Muchmore+2.gif

Edited by Robin Unger

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

Robin,

Thanks for these. The gifs you provide in Part 3 definitely show that white car behind Johnson's car driving down Houston with its back door open.

Is that Johnson's Secret Service follow-up car?

I wonder why they did that?

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Robin,

Thanks for these. The gifs you provide in Part 3 definitely show that white car behind Johnson's car driving down Houston with its back door open.

Is that Johnson's Secret Service follow-up car?

I wonder why they did that?

Steve Thomas

Yes Steve, it's Johnson's follow up car

Muchmore+8.gif

We also see the same thing in Altgens 6 and in the Stoughton photo.

The agents on the queen mary were free to run at any time during the motorcade, while Johnsons protection was stuck inside a car

maybe they left the car door partly open for a quicker escape.

ST-C420-21-63.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Robin, great clips that I haven't seen before.  I think you may have the 3rd car that cruised through the parking lot behind the depository in clip 1.  Not that it will do a lot of good because of how far away it is and how quickly it disappears, as well as not having a way to identify it positively.  The car goes from top to bottom of GIF #2 (following the boat), on the right hand side and passing behind the green truck.  It is a white, 4 door 1961 Chevrolet Impala, muddy up to at least the trim line below the windows.  I have been searching photos/videos for years looking for any of the cars and I think this is finally one of them.

Edited by Richard Price
correction of year/location of car in question

3 hours ago, Richard Price said:

Robin, great clips that I haven't seen before.  I think you may have the 3rd car that cruised through the parking lot behind the depository in clip 1.  Not that it will do a lot of good because of how far away it is and how quickly it disappears, as well as not having a way to identify it positively.  The car goes from top to bottom of GIF #2, on the right hand side.  It appears to be a white, 4 door 1962 Chevrolet, muddy up to at least the trim line below the windows.  I have been searching photos/videos for years looking for any of the cars and I think this is finally one of them.

Are these the clips you mentioned ?

Muchmore3.gif

Muchmore+1.gif

Edited by Robin Unger

9 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

Are these the clips you mentioned ?

Muchmore3.gif

Muchmore+1.gif

Robin,

I'm sure the car Richard's talking about is the one going from right to left and following the boat in the second part of the bottom of these two clips.

Lee Bowers' WC Testimony:

Mr. BALL - Did you see another car?
Mr. BOWERS - Third car, which entered the area, which was some seven or nine minutes before the shooting, I believe was a 1961 or 1962 Chevrolet, four-door Impala, white, showed signs of being on the road. It was muddy up to the windows, bore a similar out-of-state license to the first car I observed, occupied also by one white male. 
Mr. BALL - What did it do?
Mr. BOWERS - He spent a little more time in the area. He tried-he circled the area and probed one spot right at the tower in an attempt to get and was forced to back out some considerable distance, and slowly cruised down back towards the front of the School Depository Building.
Mr. BALL - Then did he leave?
Mr. BOWERS - The last I saw of him he was pausing just about in--just above the assassination site.
Mr. BALL - Did the car park, or continue on or did you notice?
Mr. BOWERS - Whether it continued on at that very moment or whether it pulled up only a short distance, I couldn't tell. I was busy.
Mr. BALL - How long was this before the President's car passed there?
Mr. BOWERS - This last car? About 8 minutes. 

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Magnificent study tools you have created, Robin!

Who would have thought Marie Muchmore might have captured one of the muddy cars seen by Lee Bowers from his rail yard switching tower?

I believe I see Patsy Paschall briefly in segment #4 & #5 filming her motorcade film from the open window on the 1st floor of the old red courthouse. Patsy speaks of her filming experience in a 1995 Dallas TV interview that you & Denis Morissette are credited as having provided the global public in a YouTube video I watched recently, Robin. Great work from down under, Robin!

In clip #7 I believe I saw the back of Phil Willis' head. The man on the Dal-Tex fire escape looks to me like he turns to his left (right to the video viewer) as if speaking to someone in the window.

I suspect the more your clips are studied in this much easier to analyze, slowed down format, the more information will be available for online discussion, Robin.

I, for one, believe your visuals expertise greatly helps the JFK research effort to answer questions about what truly transpired before, during and after the horrific ambush & death of President Kennedy. The research community as a whole owes you a great deal, IMHO.

Sincerely,

Brad Milch

PS: Have you ever boxed with a kangaroo? Who won?

(lol) (as I recall, Granny from TV's Beverly Hillbillies made the mistake of sparing with an Australian 'Roo' in one TV episode & the Roo got the best of the old gal!)

