The Education Forum

David Lifton teases Final Charade on the Night Fright Show

On 11/24/2020 at 12:09 PM, David Andrews said:

I don't mean to belabor, but isn't there a competing report, by a doctor, describing the esophagus as pushed to the left and bruised on the right side?  I'm sorry that I can't cite the witness.  It seems that this was at Parkland, and was used to describe the need for a wide trach incision and the difficulty of inserting the trach tube.

RE: (Quoting )"... and was used to describe the need for a wide trach incision.."   ("was used [as an excuse] to describe the need for a wide trach incision".  Let's focus on the word "used".  Used. . by whom?  Keep in mnd what Dr. Perry told me, when i telephoned him (October 1966) and asked, the size (i.e., the width) of the trach incision he had made.  His response: "2- 3 cm".  Contrast this with what Humes wrote in the autopsy report ( "6.5 cm") and when he testified (Spring 1964 - "7 - 8 cm")/  All this is described in detail in Best Evidence.  DSL

Edited by David Lifton
  • Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/4/2021 at 4:15 PM, David Lifton said:

RE: "... and was used to describe the need for a wide trach incision.."   (i.e., "was used [i.e., as an excuse] to describe the need for a wide trach incision").  Let's begin by focusing on the word "used".  Used. . by whom?  Keep in mnd what Dr. Perry told me, when I telephoned him (October 1966) and asked him about the size (i.e., the width) of the trach incision that he made.  His response: "2- 3 cm" (and, as I recall, he added that one didn't need an incision larger than that.)  Contrast what Dr. Perry told me with what Commander Humes wrote in the autopsy report, transmitted to higher authority on 11/24/63 ("6.5 cm") and when he testified in March 1964 ("7 - 8 cm").   All this is described in detail in Best Evidence (Ch. 11) - - which is devoted to the length of the trach incision.  DSL

Edited by David Lifton