The Education Forum

Nova Cold Case JFK " Head Wound GIF "

Robin Unger

7 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Robin,

Why does this photo look like there's a gaping hole in the back? (Or might be?)

That photo was posted on Facebook by Martin Shackelford

QUOTE:

Head from back autopsy photo--printed lighter than we usually see--damage visible in lower right back of head.

I don't agree, all i see is that the top of the head appears to be missing. ?

When i fist saw the back of the head photo 20 - years ago

it appeared to me as though the back of the hair had been cut, and that they had used a "hairpiece" to cover up the skull cavity in the top of the skull.

Similar to the way we see the doctors pulling the scalp forward to cover the skull cavity in other autopsy photos.

12 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I believe this photo is a hoax, designed to show the BOH wound. In all the copies I see of this view, the lower part of the scalp is pitch black. Just like it has been painted in. You can't get this from them IMO.

The skull flap in this photo also appears at first glance to be at a different location than the BOH photos show. Those appear to show the skull flap  forward the level of the ear, while this looks like it shows it firmly behind the level of the ear. Optical illusion?

wpid-be4_hi.jpg

00.+JFK+Autopsy+Photos+(Animated+GIF+Mon

Edited by Micah Mileto

Why does the head wound look so clean cut? If that was incised, shouldn't they do that after reflecting the scalp? And after taking photos to show to clear view of the natural wound? Other autopsy photos show something that looks like an incised wound as well, with very straight clean edges.

Edited by Micah Mileto