The Education Forum

Trump and the JFK Assassination

Douglas Caddy

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I concluded in my commentary at the beginning of this topic:

There exists the National Defense State whose purpose is to protect the national security and assure the survival of the United States.

Surely Trump is not so narcisstic and arrogant that he fails to recognize that the National Defense State will not tolerate him as President-elect and then as President dealing unilaterally with the Russians with only him and Premier Putin knowing what is being discussed and agreed upon. Again treason is being heard about an American president. Surely Trump has not forgotten why JFK was assassinated? Or has he in his early stage of Alzheimer’s dementia?  

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/veteran-spy-gave-fbi-info-alleging-russian-operation-cultivate-donald-trump

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296.pdf

This Joint Analysis Report (JAR) is the result of analytic efforts between the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). This document provides technical details regarding the tools and infrastructure used by the Russian civilian and military intelligence Services (RIS) to compromise and exploit networks and endpoints associated with the U.S. election, as well as a range of U.S. Government, political, and private sector entities. The U.S. Government is referring to this malicious cyber activity by RIS as GRIZZLY STEPPE.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

Mnuchin "used his position as a Hollywood financier to buy himself Executive Producer titles on movies."

I hate to tell these guys, but raising production capital and other financing is the chief criterion for getting an Executive Producer credit on movies.  It rose in the morning and shone all day, so it must be the Sun.

What they should be researching is how his cinematic flops affected his corporate loans and business tax write-offs.

Edited by David Andrews

The presidential election of 1968 also had accusations of "treason" reverberating in it, just as that of 2016.

https://consortiumnews.com/2016/05/13/lbjs-x-file-on-nixons-treason-3/

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/31/opinion/sunday/nixons-vietnam-treachery.html

Edited by Douglas Caddy

The really sad thing about all of this spear phishing is how stupid people are to fall for it in the first place.  Always err on the cautious side but, nope, they see a "your system has been compromised, change your password" or whatever and sure enough, they go ahead and click.  Instead of stopping for a moment and saying "Wait a minute.  Why out of thousands of others am I getting this?" and just deleting and reporting it.

As for JFK vs Trump, yes, two very different men with different agendas. Didn't Kennedy say, "My father always told me businessmen were son of bitches." And didn't Dulles himself say, after Kennedy's death, "That Kennedy really thought he was going to be president."  In other words, truly govern. 

But as for Trump, all we can do is wait and see.  I do understand why he won - there are many, many people out there who think the so-called American Dream is passing them by.  Unfortunately, what they don't understand is the dynamics of this country have changed dramatically since post WWII. The middle class boom from manufacturing jobs is long gone and with businesses constantly looking for ways to maximum profits - like shipping jobs overseas - those blue-collar jobs are not coming back.  Businesses are not content with making a billion bucks - they just *have* to make it $1,000,000,001.00.

I even blame Obama and his lack of grassroots efforts to find his true successor instead of it letting the Clinton "machine" hijack the nomination.  You might want to read this for more info:

https://newrepublic.com/article/138635/dont-blame-hillary-clinton

One other thing to keep in mind about the so-called low unemployment rate.  The jobs filled are service-sector jobs (restaurants; etc.) paying low wages.  They are *not* high-paying manufacturing and borderline white-collar jobs. 

8 hours ago, Tom Hume said:

Theodore Roosevelt on Patriotism:

"It is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else."

Teddy seems to exempt the president (like himself) for some reason. If it is also unpatriotic for a president not to tell the truth, then when is the last time we had a patriotic president?

As I recall, President Jimmy Carter said that he would never lie to us. Right off hand I can't think of any lie that he told. Right off hand I can't think of any lie that JFK told. (Well, I believe they put out a story that the Chicago trip was cancelled because JFK had a cold. That may have been a little white lie. Which raises an interesting question. Did JFK himself know that a trip to Chicago was too dangerous, yet a trip to Dallas, which I believe he called a land of nuts or something, was full speed ahead?)

Has there been any president since JFK, besides perhaps Carter, who didn't lie to us? I just wonder what Teddy would have to say about that.

Edited by Ron Ecker

Joseph McBride wrote on Facebook today:

We haven't had a democracy since 1963, but otherwise "Meathead" is on target. I am glad he appreciates the critical importance of press access -- which we are losing. Neither Trump nor Clinton was fond of press conferences. Trump now threatens to not hold them as president as well as to cut back on the daily press briefings and to do without the protective pool in many instances. That means if there is an assassination attempt or some other disaster, the media won't be there ...at all. Many people don't seem to care. On the other hand, the people who reported the Kennedy assassination accurately and photographed it were mostly the amateurs on the scene. The flatbed truck for press photographers that usually preceded the presidential limousine was left behind at Love Field when Secret Service agent Roger Warner changed the order of the vehicles at the last minute. Ike Altgens of the AP was right there where Kennedy was shot and made one important photo but failed to snap the head shot(s). Amateur photographer Mary Ann Moorman, standing near him, took the most important still photograph.