The Education Forum

Manhattan DA probing death of Dorothy Kilgallen

I smell a big fat stinking rat. Does anyone reading this know where one can find Kilgallen's columns? I don't recall Marcello being mentioned before Shaw's book as a suspect in her murder. I was not aware that there were extant notes of the book she was apparently working on. Anyone know differently? 

"In 1965 Dorothy Kilgallen managed to obtain a private interview with Jack Ruby. She told friends that she had information that would "break the case wide open". Aware of what had happened to Bill Hunter and Jim Koethe, Kilgallen handed her interview notes to Florence Smith.

On 8th November, 1965, Dorothy Kilgallen, was found dead in her New York apartment. She was fully dressed and sitting upright in her bed. The police reported that she had died from taking a cocktail of alcohol and barbiturates. The notes of her interview with Jack Ruby and the article she was writing on the case had disappeared. Florence Smith, died two days later of a cerebral hemorrhage. Her son, Earl Smith III, said that she had been suffering from leukemia."

http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKsmithF.htm

Edited by Michael Clark

1 hour ago, Michael Clark said:

And Trump steps up to begin the countercoup, and restore our rightful government that has been subborned to an heretical elite for over 50 years! March with our president as he shines the light, uncovering a dark past to restore freedom!

This could still happen. I'm not hopeful, but it's about the only hope I have remaining for this administration.

As usual Paul is right on.

There is absolutely no evidence that Kilgallen had targeted Marcello--none, as in zero.  That is Mark Shaw's own personal agenda placed on Kilgallen.

And unlike what the NY Post story says, there is evidence that Kilgallen was a drug abuser. She had been hospitalized 3 or 4 times in the last three years for substance abuse.

And no Joe, Marilyn Monroe was not murdered.  She died because of a mixture of two drugs from two doctors who did not know what  the other was prescribing.

My review of Shaw's book is coming out pretty soon.  The book is a mixed bag.  Not nearly as good as it should have been.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Mike:

Yes, she did have two brief interviews with Ruby in Dallas.  They lasted a total of about 15 minutes.  She never divulged what the substance of those interviews were.

She was addicted to Seconal.  And she also liked to drink.  According to the late Lee Israel, who did a much fuller and deeper biography of her than Shaw did, she had been hospitalized because of this problem.

But that should have no effect on the circumstances of her death. Because those circumstances do not rely on the Seconal addiction. 

I will discuss all of that in my review which is upcoming.

From the above article: "In another of her stories, Kilgallen claimed that Marina Oswald knew a great deal about the JFK assassination. If she told the “whole story of her life with President Kennedy’s alleged assassin, it would split open the front pages of newspapers all over the world.”

"Life Magazine also successfully negotiated with Marina Oswald the exclusive rights to her story. This story never appeared in print."

-------------------

Perhaps we'll be hearing from Marina soon.

Edited by Michael Clark

Dorothy Kilgallen did write that about Marina Oswald.  Along with a lot of other critics of the Warren Commission.

That other snippet you have from Simkin turned out to be false.  Florence Smith did not have the Kilgallen JFK file.

12 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Dorothy Kilgallen did write that about Marina Oswald.  Along with a lot of other critics of the Warren Commission.

That other snippet you have from Simkin turned out to be false.  Florence Smith did not have the Kilgallen JFK file.

Thanks Jim, I am digging through old EF stuff.