Edited by Brad Milch

Can I ask which version of the Marie Muchmore film you used to create these gifs.  I have the Groden assassination films dvd version which is not as clear and sharp as these if I'm recalling correctly?

No doubt Robin's work is always top notch....  

Just curious what you make of this statement by Muchmore claiming she "panicked after this (first) shot ran back to the office".
How did she wind up getting such clear images of the shot at 313 - where a few frames prio the image goes from jumping all over the place to almost perfect?

And does anyone else notice the frames where everything is in focus yet she is panning from right to left...?  Doesn't that suggests the limo is stopped or barely moving...
which in turn is the only way Hill can catch the limo in only a few steps...  If both were moving at 11 mph the minute Hill hits the ground the Queen Mary would keep up with the limo and possibly even pass Hill.  The limo at this point cannot be moving at more than 2-3 mph if at all.

Some some food for thought when considering "Muchmore's" film evidence.

Edited by David Josephs

6 hours ago, Brad Milch said:

Magnificent study tools you have created, Robin!

Who would have thought Marie Muchmore might have captured one of the muddy cars seen by Lee Bowers from his rail yard switching tower?

I believe I see Patsy Paschall briefly in segment #4 & #5 filming her motorcade film from the open window on the 1st floor of the old red courthouse. Patsy speaks of her filming experience in a 1995 Dallas TV interview that you & Denis Morissette are credited as having provided the global public in a YouTube video I watched recently, Robin. Great work from down under, Robin!

In clip #7 I believe I saw the back of Phil Willis' head. The man on the Dal-Tex fire escape looks to me like he turns to his left (right to the video viewer) as if speaking to someone in the window.

I suspect the more your clips are studied in this much easier to analyze, slowed down format, the more information will be available for online discussion, Robin.

I, for one, believe your visuals expertise greatly helps the JFK research effort to answer questions about what truly transpired before, during and after the horrific ambush & death of President Kennedy. The research community as a whole owes you a great deal, IMHO.

Sincerely,

Brad Milch

PS: Have you ever boxed with a kangaroo? Who won?

(lol) (as I recall, Granny from TV's Beverly Hillbillies made the mistake of sparing with an Australian 'Roo' in one TV episode & the Roo got the best of the old gal!)

Thanks for the generous comments Brad.

Yes it is the back of Phil Willis's head seen in the Muchmore frame as he prepares to take Willis 3

Willis3-Muchmore composite.

Willis_3-Muchmore.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

3 hours ago, John Butler said:

Can I ask which version of the Marie Muchmore film you used to create these gifs.  I have the Groden assassination films dvd version which is not as clear and sharp as these if I'm recalling correctly?

This is the restored version of the Muchmore film.

I downloaded it from the Associated Press Archive.

3 hours ago, David Josephs said:

No doubt Robin's work is always top notch....  

Just curious what you make of this statement by Muchmore claiming she "panicked after this (first) shot ran back to the office".
How did she wind up getting such clear images of the shot at 313 - where a few frames prio the image goes from jumping all over the place to almost perfect?

And does anyone else notice the frames where everything is in focus yet she is panning from right to left...?  Doesn't that suggests the limo is stopped or barely moving...
which in turn is the only way Hill can catch the limo in only a few steps...  If both were moving at 11 mph the minute Hill hits the ground the Queen Mary would keep up with the limo and possibly even pass Hill.  The limo at this point cannot be moving at more than 2-3 mph if at all.

Some some food for thought when considering "Muchmore's" film evidence.

Muchmore FBI statement - no images of shots made by either her or Wilma Bond.jpg

Muchmore frames suggest limo standing still.jpg

Picture_61_001.jpg

Picture_61_002.jpg

Indeed Robin...

And that camera speed....

http://shikan.org/bjones/Moviecam/Keystone-K32/k-32_p7.html

Her camera, like Zapruder's and Towner's and Nix's ran at either 12 or 16 frames per second or at slo-mo speeds of 24 and 48 fps.

Like Zapruder the FBI changed the speed of the camera so it would appear as if more frames are taken and thereby speeding up the amount of time actually elapsed.   NPIC did a 16 fps analysis on Zapruder that weekend as well.

Shaneyfelt's testimony does not contradict Muchmore's statement about not taking assassination images,

Dulles: You think she did?
Shaneyfelt: On the film there are pictures

And although the FBI's Gauthier delivers WCD298 to the Commissioners on January 20th which specifically identifies WCD298 as a complete & accurate representation of what happened, the FBI's Shaneyfelt will be involved with 6 more surveys resulting in the movement and/or replacement of every single measurement from the first 3 surveys.   With regards to January 27, the FBI performs another survey (Dec 2,3,4 was for the SS even though it becomes the backbone for the FBI's WCD298) on February 7, 1964.

