The Education Forum

Revill's list of TSBD employees

Steve Thomas

Jack Revill's testimony before the Warren Commission (5H42)

Mr. DULLES. Could I ask a question? Where did you get this address that you put on of 605 Elsbeth Street, do you recall?
Mr. REVILL. Yes, sir; from Detective E. B. Carroll or Detective Taylor.
Mr. DULLES. Are they subordinates?
Mr. REVILL. No; they are detectives assigned to the special service bureau. One of them works the narcotics squad and one of them is assigned to the vice unit.
Mr. DULLES. You never ascertained where they got it?
Mr. REVILL. No, sir; this might be the address that they got from Oswald, I do not know. I never even thought about it until you brought up the point that this is not the address.
Mr. DULLES. Can you find out where they got this address?
Mr. REVILL. Yes, sir; I can.
Mr. DULLES. I think that would be useful. I would like to know that. I would like to know where they got this address also.
Mr. REVILL. It would have been the same day because this was made within an hour----

p. 47

The CHAIRMAN. I think that is all. Thank you, again, lieutenant.
Mr. REVILL. I will attempt to find out on that address, and I shall let Mr. Sorrels know, with Secret Service.

Warren Commission Document# 948 is a memo from Sorrels to Inspector Kelley dated May 19, 1964. In that memo, Sorrels says that Revill contacted Sorrels and said that Revill told him he got the 605 Elsbeth address from Bob Carroll. As the driver of the car that took Oswald from the Theater to the police station, Carroll allegedly looked back over his shoulder and read the address off a Dallas Public Library card that had been removed from Oswald's billfold by one of the officers in the back seat.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11344#relPageId=2&tab=page

In their after-action reports filed with Chief Curry on December 3rd, neither Caroll (DPD Archives Box 5, Folder# 2, Item# 73), nor Detective E.E. Taylor, Special Services Bureau, Narcotics Section (DPD Archives Box 5, Folder# 2, Item# 81) make no mention of giving Revill Oswald’s address.

On top of all this, when the police did arrive at Beckley, they were looking for someone named Harvey Lee Oswald. The housekeeper, Earlene Roberts testified to the Warren Commission, that,

“Mr. BALL. Do you remember the day the President was shot?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes; I remember it---who would forget that?
Mr. BALL. And the police officers came out there?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Do you remember what they said?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, it was Will Fritz' men---it was plainclothesmen and I was at the back doing something and Mr. Johnson answered the door and they identified themselves and then he called me.
Mr. BALL. What did they say?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, they asked him if there was a Harvey Lee Oswald there.
Mr. BALL. What did he say?
Mrs. ROBERTS. And he says, "I don't know, I'll have to call the housekeeper," and he called me and I went and got the books and I said, "No; there's no one here by that name," and they tried to make me remember and I couldn't, and Mrs. Johnson come in in the meantime and there wasn't nobody there by that name, and Mrs. Johnson said, "Mrs. Roberts, don't you have him?" And, I said, "No; we don't, for here is my book and there is nobody there by that name." We checked it back a year.
Mr. BALL. And you didn't have that name you didn't ever know his name was Lee Oswald?
Mrs. ROBERTS. No---he registered as O. H. Lee and they were asking for Harvey Lee Oswald.

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/robertse.htm

CE 2003 located in (24H259) is the list submitted to Captain Gannaway through Jack Revill of TSBD employees. It is dated November 22, 1963. Heading that list is Harvey Lee Oswald at 605 Elsbeth. The Report submitted to Gannaway says it is coming thru Jack Revill. Page 3 of CE 2003, found on page 260, is signed by R.W. Westphal, Detective, Criminal Intelligence Section and P.M. Parks, Detective, Administrative Section. R.W. Westphal and P.M. Parks were both Detectives in the Special Service Bureau. Carroll and Taylor were also Detectives in that Bureau. W.P. Gannaway was the Captain and Revill was one of the Lieutenants.

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/pdf/WH19_Batchelor_Ex_5002.pdf

The list of TSBD employees reproduced in CE2003 can also be found in Box 5, Folder# 2, Item#101.

