The Education Forum

DVP's New Master Video/Audio Index

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely wonderful to find all the information here. Every time i take a look I see / find something interesting. Thanks for all the great work you are doing with this collection. Also I am looking for media coverage and information about the Chappaquidick incident involving senator Edward Kennedy. Does anyone knows where to find it? 

14 hours ago, Hugo Langendoen said:

I am looking for media coverage and information about the Chappaquidick incident involving senator Edward Kennedy. Does anyone know where to find it? 

YouTube's got a bunch of stuff (naturally)....

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Chappaquiddick

Edit ------

Hugo,

I'm glad you brought up the topic of Chappaquiddick, because it prompted me today to add something about that event to my video archive [I added the A&E documentary below, which is quite good]. Heretofore, I had nothing about Chappaquiddick in my collection. So, thanks for the inadvertent "nudge", Hugo. :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FbYD9LdwGClai8EsiFJescheeiiRQB05/view

Edited by David Von Pein

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________OJ-Simpson-Murder-Trial-Logo-2.png

Thanks for putting this up. Ive been reading a lot about the Simpson case the last few months.

• 3 years later...
3-Year Bump....

FYI / FWIW....

Here are some of the things I've added to my MASTER VIDEO INDEX in the last 3+ years (JFK-related and otherwise):

Three "Improved Picture Quality" videos:

WBAP-JFK-In-Texas-Logo.png

JFK-Arrives-In-Dallas-On-11-22-63-WFAA-TV-Version-Logo.png

Lee-Oswald-Is-Shot-NBC-TV-Video-Coverage-Logo.png

-----------------------------

I merged my 3-part "NBC Radio 11/23/63" series into this one-parter:

NBC-Radio-Network-11-23-63-Logo.png

There's some very interesting discussion among the NBC reporters in the above radio broadcasts from November 23, 1963, touching on such topics as:

....Can Oswald get a fair trial in Dallas (or anywhere) after Captain Fritz made his bold "This case is cinched" statement?

....Will the Cold War heat up significantly (if at all) following the murder of President Kennedy?

....Why is Communist China treating JFK's death as practically a non-story?

....Who was the main target of the assassin's bullets---President John F. Kennedy or Texas Governor John Connally?

Just Added! (on Dec. 4, 2019) --- Video versions of the last three Kennedy/Nixon Presidential Debates of 1960 (I already had the video version of the first debate), courtesy of The Miller Center (MillerCenter.org)....

JFK-Vs-Nixon-1960-Presidential-Debates-Marathon-Logo-2.jpg

On December 18, 2019, I found something on YouTube that I had never seen before---pre-1963 motion picture film footage taken in Dealey Plaza. This footage (at 4:04 in the video linked below) is from May of 1960, more than three years before Dealey Plaza became widely known:

WFAA-TV-Film-Of-Dealey-Plaza-Dallas-Texas-May-22-1960.png

Miracle-On-Ice-February-22-1980-Logo.png

Amidst the 10-hour video below, I've added 7 more hours of 11/23/63 (Saturday) coverage to my CBS-TV collection:

CBS-TV-Part-4-Logo.png

CBS-TV-Logo.png

Here are a few "CBS Evening News" broadcasts I added to my archives in August 2020. Some of the stories featured in these newscasts include the Charles Manson murder trial, the launch of the final Apollo moon mission, the tornado outbreak of April 1974, the worst loss-of-life plane crash in history, and the death of legendary crooner Bing Crosby. Plus, near the end of the first video below, 9-year-old John F. Kennedy Jr. gets a little airtime too:

CBS-Evening-News-8-3-70-Logo.png     CBS-Evening-News-1-25-71-Logo.png

CBS-Evening-News-12-7-72-Logo.png     CBS-Evening-News-4-4-74-Logo.png

CBS-Evening-News-3-28-77-Logo.png     CBS-Evening-News-10-14-77-Logo.png

And here's a 1969 newscast excerpt which includes an appearance by Dr. Russell Fisher of the Clark Panel:

CBS-Evening-News-Excerpts-1-17-69-Logo.png

On December 10, 2021, I added the brief video clip below as an addendum to my "News Media Errors" webpages. Take note of the slightly exasperated member of the behind-the-scenes CBS news team, who suddenly finds himself on the air right in the middle of President Lyndon Johnson's address to the nation:

AVvXsEjGrpWt5z2jyOM40uuJv8Q1MevJoIQtzvfPZov0fNvjDFldt5T1iLwjDTAxKd9N4zi9DJLHy-DkZRXeKX3msUeFY6WmucjaZG3JMwVMF90WgWeG2sS26lkLfAR7r2XXS4jDMMv0AbyXk7H78eq9AqIo1dFgGLZVNIGGPGFDUyT3TD9jeY_vCwBKmup9=s530

AVvXsEgPQoalNY4UoQ05S-FURg-_HRPUUdBF6acUMpsMUv6cahLPS0Gnt3SFTCjF_ka_iGuWQ72UPRS6z_MJ8Z-hmKUC0-0UfYuxeB2khx3UiZHxGkH1SPSCDJTZG0qL1wq5lCCHQ4QoT4hKp16cCY-E_Yj2jvWtm6hOSg2-lZmALKVh6LgMoRuuSuAV_VXU=s530

Phone%20Calls%20With%20JFK%20&%20RFK%20%28March%201963%20&%20May%201963%29.png

A January 30, 2023, addition to my collection of Cincinnati Reds baseball games. I attended this game myself. It was a great game too, plus all the Tony Perez ceremonies before the game (which are included in this video)....

Reds-Dodgers-Baseball-Game-September-21-1986-Logo.png

Edited by David Von Pein