Shaneyfelt being involved in "analysis" of this data only 1 week later and only 1 week prior to them doing another survey is very revealing to me.  Especially since WEST's 2/7 notes arrive at the same conclusion as the 12/5 SS Dec survey...  final shot at elevation 416.83 at station 4+95, not 4+65.  

All the Muchmore JFK frames determine is that the head shot happens exactly where everyone says it does... and in less time than any man can work the bolt and fire again, another shot 30 feet down Elm hits a target as the limo is speeding away.

The problem we have... if 4+95 was not really a shot...  where can the FBI put a 3rd shot and still keep the Boom.....Boom..Boom sequence... surely not up at 156 where many believe a shot was fired.

Overarching concern for the FBI was how to turn the reality of 4-8 shots into 3 and only 3?  

Initially they had 3 shot locations: 423.07, 418.35 & 416.83 - until ce884.  All are street level elevations where 1' vertical = 18.3' horizontal.  Since it takes over 2 seconds to work the Carcano (37 frames)  there MUST also be at least a 2 foot vertical change in JFK's location.  yet we only have 418.35 - 416.83 = 1.52 feet

1.52 * 18.3 =  28 frames = 2 shooters so the third shot goes away, shot #2 becomes shot #3, shot #1 move up Elm 12 feet and becomes the SBT at frame 207 (with JC reacting after 224 a second later) and NO SHOTS before adjusted z207.

Which Shots Missed?  The ones taken by a second or third shooter down by the foot of the GK stairs and the ones at the top of Elm accounting for the splices at 156/157 and 207-212.

Edited by David Josephs

Robin:

Do you have the Muchmore frames printed in Four Days from 1964? As a 12 year old at the time, I remember looking at those photos for endless hours during my 6th grade's library hour. I'm curious about the 'special finished film product' UPI described to the 1964 FBI.

It may be difficult for younger Education Forum readers to visualize just how few assassination visuals were available following the assassination & the year after. Life magazine published select frames from the Tina Towner, F. Mark Bell, Robert Hughes, Elsie Dorman & Patsy Paschall films in 1967. The public had no idea those films existed until then & as you are probably aware, any visuals Life magazine handled are suspect today by a good many as being alteration victims. It wasn't like YouTube is today, with a wide range of visual materials available for viewing & study. The Zapruder film wasn't shown as a complete film until 1975.

As I have followed this story, Marie Muchmore & her film seem 'fishy' to a lot of JFK students, researchers & hobbyists for a multitude of reasons (as David Josephs explains above). I don't ever recall seeing a photo of Ms. Muchmore or seeing or hearing a TV or radio interview with her. The name 'Muchmore' implies to some folks the FBI was teasing the public in that much more of her film existed that was monkeyed around with (lol).

I vividly recall Dallas Police Chief Jesse Curry appealing to TV viewers the assassination weekend to turn over to the Dallas police any film (photos or movies) the public took during the assassination. It appears to some writers that the public trusted the FBI & SS more that the DPD in cutting loose what they captured on film. I don't believe Abraham Zapruder furnished the DPD with a copy of his film the assassination weekend. That says a lot about public trust in local law enforcement, doesn't it? (lol).

David Von Pein probably knows where that Jesse Curry TV clip can be found in his massive WFAA-TV video collection on his blogs.

with respect & gratitude for your contributions to continuing history study,

Brad Milch

Edited by Brad Milch

9 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Robin,

I'm sure the car Richard's talking about is the one going from right to left and following the boat in the second part of the bottom of these two clips.

Lee Bowers' WC Testimony:

Mr. BALL - Did you see another car?
Mr. BOWERS - Third car, which entered the area, which was some seven or nine minutes before the shooting, I believe was a 1961 or 1962 Chevrolet, four-door Impala, white, showed signs of being on the road. It was muddy up to the windows, bore a similar out-of-state license to the first car I observed, occupied also by one white male. 
Mr. BALL - What did it do?
Mr. BOWERS - He spent a little more time in the area. He tried-he circled the area and probed one spot right at the tower in an attempt to get and was forced to back out some considerable distance, and slowly cruised down back towards the front of the School Depository Building.
Mr. BALL - Then did he leave?
Mr. BOWERS - The last I saw of him he was pausing just about in--just above the assassination site.
Mr. BALL - Did the car park, or continue on or did you notice?
Mr. BOWERS - Whether it continued on at that very moment or whether it pulled up only a short distance, I couldn't tell. I was busy.
Mr. BALL - How long was this before the President's car passed there?
Mr. BOWERS - This last car? About 8 minutes. 

--  Tommy :sun

edited and bumped