The Education Forum

David Lifton teases Final Charade on the Night Fright Show

Micah Mileto

Just now, David Lifton said:

Not clear what you are getting at. Please clarify.  Be specific.  DSL

From the draft of High Treason 2:

Since he was my partner, I know that his M.O. is denial. Now you see it, now you don't. He has for a long time played a shell game with this evidence. At times I was shown different views of the back of the had. In one of them, there is clearly a line of small black crescents, a half an inch long and a half an inch apart all the way around where he says there is a matte line--just as though a can opener had been operating there. I ask him what that is--"I don't know" he responds. Sometime later he hauls out a picture of the back of the head again, and I can't find the crescents. "Where are the crescents?" "I don't know. You imagined that. There aren't any."

Well, Mark Crouch saw them too.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

From the draft of High Treason 2:

Since he was my partner, I know that his M.O. is denial. Now you see it, now you don't. He has for a long time played a shell game with this evidence. At times I was shown different views of the back of the had. In one of them, there is clearly a line of small black crescents, a half an inch long and a half an inch apart all the way around where he says there is a matte line--just as though a can opener had been operating there. I ask him what that is--"I don't know" he responds. Sometime later he hauls out a picture of the back of the head again, and I can't find the crescents. "Where are the crescents?" "I don't know. You imagined that. There aren't any."

Well, Mark Crouch saw them too.

Micah: I have no idea what this particular controversy is about.  DSL, 9/29/21

On 11/29/2016 at 8:37 PM, Micah Mileto said:

I remember Lifton stated in this Night Fright show that Connally being wounded in the shooting caused some kind of a "system overload" in the conspiracy. Does he still concede to this day that all shots came from the front, including Connally? He didn't really say on the show. I would think that the sole purpose of doing it like that would to avoid others being wounded in the shooting.

Please keep in mind what Parkland Nurse Doris Nelson told me in December 1982 (when I met with her, in Dallas):

1. Gov. Connally was shot in the chest, from the front.

2. I wrote about this on the London Forum, decades ago --this based on two pieces of evidence.

a. The account of Doris Nelson

b. Connally's account, as reported by his good friend --who's last name escapes me, but whose first name was Doug.  This was all laid out on the London forum, years ago. 

3. Why I used the phrase "system overload":

"I used the term "system overload" because I don't believe Connally was an "intentional" target (in the assassination, as planned); but, we can agree, it (the JC shooting) certainly did occur.

DSL(10/01/21 - 9:35 PDT; 10/10/21 12:45 PM PDT

Edited by David Lifton
syntax; punctuation.

On 2/3/2017 at 11:07 PM, Micah Mileto said:

Horne theorizes that the body was transported via helicopter in the shipping casket to buy about 20 minutes of time before the official autopsy started. The alterations/obliterations were done on the autopsy table in front of a few witnesses until the rest of the witnesses were brought in. Dennis David said he saw a (the?) shipping casket brought in just a couple of minutes after hearing a helicopter land very nearby.

FWIW: I pursued the Walter Reed angle in 1982 (approx).  I was able to locate people who was there that night, and as a consequence of those conversations, concluded JFK's body never went there.  However, and this occurred some years later, it seemed clear that there was some sort of planning to bring JFK's body there --but (again) that never happened.

On 3/2/2018 at 5:59 AM, David Lifton said:

Starting on the night of November 22, 1963, someone in authority at Bethesda called Parkland, and (apparently) spoke to Perry, and told Perry that he (apparently) was to blame for certain confusion at Bethesda, because of the tracheotomy he had performed

Do you know of any special source for this information?

On 10/1/2021 at 9:37 PM, David Lifton said:

On here and in the signet edition of Best Evidence, you mention a 1988 interview of Dr. Perry by PBS Nova. But Dr. Perry does not appear anywhere on that program, and I can't find any reference to such a Perry interview. Is this a garbled reference to Perry's 1992 JAMA interview?

I would like to suggest for discussion the following scenario:

1. Hulmes was called before the autopsy and advised he would need to remove the entrance wound above the eye and enlarge the rear headwound by hiding it within the scalp reflection process.

2. Hulmes made an incision through scalp from front to back and cut a notch above the eye with a saw. 

3. Due to the fractures of the skull he was able to remove pieces and allege the skull was incomplete, but not reveal the large rear hole. 

4. The early part of the autopsy was partially a charade to convince Finck that no shots came from the front. 

5. With foreknowledge I suspect this may have been very quick to complete and actually witnessed by others, without knowing what they were watching. 

23 hours ago, Eddy Bainbridge said:

I would like to suggest for discussion the following scenario:

1. Hulmes was called before the autopsy and advised he would need to remove the entrance wound above the eye and enlarge the rear headwound by hiding it within the scalp reflection process.

