The Education Forum

The Handwritten Letter Compared With The Typed One, Et Cetera

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

I think that it means that Ruth Paine was either an Informant for the FBI or connected to the conspirators, I'm leaning toward the former not the latter.

She copied the one page original typed letter and this copy was given to Hosty at some date before the assassination and the only way they could explain the copy was to make up this elaborate story.

Please freshen my old and addled memory, Chris.

Does that (presumably handwritten?) copy still exist?  If so, is it viewable on the Internet?

Also, who typed the original typed letter?  What happened to it?  Is it the one Gorby gave us?

--  Tommy :sun

Also, could you please give me a link to that 10/18/63 doc you found?

Thanks.

Edited by Thomas Graves

1 minute ago, Thomas Graves said:

Does that (handwritten?) copy still exist?  If so, is it viewable on the Internet?

Ruth Paine's handwritten copy is in Box 2 of her collection at Swarthmore College, I can't find any image of it online.

3 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Also, who typed the original typed letter?  What happened to it?  Is it the one Gorby gave us back in the day?

LHO allegedly typed it, despite all the errors. I'm sure a copy was made when it was intercepted by HTLINGUAL but the version in the WC volumes was handed over by the Ruskies sometime shortly after the assassination and long before Gorby handed over the other files to Clinton.

I'm not sure how they got it... "we know you have a letter because we already read it..." lol

15 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

Yep.  Thanks.

The one Trejo didn't think existed until you showed it to him?

At first glance, except for the "Henry," I don't see any "barium" in it, just the perpetuation of the idea that Oswald had not only been in Mexico City, but had also been in contact with Kostikov there.

(I was hoping to find some more "barium meal" tidbits in it.)

So, this is the one that made it to Hosty's "in box" a few days later, but was then apparently / allegedly ignored by him until the assassination?  Or that he did read in a timely manner, but didn't realize that Kosty was KGB?  Or am I getting things confused, again?

Edited by Thomas Graves

1 minute ago, Thomas Graves said:

So this is the one that made it to Hosty's "in box" a few days later, but was then apparently / allegedly ignored by him until the assassination?

It was rec'd on 10/18/63 at the Dallas FBI Office and because it was "priority" I'd assume a clerk passed it to Shanklin and Shanklin would have put them in Hosty's workbox.

I don't want to get into the Hosty/Shanklin issues atm because that is another can of worms.

2 hours ago, Chris Newton said:

It was rec'd on 10/18/63 at the Dallas FBI Office and because it was "priority" I'd assume a clerk passed it to Shanklin and Shanklin would have put them in Hosty's workbox.

I don't want to get into the Hosty/Shanklin issues atm because that is another can of worms.

Chris,

Who do you think wrote CE103? (The handwritten "draft" that looks like LHO's writing, mentions Kostin, and has all those corrections?)

1 ) Oswald?

2 ) Ruth? 

3 ) Someone else?

Edited by Thomas Graves

6 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Who do you think wrote CE103?

Tommy,

I don't know. We don't have solid provenance for any of the drafts. The mistakes aren't logical, it was allegedly stolen by a third party and despite it's importance, we are asked to believe that after the theft it was forgotten until after the assassination. It's not like Ruth Paine could not have picked up the phone to say "Hosty darling, I have something for you."

What do you think they discussed during the unreported 10/27/63 meeting?

20 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

Tommy,

I don't know. We don't have solid provenance for any of the drafts. The mistakes aren't logical, it was allegedly stolen by a third party and despite it's importance, we are asked to believe that after the theft it was forgotten until after the assassination. It's not like Ruth Paine could not have picked up the phone to say "Hosty darling, I have something for you."

What do you think they discussed during the unreported 10/27/63 meeting?

I don't know, Chris.  I'll have to think about that one.  Maybe they talked about where to put the secretary.

It boggles my mind, though, that Ruthie (or another Bad Guy or Bad Gal) not only was able to duplicate Oswald's distinctive handwriting so well, but that she or he (or she) also went to so dang much trouble in including all those cross-outs and messy "corrections" in the text.  Just to make it look realistic, I guess.

Amazing.  Absolutely amazing.

Edited by Thomas Graves

1 hour ago, Thomas Graves said:

It boggles my mind, though, that Ruthie (or another Bad Guy or Bad Gal) not only was able to duplicate Oswald's distinctive handwriting so well, but that she or he or she also went to so dang much trouble in including all those cross-outs and messy "corrections" in the text.  Just to make it look realistic, I guess.

Edited by Chris Newton
removed link see below

BTW, Carol Hewitt first told me about all of this many, many years  ago.

On the phone she said to me, words to the effect, Jim you should read how Ruth explains to the Commission how she found the letter, its ludicrous. She tries to make it all sound so natural, but at the very least, she is spying on Oswald.

I should also add, Jim Douglass made some cogent comments about the espisode in his fine book JFK and the Unspeakable. 

50 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Jim you should read how Ruth explains to the Commission how she found the letter, its ludicrous. She tries to make it all sound so natural, but at the very least, she is spying on Oswald.

Jim,

I was "suspicious" until I started analyzing what was actually said and now I'm convinced that, at the very least, she was an FBI Informant for FBI SA Hosty.

I just posted this in a different thread but based on this reveal Hosty and Ruth Paine should have been charged with perjury (2nd Paragraph):

hosty1127.jpg

And that means that every piece of so called "evidence" from the Paine home should be inadmissible.

Edited by Chris Newton
refreshed image link

1 hour ago, Chris Newton said:

Jim,

I was "suspicious" until I started analyzing what was actually said and now I'm convinced that, at the very least, she was an FBI Informant for FBI SA Hosty.

I just posted this in a different thread but based on this reveal Hosty and Ruth Paine should have been charged with perjury (2nd Paragraph):

[the missing link was right here]

And that means that every piece of so called "evidence" from the Paine home should be inadmissible.

Chris,

Your "link" doesn't work, at least not for me.  Edit: Now it's missing altogether.

FWIW, Al called me one day "right out of the blue" to inform me that the rainstorm / thunderstorm they drove through that night between New Orleans and Houston wasn't nearly as bad as we CTers say it was.  We had several phone conversations over the next couple of months, and when I asked him if Dave cussed a lot, he said, "No."  IIRC, the first of the two times I asked him whether or not Dave was CIA, he said, "Yes."  I think he told Stephen Roy (RIP) the same thing once, according to a PM Steven sent me and which I still have. [...] Yep.  According to Stephen, Al finally admitted to him that before he and Dave met, Dave had been a volunteer with the local CIA-created FRD.

Edited by Thomas Graves

4 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Your "link" doesn't work, at least not for me.  Edit: Now it's missing altogether.

It's just the famous Joe Pesci "riddle" quote 18 secs - maybe language got it blocked idk. just search youtube for "joe pesci jfk"