic shock and sadness experience connection to Jackie Kennedy and what she must have felt on 11,22,1963 with your own personal loss.

What a powerfully sad story.

My empathy to you.

I am older.  If you make it to your mid-sixties, you can expect to live through things both incredibly sad and hard and incredibly fulfilling and loving and joyous.

Life is definitely a journey through it all.  

Take care, take heart in the goodness of people. 

Thank you for all your years of JFK truth seeking effort.

Joe B.

Thank you so much, Joe, for your kind words.  I am preparing for the MOA concert Wednesday, and a lot of wonderful memories are coming out in the process.  It is all really amazing to me, the compassion of many of you here and in the Twin Cities.  I am far outside of my comfort zone, yet am finding a new one is being created. 

On 12/2/2016 at 7:40 PM, Jim Hargrove said:

David Talbot's BROTHERS talks about RFK's search for truth a lot. I have always suspected that RFK's 'acceptance' of the WC was pragmatic, and he may have been told it was necessary to keep the rest of his family alive.  RFK was tough and aggressive, and I can't imagine him settling for anything less than the truth, no matter how much grief he was experiencing.  (I also think LBJ deliberately tried to traumatize Jackie by forcing her to stand next to him for the photos on AF1.  He probably threatened her as well to 'keep quiet or else'. ) 

On 11/30/2016 at 10:03 PM, Joe Bauer said:

I read that when Jackie Kennedy was asked what was the biggest challenge in her life after JFK's head exploding slaughter within inches of her face, she responded ( paraphrasing) ... just keeping myself together.

The woman had serious Post Traumatic Stress from that experience and probably had this the rest of her life.

Can you imagine the awful dreams she must have had stemming from that real life horror movie ordeal?

I was such a huge fan of Jackie Kennedy and read every article about her that came my way and a couple of books on her life.

I noticed something about her immediately following JFK's murder.

Her facial expression changed. Her eyes, they didn't look right. No longer relaxed. They seemed so much more sad and serious and even a tinge of fear and you could almost still see the look of shock, even years later. 

Life was far from safe and secure and innocent for her starting on 11,22,1963.

And then when Bobby was murdered in L.A. in June of 1968, you could tell that was it for her as far as trusting anything in the good ole U.S.A.

I am reading a book about Jackie now called JKO - a life beyond her wildest dreams by Porter.  It is kind of trashy, but talks about all of the men in her life.  It has become very evident that she was indeed traumatized by JFK's assassination and then RFK's, and it took a very long time to come to grips with it all.  We can see from the Zapruder that it was a miracle she was not killed as well, as the Z313 bullet came within mere inches of hitting her. 

Jackie's marriage to Onassis, though at the time it seemed weird, makes rather good sense in light of her wanting protection and financial security for herself and her children -- not that that's what marriage is supposed to be about, but that is the position she was in.  The SS did not protect her or JFK, and there was none at that time for RFK.  They were targets. So she needed an alternative.  However, that backfired, and then Onassis' son was killed, and everything fell apart and he died.