The index for this item says that this Intelligence Report was prepared by R.W. Westphal. The list shown in the DPD Archives is only page 1 of CE 2003 and shows the Warren Commission Exhibit page number, so it was included in the DPD Archives after the Warren Report.

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box5.htm

Lieutenant Revill told the Warren Commission that he drafted his report within 30 minutes to an hour of when he and Hosty had their conversation in the basement (5H39). The list of employees and their addresses were drawn up by Westphal and Parks, but Revill said he got the address from Bob Carroll. If, for the sake of argument, Revill got the Elsbeth address from Carroll, where did the name Harvey Lee Oswald come from? That's not the name on the library card. Unless Revill or Westphal got the name wrong as well as the address.

Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas

15 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

CE 2003 located in (24H259) is the list submitted to Captain Gannaway through Jack Revill of TSBD employees. It is dated November 22, 1963. Heading that list is Harvey Lee Oswald at 605 Elsbeth. The Report submitted to Gannaway says it is coming thru Jack Revill. Page 3 of CE 2003, found on page 260, is signed by R.W. Westphal, Detective, Criminal Intelligence Section and P.M. Parks, Detective, Administrative Section. R.W. Westphal and P.M. Parks were both Detectives in the Special Service Bureau. Carroll and Taylor were also Detectives in that Bureau. W.P. Gannaway was the Captain and Revill was one of the Lieutenants.

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/pdf/WH19_Batchelor_Ex_5002.pdf

Lieutenant Revill told the Warren Commission that he drafted his report within 30 minutes to an hour of when he and Hosty had their conversation in the basement (5H39). The list of employees and their addresses were drawn up by Westphal and Parks, but Revill said he got the address from Bob Carroll. If, for the sake of argument, Revill got the Elsbeth address from Carroll, where did the name Harvey Lee Oswald come from? That's not the name on the library card. Unless Revill or Westphal got the name wrong as well as the address.

Steve Thomas

The list of TSBD employees reproduced in CE2003 can also be found in

Box 4, Folder# 3, Item# 26 of the Dallas Police Archives, JFK Collection.

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box4.htm

and Box 18, Folder# 5, Item# 25

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box18.htm

At the same time Revill is preparing a Report of the names and addresses of the TSBD employees, (within 30 minutes of meeting Hosty) he is also preparing a Report to Chief Curry on the Subject Lee Harvey Oswald 605 Elsbeth concerning meeting with James Hosty at 2:50 PM wherein Hosty tells Revill that the FBI knew that Oswald was a communist and that he was “capable of committing the assassination of President Kennedy.”

DPD Archives Box 18, Folder# 5, Item# 3.

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box18.htm

It seems clear that the pipeline of information showing Oswald living at 1026 N. Beckley is not coming through Revill and Brian.

Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas

I've been slogging through the DPD Archives and haven't been able to find any Reports of Officers Duties that day from Brian, Westphal or Tarver where they describe making a list of employees names and addresses, which is a shame. Brian testified to the Warren Commission, but only describes searching the TSBD and said, " in fact, I didn't have time to (write a report of the Hosty/Revill conversation) because when I got back there they had a list of names they were going to start checking out and they handed me six of them and says, "Start going and checking here and here and here and checking these people."

Tarver and Wetphal did not testify to the WC.

Just as an aside, in going through these Reports, I was amazed at the number of TSBD employees who were standing on the Depository steps at the time of the assassination who, when interviewed in February, 1964, said they thought that the shots came from west of the Depository in the direction of the railroad tracks.

Steve Thomas

• 1 month later...

Why wasn't a search warrant executed on 605 Elsbeth St.?

Though that list of employees is dated 11/22/63, in Westphal's interview with Larry Sneed in No More Silence, he talks about going home, and then returning to DPD Headquarters to generate the list for Gannaway. So, I'm not sure what time of the evening that list was actually typed up. Revill told the WC that he generated his memo to Curry about meeting Hosty within 30 minutes of having met Hosty at 2:50 in the afternoon. Revill's memo uses the 605 Elsbeth St. address for LHO.
If the 605 Elsbeth St. address came off a library card, and Oswald was arrested around 1:50 PM and arrived at Police Headquarters at 2:00 PM, and Fritz began questioning Oswald at 2:20 PM;

Police were dispatched to the Irving St. address at 2:30 PM
They were dispatched to the Beckley St. address at 2:40 PM

Why weren't they dispatched to and a search warrant executed on 605 Elsbeth?

