Jump to content
The Education Forum

Is that ... (Gasp) ... Billy Lovelady Talking With Gloria Calvery on the Steps?


Thomas Graves
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Ray Mitcham said:

I disagree with your perception of the thickness of the lines. How you can measure accurately the lines on the shirt in the photo Lovelady in the DPD office beats me

Let us start here - do you agree that the white stripes on the shirt Billy wears here are not nearly as thick as the black stripes?

 

9 minutes ago, Ray Mitcham said:

Where and how do you think Lovelady obtained a shirt that matches the one that he wore on 22nd Nov 1963.

Plaid shirts were quite common. I was looking at some RR yard film from the assassination and thought i saw Lovelady, but it was another guy in a similar looking red plaid shirt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:


Tommy,

And yet Bill is perfectly willing to embrace Lovelady Man walking down Elm Street extension, even though that isn't a clear shot either.

I gave more reasons than just making up some nonsense about Lovelady being known to button and unbutton his shirt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Let us start here - do you agree that the white stripes on the shirt Billy wears here are not nearly as thick as the black stripes?

 

Plaid shirts were quite common. I was looking at some RR yard film from the assassination and thought i saw Lovelady, but it was another guy in a similar looking red plaid shirt

Agreed about the width of the stripes .

Maybe, but what are the chances tat the plaid would match exactly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

I gave more reasons than just making up some nonsense about Lovelady being known to button and unbutton his shirt.

Dear William,

It seems you're obsessing on the t-shirt and what Lovelady's buttoning habits were.

What about the bald forehead with hair on the side?  (Just like Lovelady's.)

--  Tommy :sun

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think anybody could find a plaid shirt that matches Lovelady's. (Not counting people who already happen to have one, like Lovelady himself did.) Even with the internet at their disposal.

Add to that difficulty the fact that the locations of the stripes, vertically and horizontally, match between the two shirts. On the body and (at least) the one sleeve. The odds of finding such a shirt are infinitesimally small.

That shirt had to have been custom made. Maybe even the fabric. Though it seems conceivable that a fabric sales representative might have had enough contacts that he could have tracked down a supplier or manufacturer of an almost identical fabric. But that's feasible only if plaids come in standard repetition rates. That is, the distance at which point the pattern repeats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Alistair Briggs said:

Righteo, fair enough...

... are you interested in seeing any of the 'unblurry' frames?

Dear Alistair,

Yes, of course.  But only if they are truly "un-blurred" and show Lovelady's bald forehead with hair on the side.  And not so small as to be useless, nor so blown-up (like Miller likes to do) as to to destroy the resoultion.  LOL

Thanks!

--  Tommy :sun

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Yes, of course.  But only if they are truly "un-blurred" and show Lovelady's bald forehead with hair on the side.  And not so small as to be useless, nor so blown-up (like Miller likes to do) as to to destroy the resoultion.  LOL

Of all the gifs you have seen in this thread, which one do you think would be best to try and extract frames from?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Alistair Briggs said:

Righteo, fair enough...

... are you interested in seeing any of the 'unblurry' frames?

Alistair,

All frames were extracted from "JFK" the movie, Blu-Ray version by Robin Unger.

He then uploaded them at some point for a limited time, so others could copy/acquire them.

Here are a few:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrExtVD005OTnVnS3l3ZWtjLTQ/view?usp=sharing

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrExtVD005OWXFfdzZOaXlNTWs/view?usp=sharing

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrExtVD005OeWVyVmVKMkVyaUk/view?usp=sharing

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chris Davidson said:

Alistair,

All frames were extracted from "JFK" the movie, Blu-Ray version by Robin Unger.

He then uploaded them at some point for a limited time, so others could copy/acquire them.

Here are a few:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrExtVD005OTnVnS3l3ZWtjLTQ/view?usp=sharing

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrExtVD005OWXFfdzZOaXlNTWs/view?usp=sharing

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrExtVD005OeWVyVmVKMkVyaUk/view?usp=sharing

Cheers Chris, much appreciated.

Quick question for you, what kind of 'loss' in quality would result in say just opening a gif to extract a frame from it?

Regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Alistair Briggs said:

Of all the gifs you have seen in this thread, which one do you think would be best to try and extract frames from?

The same blown-up one I've posted two or three times now in the last couple of pages, Alistair.  Here it is, again:

Darnellstabilized2.gif

 

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:


Thanks Chris. Awesome work!

Do you actually have to manually move each frame?

 

Edited by Sandy Larsen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

The same blown-up one I've posted two or three times now in the last couple of pages, Alistair.  Here it is, again:

Righteo...

... this is all I've done.

I saved the gif to my computer. Opened it as layers with the programme G.I.M.P, which puts it in the individual frames. Saved the individual frames. (There was only 8 frames in that gif)

Some of the frames are more 'blurry' than others, and I don't know how good the rest of them are for what you are seeing...

I put them up for you to view here let me know which numbers are best for you.

Regards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...