2. Hulmes made an incision through scalp from front to back and cut a notch above the eye with a saw. 

3. Due to the fractures of the skull he was able to remove pieces and allege the skull was incomplete, but not reveal the large rear hole. 

4. The early part of the autopsy was partially a charade to convince Finck that no shots came from the front. 

5. With foreknowledge I suspect this may have been very quick to complete and actually witnessed by others, without knowing what they were watching. 

Re #1:  IMHO: Humes was not "instructed" as to what to do. He was simply presented with a body that had "already" had a crude autopsy.

Re #2: Humes describes a body that -- per Boswell (per HSCA) had already been "flapped".  The flaps are plainly described in the beginning of the autopsy report (per Ch. 18 of B.E.)

DSL

Edited by David Lifton

On 10/8/2021 at 8:49 PM, Micah Mileto said:

On here and in the signet edition of Best Evidence, you mention a 1988 interview of Dr. Perry by PBS Nova. But Dr. Perry does not appear anywhere on that program, and I can't find any reference to such a Perry interview. Is this a garbled reference to Perry's 1992 JAMA interview?

Too many years have passed.  I'll have to recheck what I wrote.

1 minute ago, David Lifton said:

Re #1:  IMHO: Humes was not "instructed" as to what to do. He was simply presented with a body that had "already" had a crude aotopsy.

Re #2: Humes describes a body that -- per Boswell (per HSCA) had already been "flapped".  The flaps are plainly described in the beginning of the autopsy report (per Ch. 18 of B.E.)

DSL

1 hour ago, David Lifton said:

Re #1:  IMHO: Humes was not "instructed" as to what to do. He was simply presented with a body that had "already" had a crude aotopsy.

DSL

Many thanks David for commenting. I was trying to tempt you into providing more information from your new book, as I am persuaded that alteration was made to JFK's head above the eye, and I posit that the rear head wound could have been obfuscated with an autopsy incision. Perhaps your new book will persuade me alterations were carried out earlier.

10 hours ago, David Lifton said:

DSL

I forgot to add. . .

#3:  From the Jan 1967 "Military Review": Humes was instructed to "determine" the cause of death: (as I recall). As I recall, it was Paul Hoch --then a UCB grad student -- who focused on (and pointed out to me) the evident peculiarity of Humes being instructed -- by higher authority -- to determine the cause of death. Especially if, as Bethesda Medical tech Paul O'Connor told me, that when the body arrived, "the cranium was empty." (See Chapter 26, Best Evidence).

(Re cause of death: pardon my cynicism, but it was obviously not food poisoning; esp. considering the fact that (in Dallas) JFK had not yet reached the Trade Mart, and it was there that lunch would be served.)  DSL

Edited by David Lifton

6 minutes ago, David Lifton said:

I forgot to add. . .

#3:  From the Jan 1967 "Military Review": Humes was instructed to "determine" the cause of death: (as I recall).

(It was obviously not food poisoning; esp. considering the fact that (in Dallas) JFK had not yet reached the Trade Mart, and it was there that lunch would be served.)  DSL

ADDENDUM: Remember what Humes said to me when I got him on the phone (in Nov. 1966) and read to him excerpts from the Sibert - O'Neill FBI Report (i.e., that, when he received the body, there had (already) been "surgery of the head area, namely, in the top of the skull":

Humes: "I'd like to know by whom it was done, and when, and where!" (See B.E., Chapters 7 - 10)

On 10/8/2021 at 8:49 PM, Micah Mileto said:

Sorry, but too much time has passed. I do recall that NOVA was in touch with Dr. Perry; and possibly the producer, Robert Richter would remember. It would be helpful if you could perhaps post exactly what I said.  Keep in mind that Perry caught a lot of flack for --supposedly -- saying what he did at that 11/22/63 press conference, at 2:18 PM: 3 times, Perry either said -- or indicated  (using hand motions) --that the throat wound was one of entry.  (I write about this in B.E.)  

Another point: years later, during the HSCA investigation when Dr. Perry was in New York City, Robert Groden showed him the key ("face up") autopsy photo, and sought his comment.  Perry was surprised, even aghast, at what the photo showed.  Shaking his head from side to side, he made very clear that that did not depict the trach incision that he had made.  (I defer to Groden on this point but that's what I remember Groden telling me.)  Also note: Dr. Perry, when I called him, was quite specific about the incision that he had made:  His incision, he (Perry) told me (Oct. 1966) was "2 - 3 centimeters".  (1 inch = 2.54 cm.) Again: see B.E. for my account of calling Dr. Perry. 

Edited by David Lifton

10 hours ago, David Lifton said:

Re #1:  IMHO: Humes was not "instructed" as to what to do. He was simply presented with a body that had "already" had a crude autopsy.

DSL