Steve Thomas

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2016 at 11:11 AM, Steve Thomas said:

CE 2003 located in (24H259) is the list submitted to Captain Gannaway through Jack Revill of TSBD employees. It is dated November 22, 1963. Heading that list is Harvey Lee Oswald at 605 Elsbeth.

Steve Thomas

CE 2003 located in (24H259) is the list submitted to Captain Gannaway through Jack Revill of TSBD employees. It is dated November 22, 1963. Heading that list is Harvey Lee Oswald at 605 Elsbeth.

Lieutenant Revill told the Warren Commission that he drafted his report within 30 minutes to an hour of when he and Hosty had their conversation in the basement (5H39). The list of employees and their addresses were drawn up by Westphal and Parks,

At the same time Revill is preparing a Report of the names and addresses of the TSBD employees, (within 30 minutes of meeting Hosty) he is also preparing a Report to Chief Curry on the Subject Lee Harvey Oswald 605 Elsbeth concerning meeting with James Hosty at 2:50 PM

V.J. Brian testified to the Warren Commission, but only describes searching the TSBD and said, " in fact, I didn't have time to (write a report of the Hosty/Revill conversation) because when I got back there (he said that he had been at the TSBD for about 2 hours) they had a list of names they were going to start checking out and they handed me six of them and says, "Start going and checking here and here and here and checking these people."

In the combined after-action report submitted by Batcheor, Lumpkin and Stevenson, Lumpkin wrote that Lieutenant Kaminski was placed at the front door with Roy Truly, and that, as each employee left, Kaminski got their name, address and telephone number, and Truly verified that they worked there.

See DPD Archives Box 14, Folder# 4, Item# 10, pp. 22-23.

In his Report on Oswald's Interrogations in Appendix XI of the WR, Harry Holmes wrote of the Interrogation on the 24th, that Oswald said that as he was leaving the TSBD, he was stopped by a policeman who took his identification. “and his boss stated that he is one of our employees.”

Meaning that, according to Oswald at least, Truly was there. The policeman asked him to step aside momentarily.

WR Appendix XI, p. 636

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=946#relPageId=660&tab=page

According to the Dallas Dispatch Tapes, at 12:49 PM, Captain Talbert radios in and informs Dispatch that “15's in charge down here. Correction, 5's (Dept. Chief G.L. Lumpkin) in charge.”

Between 12:55 and 1:00 PM, 15 radios in and say, “Think 5 and 9 (Lumpkin and Sawyer) both are in the building.”

There are two things here:

1) People have wondered through the years how the Elsbeth St. address got on the list of TSBD employees that was being drawn up within 30 minutes of Revill meeting Hosty in the DPD basement at 2:50 PM. I believe that when Oswald was stopped at the front door by Kaminski, Kaminski asked Oswald, “You got any ID”? And that Oswald gave him the only thing in his wallet with an address on it, his library card – which had the Elsbeth St. address. He was asked to step aside because, on the card, his place of employment was listed as Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall. Truly then confirmed that Oswald worked at the TSBD.

What this does not explain is the name reversal on the list; Harvey Lee Oswald; nor why the police were searching for Harvey Lee Oswald at 1026 N. Beckley

2) In his Warren Commission testimony, Truly initially told the WC that he informed Lumkin on his own initiative around 12:50, that Oswald was missing, but only after conferring with both Shelley Campbell, and calling the warehouse to get Oswald's information. Lumpkin however, wrote in his Report that Truly approached him within a few minutes of his arrival at the TSBD.

In his FBI Report, Campbell said, “Immediately following this, he observed the car rush away from the scene. He then immediately rushed into his building without having seen anything unusual from any window of his building. Inside he was told shortly thereafter by the warehouse superintendent, Mr. TRULY, that all the employees of the company had been rounded up and one employee, LEE HARVEY OSWALD, was missing.”

