The Education Forum

James Hosty and KGB Agent Kostikov

Paul Trejo

She testified that she let him type it at the dining table which was the only table. I think the 1963 Smith Corona's weighed from 12 to 21 lbs. Too heavy for a fold down desk secretary.

I'm distilling all the different testimony and press interviews to put together her version as best as I can.

You know the house has become a museum and that photos and floor plans are readily available, right?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris - thanks for the detail on Hosty's inbox. I don't mean to interject while you and Trejo are going back and forth. 

What I am asking is not why Hosty didn't see the cable. It's why, if FBI headquarters had received a CIA memo detailing a meeting between Oswald and Kostikov, they didn't make sure that a possible assassin with connections to Dept. 13 wasn't in a position to attempt an assassination in Dallas. Sending a memo to Hosty directly, and letting Hosty deal with it himself, makes no sense. Wouldn't Shanklin have been notified as well? 

3 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Wouldn't Shanklin have been notified as well?

Yes, in fact that's a claim that Hosty made. That Shanklin had read the 10/18/63 & 11/22/6 Cables and attached it to the file and that he had both the file and the cables when Hosty went to look for them before he left for the Oswald interrogation.

Edited by Chris Newton

Hosty claims to have gone out to the Paine's on Nov. 1st and Nov. 5th. On both occasions he spoke to Ruth Paine but never to Marina Oswald. On the fist visit he went alone and on the second visit he came with another FBI Agent because he was not allowed to conduct an "interview" without having another agent present. Per his testimony, which baffled the WC, he asked exactly the same questions concerning LHO's whereabouts and nothing else. In both interviews, Ruth Paine indicated she didn't know what boarding house Lee was staying in and "forgot" that she had LHO's phone number. According to Ruth the second visit lasted 1-2 minutes. Because LHO's address book contained Hosty's Texas License Plate number it was "assumed" that Marina "got the drop" on both Agents and had snuck out behind their car to get the plate number and write it down. Hosty claimed to never having seen Marina nor to have ever met LHO.

I was searching Marina's FBI 302's for information regarding the "Kostin Letter" and stumbled on this instead:

hosty1127.jpg

and while collecting what I assumed would be perjurious WC Hosty testimony I discovered this:

wchosty449.jpg

Edited by Chris Newton

Chris, regards to the "Undeveloped Leads" report you posted above;

Hosty and Brown are discussing Lee Harvey Oswald with Inspector Kelly ( please explain who Kelly is ) and Forrest Sorrels?

Sorrels himself hears about Oswald weeks before the assassination?

Oswald was known and important enough to be discussed with these guys that long before 11,22,1963?

Seems Oswald was better known and watched before 11,22,1963 by our most important security people more than is generally known.

Or was this meeting with Hosty and Kelly and Sorrels "after" the assassination. 

Thanks, JB

2 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Or was this meeting with Hosty and Kelly and Sorrels "after" the assassination. 

This was after the assassination but Hosty's WC testimony is that he only went to the Paine's twice (Nov1 & Nov. 5)  and never spoke to Marina. Additionally, his testimony to the HSCA was that both visits were brief, that he never went further in the house than standing in the front door and that FBI protocol forbid him from questioning suspects alone and that is why he returned with another Agent on Nov. 5 (to ask the same questions?).

Ruth Paine says that in his Nov 1st visit James Hosty spoke a lot to Marina Oswald.

It was no interrogation, but only an introduction to set up a future interview .

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

On 12.12.2016 at 9:45 PM, Paul Trejo said:

Ruth Paine's testimony is rock solid -- yet I would ask readers to remember that the WC attorneys fired more than five thousand questions at her, from all angles.  I don't know of any other court case in US History where one witness was pressured so hard. 

Here we have Paul Trejo again, employee of the RUTH PAIN WITHEWASH COMPANY ... is he applying for a job at the Ruth Paine Museum in Dallas? 
KK

On 12/14/2016 at 1:04 AM, Chris Newton said:

Thanks Tommy.

Speaking of good police work. FBI Dallas was told by FBI new Orleans that the Oswalds had apparently left New Orleans in a two tone station wagon driven by a woman who spoke Russian.

...based on this scant information that Hosty had at the time, how did he actually find out it was Ruth Paine?

Chris,

Hosty said that he stopped in Irving on his way back from Fort Worth. Has he ever said what he was actually doing in Fort Worth?

Isn't that where George DeMohrenschildt, George Bouhe and Max Clark all lived? Max Clark who first approached Oswald on his return from Russia, George DeMohrenschildt who shepherded Marina around everywhere, and George Bouhe who had "files on everybody"?

Steve Thomas

On 12/14/2016 at 2:40 AM, Chris Newton said:

I wonder why CE 103 is in English?

Oswald knew how to write in Russian (see here for example: https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth340234/m1/1/

Why write the Russian Embassy a letter that is not in Russian?

Steve Thomas

7 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Why write the Russian Embassy a letter that is not in Russian?

The only reason I can think of is that he wanted to type the letter and Ruth Paine's Russian typewriter was missing a key. It's weird because all of his other correspondence with the Russian Embassy was hand written in Russian (confirmed by Russian Embassy).

This further points to probable forgery but is not proof.

7 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Hosty said that he stopped in Irving on his way back from Fort Worth. Has he ever said what he was actually doing in Fort Worth?

Isn't that where George DeMohrenschildt, George Bouhe and Max Clark all lived? Max Clark who first approached Oswald on his return from Russia, George DeMohrenschildt who shepherded Marina around everywhere, and George Bouhe who had "files on everybody"?

That's a great observation.

Actually, I recommend reading this entire document (2 pages). The date of Oct. 27 is further confirmed by SA Hosty recollection that Marina had given birth "10 days before" the interview. I'd like to point out that the SS thought this pertinent enough to note the exact time, 9:27 PM, that SA Hosty made his remark.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10490#relPageId=241&tab=page

SA Hosty testifies to HSCA about his meetings with Marina Oswald:

Interesting quote, (page 456 lines 16-17); "I was not directed to interview Lee Oswald at any time. I had a lead to interview Marina Oswald."

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=60437#relPageId=10&tab=page

8 hours ago, Chris Newton said:

That's a great observation.

16 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Apologies for reversing the reply and original statement.  Haven't figured out how to delete a post yet.  

George deM. had left for Haiti by that time...just the same, an interesting coincidence...

Edited by Pamela Brown