The Education Forum

Is that ... (Gasp) ... Billy Lovelady Talking With Gloria Calvery on the Steps?

16 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:
6 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I am asking everyone here not to believe Bill Miller's accusations against me. I do NOT intentionally choose lesser evidence over better to make my points. And I am not generally inept with images.

Sandy,

Still waiting for you to explain where you got the information that  " Lovelady is known to button up his shirt for no apparent reason. Even when hanging around on the TSBD steps "

I got it from the Martin and Hughes films, and I've shown it to you multiple times. You just refuse to believe it.

Did you look for the gap in the Hughes clip? During which time Lovelady must have buttoned his shirt up?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came across this and figured I would post it here. I am sure Y'all "already knew that"....

38) Peggy Joyce Hawkins---she was on the front steps of the TSBD and "…estimated that the President's car was less than 50 feet away from her when he was shot, that the car slowed down almost coming to a full stop." [Murder From Within by Fred Newcomb & Perry Adams (1974), p. 97]; 

39) Billy Lovelady---"I recall that following the shooting, I ran toward the spot where President Kennedy's car had stopped." [22 H 662];

21 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

good one, actually

Question:  Can you see the hair on the side of his bald forehead in this GIF?

Darnellstabilized2.gif

--  Tommy :sun

Your clip is a washed out piece of morphing garbage which is shot full of artifacts. It's so unreliable that several researchers here couldn't tell if they were looking at a disjointed arm coming from the woman in black or something else.

19 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

39) Billy Lovelady---"I recall that following the shooting, I ran toward the spot where President Kennedy's car had stopped."

Yeah, and he said that he and Shelley stayed there for 5 minutes.

Which again is another reason not to believe that they are the two guys walking down Elm Street extension just seconds after the shooting.

Almost everything points to them not being those two guys.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

26 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Were you his source, Thomas?  Help him out and tell me that it was you that told him that it was known that Lovelady went around buttoning and unbuttoning his shirt for no apparent reason at all -  because someone made that story up - so do you want to own it for him?

Sorry William,

I honestly don't understand your paranoid-sounding question(s) / rhetorical statement(s).

Could you rephrase them, please?

Thanks,

13 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:
40 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

good one, actually

Question:  Can you see the hair on the side of his bald forehead in this GIF?

Darnellstabilized2.gif

Your clip is a washed out piece of morphing garbage which is shot full of artifacts. It's so unreliable that several researchers here couldn't tell if they were looking at a disjointed arm coming from the woman in black or something else.

Tommy,

And yet Bill is perfectly willing to embrace Lovelady Man walking down Elm Street extension, even though that isn't a clear shot either.

22 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

LOL

Would anyone else care to express their opinion as to whether or not they can see hair on the side of "Lovelady's bald forehead in the few un-blury frames in this GIF?

If so, do you agree with William's suggestion that said "hair" is nothing but a photographic "artifact?"

Thanks,

Darnellstabilized2.gif

Edited by Thomas Graves

2 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Ray,

There are a couple of things that stand out to me, so I will mention the most obvious one so to save time.

Are you able to see that the black lines are 2.5X wider than the white lines on the shirt Lovelady posed with on the steps? Take a close look - get out a ruler and place it onto your screen if you like. The shirt Billy Lovelady is wearing on assassination day shows the black and while lines to be very uniform to one another. I will go out on a limb right off and say that the washing machine did not cause the white lines to narrow over time.

ce771a7d-b4ba-46ee-8fb3-0ddb84dc49b2_zps

The assassination day shirt Lovelady wore shows black and white stripes of what appears to be equal size, and at least for closer to the same size than the Lovelady shirt shows on the front steps photo.

b5aeb1a8-3c2c-41cb-8fe3-eff7358e9c12_zps

Now I know that some people have said Lovelady's shirt must have shrunk in the washing machine, but that is not what the evidence of those stripe widths tell me.

I disagree with your perception of the thickness of the lines. How you can measure accurately the lines on the shirt in the photo Lovelady in the DPD office beats me.

Do you  not see how the join of the shirt the sleeve perfectly match in both of the photos?

We've had this discussion about it not being the same shirt here,

Where some posters said that there was a pocket in the Groden photo but not in the DPD photo, which was shown to be incorrect.

Where and how do you think Lovelady obtained a shirt that matches the one that he wore on 22nd Nov 1963.

6 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

LOL

Would anyone else care to express their opinion as to whether or not they can see hair on the side of "Lovelady's bald forehead in the few un-blury frames in this GIF?

If so, do you agree with William's suggestion that said "hair" is nothing but a photographic "artifact?"

Thanks,

Darnellstabilized2.gif

bumped

6 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

34 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Were you his source, Thomas?  Help him out and tell me that it was you that told him that it was known that Lovelady went around buttoning and unbuttoning his shirt for no apparent reason at all -  because someone made that story up - so do you want to own it for him?

Sorry William....

Bill,

Would it help if I told you that I was being playful when I wrote that sentence?* Maybe if you weren't so uptight about things you would have recognized that.

My only reason for making that post was to point out that Lovelady might have buttoned up his shirt before Darnell caught him on film, like he did before Martin caught him on film. For that matter, he could have buttoned up before Darnell regardless of what happened with Martin.

*Not to say the sentence isn't true.

19 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Yeah, and he said that he and Shelley stayed there for 5 minutes.

Which again is another reason not to believe that they are the two guys walking down Elm Street extension just seconds after the shooting.

Where did you read that Lovelady ran to the spot where Kennedy was shot and stayed there for 5 minutes?

1 hour ago, Thomas Graves said:

Does your definition of "picture" include GIF's?

Nice try, it's just, in your very first post you said:

On 14/02/2017 at 3:04 AM, Thomas Graves said:

In some of the un-blurry "frames" of this GIF you can see Lovelady's white t-shirt under his darker shirt, his eyes and mouth, and hair on the side of his bald forehead.

Can you show even just one of the 'un-blurry' frames/pictures that shows what you say you see. That is a genuine request btw.

6 minutes ago, Ray Mitcham said:

Do you  not see how the join of the shirt the sleeve perfectly match in both of the photos?

I've studied the shirt very carefully and I have to agree with Ray on this point.

Still, I do find Bill's observation intriguing. I wonder if it possible for film to experience some kind of "blooming distortion." Blooming is an old CRT (cathode ray tube, or TV tube) term used for a phenomenon where an overly bright area gets larger than it really is. In the case of CRTs it occurs because a strong electron beam loses focus.

9 minutes ago, Alistair Briggs said:

Can you show even just one of the 'un-blurry' frames/pictures that shows what you say you see. That is a genuine request btw.

9 minutes ago, Alistair Briggs said:

Dear Alistair,

Evidently, my saying "frames" led you to believe that I have, either in hand or on my hard-drive, individual frames from this GIF.

If that's the case, then I apologize  for having used the wrong terminology.  Perhaps I should have said "very very very short sections," or something to that effect, instead.

Please realize that you're talking to a 67-year-old guy here who's not only intellectually-challenged, but technically-challenged, as well.

Thanks,

PS  What's with the "nice try" BS?

Edited by Thomas Graves

19 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Where did you read that Lovelady ran to the spot where Kennedy was shot and stayed there for 5 minutes?

I didn't read that anywhere. I read that Lovelady ran TOWARD the spot that Kennedy was shot and remained there for 5 minutes. Which I took to mean the concrete island where the traffic light is, since that is what both he and Shelley said.

Elsewhere, at least one of them said they stayed at the island for, either one minute or a minute and a half... I don't remember which. After which they walked down Elm Street extension. That also contradicts the two guys seen in the Darnell film.