Truly was reporting that Oswald was missing even before the building was sealed, and even though, in his own words, several other employees were not there, he focused entirely on Oswald.

Truly's testimony gave the Warren Commission fits.

Read the second part of his appearance before the WC here:
http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/truly2.htm

They kept coming back, and kept coming back to when he reported to Fritz that Oswald was missing and tried to get Truly to say it was when the rifle was found. I wondered why.

Fritz testified to the WC three weeks before Truly, and he told them that Truly had approached him up on the 6th floor when the rifle was found. That was at 1:22 PM. Truly was telling them that he had reported Oswald missing at 12:50 or so. In his WC testimony, Truly makes no mention of his front door work with Kaminksi, but the WC already had Lumpkin's after-action report, and Holmes' Report of Oswald's interrogation, telling them that a policeman and Truly were at the front door taking names.

Just as an aside,

When Truly testified to the WC, he said he got Oswald's description from Aiken at the other warehouse off Oswald's job application.
Representative FORD. In your description of Oswald to Captain Fritz, did you describe the kind of clothes that Oswald had on that day?
Mr. TRULY. I don't know, sir. No, sir; I just told him his name and where he lived and his telephone number and his age, as 23, and I said 5 feet, 9, about 150 pounds,
light brown hair--whatever I picked up off the description there. I did not try to depend on my memory to describe him. I just put down what was on this application blank. That's the reason I called Mr. Aiken, because I did not want to mislead anybody as to a description. I might call a man brown-halted, and he might be blonde.

The only problem is, is that Oswald's TSBD application does not say what color his hair is:

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0118b.htm

Steve Thomas

21 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

In the combined after-action report submitted by Batcheor, Lumpkin and Stevenson, Lumpkin wrote that Lieutenant Kaminski was placed at the front door with Roy Truly, and that, as each employee left, Kaminski got their name, address and telephone number, and Truly verified that they worked there.

See DPD Archives Box 14, Folder# 4, Item# 10, pp. 22-23.

In his Report on Oswald's Interrogations in Appendix XI of the WR, Harry Holmes wrote of the Interrogation on the 24th, that Oswald said that as he was leaving the TSBD, he was stopped by a policeman who took his identification. “and his boss stated that he is one of our employees.”

Meaning that, according to Oswald at least, Truly was there. The policeman asked him to step aside momentarily.

WR Appendix XI, p. 636

According to the Dallas Dispatch Tapes, at 12:49 PM, Captain Talbert radios in and informs Dispatch that “15's in charge down here. Correction, 5's (Dept. Chief G.L. Lumpkin) in charge.”

Between 12:55 and 1:00 PM, 15 radios in and say, “Think 5 and 9 (Lumpkin and Sawyer) both are in the building.”

Steve Thomas

If you follow the official story, Oswald immediately fled the scene of the president's shooting and according to Truly, went "missing".

My question is, why did he stick around?

Steve Thomas

15 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

WR Appendix XI, p. 636

Steve,

(via the link you provided it says: "a policeman questioned him as to his identification"... slightly different from 'a policeman who took his identification' ;))

...from what I understand Holmes is talking about the 2nd floor encounter with Baker/Truly - although Holmes himself isn't overly clear on what floor it happened on. So not at the moment that Oswald was leaving but before it. (on his journey down). The policeman (Baker) asked him who he was (questioned him as to his identification) but just as Oswald was about to respond Truly came up and said that Oswald was one of his employees, Baker then told Oswald to step aside for a bit.  After that encounter, Oswald went to leave the building and 'at the moment' of his leaving someone (presumably Pierce Allman) asked where the telephone was (did Oswald not say at one point that he thought it had been a Secret Service agent that asked him where the phone was?) - as for the timing as to when that happened, of memory serves me right, Allman put it at about 3 minutes after the shots...

