The Education Forum

Is that ... (Gasp) ... Billy Lovelady Talking With Gloria Calvery on the Steps?

A closer look.

Enlarged it too much. 

Lost the detail in the lady's face/head who's turning/sidestepping at the left corner wall.

Mentally turned it into an arm sliding up the wall.

Sorry about that.

chris

6 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

At first glance, it would appear that part of the possible Lovelady shirt is white.

Stairs.jpg

But, if you look at this gif, there is an arm (along the wall at left) moving upward.

That person appears to be between the possible Lovelady and the woman in black.

I believe what looks like a partial white shirt in the possible Lovelady, is actually part of the sandwiched woman.

In the very last gif frame or frame above, look just below possible Lovelady's chin, and you'll see more white appearing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrExtVD005OenRaTG5Sbl83b0U/view?usp=sharing

arm1.gif

Edited by Chris Davidson

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chris Davidson said:

A closer look.

Enlarged it too much. 

Lost the detail in the lady's face/head who's turning/sidestepping at the left corner wall.

Mentally turned it into an arm sliding up the wall.

Sorry about that.

chris

arm1.gif

That is correct, Chris. I wish however you would slow the gif down because when they are sped up like that - their "Benny Hill' effect distract the eyes from other details. If you must do this, then please show a second one as a slightly slower speed.

11 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I wouldn't bet on seeing the open shirt even if it is Lovelady. Why? Because Lovelady is known to button his shirt up for no apparent reason. Even when hanging around the TSBD steps.

Unbuttoned:   (Lovelady is on the far right.)

lovelady_in_hughes_film_1.jpg

And a few seconds later...

Buttoned:

lovelady_smoking_in_martin_film.jpg

Sandy,

Still waiting for you to explain where you got the information that  " Lovelady is known to button up his shirt for no apparent reason. Even when hanging around on the TSBD steps " ??? 

I am hoping that you didn't just make that up out of thin air so to try and seem correct. They call that "Fake News" these days. That is where someone invents a fact and then attempts to use it to support their position. So just for my peace of mind - are you the only source for  "Lovelady being known to button up his shirt for no apparent reason - even when hanging around the TSBD steps"?????????

hairline_zpswzoy5sw7.jpg

Also, don't be so quick to use the poorest images to claim to be able to make positive ID's from. For all we know this guy seen above with the BL hairline could be "washout man".

l.php_zpsvhzkaquj.gif

One more thing - did anyone notice in the Hughes film that when the policeman turns to step through the doorway that he exposes a man who looks like Howard Brennan? Looks like the same object in his shirt pocket to me. Perhaps Truly had spoken to Howard - just not until after he and Baker went inside the building.

BrehmEuinsBrennan_zpsxvqp8jzl.jpg

21.jpeg

Edited by Bill Miller

50 minutes ago, Alistair Briggs said:

arm3.gif

That 'arm' looks disjointed. lol And is that a 'handbag' hanging down from it? If there is someone in between the two, how tall must 'all black woman' be? Argh! ;)

Alistair (and other open-minded students of the assassination),

If the indeed IS a person between "Lovelady and W.I.B., then mightn't that person be talking to "Lovelady"?

--  Tommy :sun

1 minute ago, Thomas Graves said:

Alistair (and other open-minded students of the assassination),

If the indeed IS a person between "Lovelady and W.I.B., then mightn't that person be talking to "Lovelady"?

Could be, could be...

... they must have a very interesting hairdo though for 'W.I.B' to be looking at. lol ;)

Seriously though, I just don't see how there could be anyone in between the two, space wise, unless 'W.I.B' is a giant or the one inbetween is tiny. ;)

35 minutes ago, Alistair Briggs said:

Could be, could be...

... they must have a very interesting hairdo though for 'W.I.B' to be looking at. lol ;)

Seriously though, I just don't see how there could be anyone in between the two, space wise, unless 'W.I.B' is a giant or the one inbetween is tiny. ;)

Credit: Chris Davidson

arm1.gif

26 minutes ago, Alistair Briggs said:

Below, exact same gif just slowed down...

arm3.gif

Quick question, do you think that two people could be 'face to face' whilst standing on the same step?

It's a woman who is in semi-profile who is looking west towards the RR yard while easing up the stairs.

That Benny Hill stuff doesn't work like simply removing the glare from the image. It was the over contrasted lighting adjustment of sunlight shining off her shoulders and face that looked like a disjointed arm. What the gif Chris made does is show the stairs through the shadows on  the stairs. May have been Kamp that wanted to argue otherwise, but it is what it is.

woman%20on%20stairs1b%20copy_zps4yj9akj5

Edited by Bill Miller

1 hour ago, Alistair Briggs said:

Below, exact same gif just slowed down...

arm3.gif

Quick question, do you think that two people could be 'face to face' whilst standing on the same step?

Alistair

I don't think "Lovelady" and W.I.B. are standing on the same step, but one or two steps apart.  "Lovelady" is leaning forward during most of the GIF, and therefore appears to be on a step much closer to W.I.B. than he really was.

1 minute ago, Thomas Graves said:

Alistair

I don't think "Lovelady" and W.I.B. are standing on the same step, but one or two steps apart.  "Lovelady" is leaning forward during most of the GIF, and therefore appears to be on a step much closer to W.I.B. than he really was.

Ah, I probably wasn't overly clear earlier. I wasn't meaning that "Lovelady" (as you call it ;) ) and W.I.B were on the same step. More that, if they are only one step apart then there can't be a person in between because there isn't room for another person. There would be room for another person in between them if they were two steps apart but if that was the case then the W.I.B would have to be about 6ft2. lol

I suppose then all I'm saying is that there is no person between the two of them...

... (and looks like the 'arm' isn't an arm at all it's a woman 'peaking' round the corner and then 'easing her way up the stairs.

*That Darnell didn't make it easy for us eh. ;) lol

P.S. just for informational purposes in regards to the steps. This comment here from Ray Mitcham on page 10 of the Prayer Person thread gives the height of the steps and the depth of them too.

7 minutes ago, Alistair Briggs said:

Ah, I probably wasn't overly clear earlier.

----------

P.S. just for informational purposes in regards to the steps. This comment here from Ray Mitcham on page 10 of the Prayer Person thread gives the height of the steps and the depth of them too.

I see two arms, one black and one bare, but there seems to be no room for two arms or people.

Cheers,

Michael

14 minutes ago, Alistair Briggs said:

Ah, I probably wasn't overly clear earlier. I wasn't meaning that "Lovelady" (as you call it ;) ) and W.I.B were on the same step. More that, if they are only one step apart then there can't be a person in between because there isn't room for another person. There would be room for another person in between them if they were two steps apart but if that was the case then the W.I.B would have to be about 6ft2. lol

I suppose then all I'm saying is that there is no person between the two of them...

... (and looks like the 'arm' isn't an arm at all it's a woman 'peaking' round the corner and then 'easing her way up the stairs.

*That Darnell didn't make it easy for us eh. ;) lol

Dear Alistair,

Lovelady was pretty short (5' 6"?), so how about his being two steps above (a tallish?) W.I.B.?

That work for you?

(I do see someone apparently passing between "Lovelady" and W.I.B.)

Edited by Thomas Graves