I think the WC testimony of Holmes might help show what I am meaning;

There was a commotion outside, which he later rushed downstairs to go out to see what was going on. He didn't say whether he took the stairs down. He didn't say whether he took the elevator down.
But he went downstairs, and as he went out the front, it seems as though he did have a coke with him, or he stopped at the coke machine, or somebody else was trying to get a coke, but there was a coke involved.
He mentioned something about a coke. But a police officer asked him who he was, and just as he started to identify himself, his superintendent came up and said, "He is one of our men." And the policeman said, "Well, you step aside for a little bit."
Then another man rushed in past him as he started out the door, in this vestibule part of it, and flashed some kind of credential and he said, "Where is your telephone, where is your telephone, and said I am so and so, where is your telephone."
And he said, "I didn't look at the credential. I don't know who he said he was, and I just pointed to the phone and said, 'there it is,' and went on out the door."

Regards

P.S. btw I'm a wee bit confused about your question of 'why did he stick around'. I'm probably just not able to follow the point. Apologies for that. :)

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=946#relPageId=653&tab=page

7 hours ago, Alistair Briggs said:

Steve,

(did Oswald not say at one point that he thought it had been a Secret Service agent that asked him where the phone was?)

Regards

P.S. btw I'm a wee bit confused about your question of 'why did he stick around'. I'm probably just not able to follow the point. Apologies for that. :)

Alistair,

You're right. I was a little sloppy in my research. That part about encountering a Secret Service Agent comes from Thomas Kelley's Report of the Interrogation on the 24th.

See Appendix XI, page 629.

According to Kelley, Oswald said that this Agent, "showed a book of identification."

And, you're right. I probably shouldn't have thrown in that bit about "sticking around" in this thread.

I just got to wondering, if the shooting took place at 12:34, and Lumpkin didn't arrive until at least 12:49, and that Lumpkin was the one who "placed" Kaminski at the front door, and Kaminski was the policeman who stopped Oswald there, that meant to me that if Oswald was the shooter, he hung around for at least fifteen minutes afterwards. Just seemed odd.

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

According to Kelley, Oswald said that this Agent, "showed a book of identification."

(As far as the 'story goes' ;) ) the person Oswald encountered when leaving the TSBD was likely to have been reporter Pierce Allman, (it has to be noted though that Allman subsequently couldn't say for sure whether the man he asked about the telephones was Oswald or not) However, on one hand (from Kelley's report) there is Oswald saying that as he left the building a young crew-cut man asked where the phone was, and on the other hand Allman, who was a 'young crew-cut man' said that he asked someone where the phone was, considering those two match so well I reckon it's safe to say that it was Oswald that Allman encountered...

... the difference is that Oswald told Kelley that the man was Secret Service and showed a book of identification and Allman was not SS and didn't show identification. The way I explain it is that Oswald may have just presumed the man was SS (or from a different agency) and wasn't actually shown identification but merely saw Allman's 'press badge'. It could also be that Oswald is just trying to 'buddy up' to Kelley; Oswald seemed to have an issue with the FBI (probably because of Hosty accosting his wife previously) and he asks Agent Kelley if he is an FBI agent, and when he tells Oswald he isn't and that he is actually with the Secret Service I can imagine that would Oswald would relax a bit, and maybe just say that it was a Secret Service agent to make a connection with Kelley.

Allman put the encounter at approx 3 minutes after the shots, so if it was indeed Oswald he encountered that ties the time down quite well. ;)

Regards

• 1 year later...

Warren Commission Exhibit 2003, located in (24H259) is a list submitted to Captain Gannaway through Lieutenant Jack Revill of Texas School Book Depository employees. It is dated November 22, 1963. Heading that list is Harvey Lee Oswald at 605 Elsbeth. Page 3 of CE 2003, found on page 260, is signed by R.W. Westphal, Detective, Criminal Intelligence Section and P.M. Parks, Detective, Administrative Section. R.W. Westphal and P.M. Parks were both Detectives in the Special Service Bureau.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1140#relPageId=277&tab=page

Though that list of employees is dated 11/22/63, in Westphal's interview with Larry Sneed in No More Silence, he talks about going home, and then returning to his office at the Fairgrounds to write up his report of a man at the Trade Mart with a “Free Cuba” flag. So, I'm not sure what time of the evening that list was actually typed up. While he was writing his Report, Captain Gannaway called and asked him to check the names of the TSBD employees against the Department's Intelligence files. Westphal said, “We had handwritten, partial lists; some of them, you couldn't read the names”.

You can see this reflected in the list in the entry in CE 2003 for Marg Lee Williams (actually, Mary Lee Williams)

In the DPD Archives, there is no interview or affidavit for Ms. Williams, just a handwritten note with her name and address.

DPD Archives, Box 3, Folder# 17, Item# 7

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box3.htm

Westphal did recognize the name of one man, Joe Molina however. Gannaway instructed Westphal to “bring the entire file down to his office”

https://books.google.com/books?id=7uT-47ysB5MC&pg=PA326&lpg=PA326&dq=Dallas+%22+Roy+Westphal%22&source=bl&ots=eii6yRhLo8&sig=nr0C2_dukxaBfdcQiFnDLg3ugKM&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt-9Xpi8nRAhVpwFQKHZBBDX0Q6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=Dallas%20%22%20Roy%20Westphal%22&f=false

V.J. Brian testified to the Warren Commission on May 13, 1964. He told the Commission that he was a “detective in the criminal intelligence section”, as was Roy Westphal. When the shooting occurred, he was at the Trade Mart. He said that, “...four of us detectives down there got in a car and we went to the Book Depository and we arrived there a short time, I don't know what time it was, a short time after the shooting occurred.
Mr. RANKIN. Who were the four you are describing now?
Mr. BRIAN. Lieutenant Revill, myself, a detective, O. J. Tarver, and a detective, Roy W. Westphal and we gave a man a lift, and I don't remember whether he was a CID, I don't know the man, I don't remember whether he was a CIC agent or a CID or OSI, he was some type of, as I recall, Army intelligence man.

He only describes searching the TSBD and said, " in fact, I didn't have time to (write a report of the Hosty/Revill conversation) because when I got back there (to the second floor office of the Special Service Bureau, located directly below Captain Fritz's office on the third floor ) they had a list of names they were going to start checking out and they handed me six of them and says, "Start going and checking here and here and here and checking these people."

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=40#relPageId=57&tab=page

(5H33)

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/brian.htm

I thought it would be interesting to cross reference the employee with the person who interviewed them, and to see if they were actually interviewed, or just had an affidavit taken. Most of the interviews were conducted by Detectives in the Special Services Bureau,

Batchelor Exhibit 5002 p. 3. Page 120 of the pdf file.

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/pdf/WH19_Batchelor_Ex_5002.pdf

although James Leavelle, Guy Rose, and E.R. Beck were Detectives in the Homicide and Robbery Bureau, Captained by Will Fritz.

Batchelor Exhibit 5002 p. 28. Page 145 of the pdf file.

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/pdf/WH19_Batchelor_Ex_5002.pdf

The list of employees is arranged in three columns. The first column is an employee name. Some names are misspelled. The third column had their address and phone number. The second column is headed, “REF.INT.” Almost all of the names in that column have the word, “NONE” in that entry. Two names: Joe Molina and Mrs. J.E. Dean (Ruth Dean) have the letters, “INT” and a number. I believe that these are people who were listed in the Police Department's Intelligence Files, as described by Roy Westphal to Larry Sneed. And V.J. Brian in his WC testimony.

If what I believe is true, I noted a couple of things:

1. Harvey Lee Oswald was not in the DPD Intelligence Files

2. Charles Givens, who had a record of narcotic arrests; and as such, would fall under the purview of the Special Service Bureau is listed as NONE. Is this possibly an indication that Givens was an undercover informant to the Criminal Intelligence Section of the Special Service Bureau?

3. There is no record of an interview of Buell Wesley Frazier. There is an affidavit, but no record of this arrest by the Irving Police Department, or of the hours he spent in the Dallas Police Department Headquarters.

Witness and Interviewer

The numbers that are listed are the Box, Folder and File numbers in the DPD Archives. For example 3-17-7 is Box 3, Folder#, 17, Item# 7.

There is a quick access to these Archives Boxes here:

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/index.html

Mrs. Avery Davis B.L. Senkel 5-6-54 Interview
Judy McCully W.E. Potts 5-6-6 1Interview
Ruth Nelson B.L. Senkel 5-6-64 Interview
Mary Hollis W.E. Potts 5-6-59 Intrview sp. Hollies
Vickie Adams James Leavelle 5-6-49 Interview
Charles Givens James Leavelle 5-2-25 Affidavit 5-5-31
O.V. Campbell James Leavelle 5-6-52 Interview
Otis Williams W.E. Potts 5-6-68 Report Missing
Doris Burns B.L. Senkel 5-6-5 1Interview
Mrs. Jim Reese O.J. Tarver and L.D. Stringfellow 1-8-15 Interview “Madie Bell Reese” 5-6-66
Edna Case O.J. Tarver and L.D. Stringfellow 5-6-53 Interview
Mrs. H.G. Whitaker B.L. Senke l5-6-67 Interview
Pat Lawrence Roy Westphal and V.J. Brian 5-6-62 Interview
Danny Garcia Arce W.E. Potts 5-2-5 Affidavit 5-2-3
Bonnie Ray Williams B.L. Senkel 5-2-62 Affidavi t5-2-3
Ray Edward Lewis M. H. Brumley and P.M. Parks 5-6-60I nterviewRepeated twice
Lawrence Ford No Report
Ray Edward Lewis M.H. Brumley and P.M. Parks 5-6-60 Interview of Roy Edward Lewis of 5906 Woodville
Terrence Ford F.A. Hellinghausen and T.T. Wardlaw 5-6-56 Interview Not an employee with Pierce Allman
Eddie Piper M. H. Brumley and P.M. Parks 5-6-65 Interview
Mrs. Robert Reid James Leavelle 5-2-51 Affidavit
Joe Molina INT# 2370-9-49 B.L. Senkel 5-6-63 Interview
Sandra Sue Kramer T.T. Wardlaw1-8-16 Interview Kelly Girl temp.
Mrs. J.E. Dean INT# 2392-16 Roy Westphal and V,J, Brian 5-6-55 FBI interview (Ruth Dean)  CE 1427
Jack Dougherty W.E. Potts 5-2-19 Affidavit 5-2-3
James Jarman (see Joe Jarman)
Billy Lovelady James Leavelle 5-2-34 Affidavit 5-5-31
Harold Dean Norman No Report
Carl Edward Jones No Report
Buell Wesley Frazier Guy Rose 1-6-21 and 1-6-25, 5-2-24, 1-7-5, 2-2-11 Affidavit No Interview
Joe Earl Jarman No Report (This is actually James Earl Jarman)
James Earl Jarman Unknown 5-2-32 Affidavit
Dorothy Garner handwritten on employee list No Report
Jane Berry No Report
Betty Foster No Report
Elsie Dorman
No Report
Mrs. Oliver Hopson No Report (not home)
Mrs. Alvin Hopson int'd by FBI agent Bardwell Odum 12/3/63 CE 2085
Betty Thornton No Report
Sandra Styler  No Report
Mrs. R.A. Reid James Leavelle 2-2-17 Affidavit
Geneva L. Hine E.R. Beck and FBI agent, Albert Sayers 1-8-20 Interview
Martha Reed No Report
Sara Stanton No Report
Mrs. Robert E. Sanders No Report
Herbert Lester Junker No Report
L.R. Viles No Report list says left bldg at 12:15 and ret'd at 3:10 was across the street
Mrs. A.D. Dickerson No Report
Marg Lee Williams No Report3-17-7 Handwitten note with (Mary Lee Williams) with address of
Mary Lee Williams by unknown author
Mrs. Herman M. Clay No Report
Georgia Ruth Hendrix No Report
Peggy Bigler Hawkins No Report
Mrs. William V. Parker No Report list says was across the street)
Delores P. Koonas (Koomas?) No Report (list says was across the street)
Virgie Rackley T.O. Trotman and I.E. Shelton (Patrolmen) 4-3-25 Interview (list says was across the street)
William Shelley C.W. Brown 5-2-56 Affidavit 5-2-3 (not on list)

Steve Thomas