The Education Forum

Jeff Carter Reviews 26 Seconds by Alexandra Zapruder

Well, how good can it be if Max Holland was her consultant and he recommended the jet effect to her?

And she sued American Grotesque as her reference for the Clay Shaw trial.  Did the ARRB happen?  I think so.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/alexandra-zapruder-26-seconds-a-personal-history-of-the-zapruder-film-part-1

This book was a huge waste of time for me, Jim. Alexandra didn't...:

1. Tell us where Abraham Zapruder was, what he was doing & what was happening with his film during those several hours Life Magazine's Dick Stolley kept calling Zapruder's house, feverishly trying to set up a meeting where he could pitch Zapruder for his film (it's been suggested that someone put a gun to Zapruder's head & took his film to NPIC & then on to Hawkeye Works to be tricked out).

2. Tell us if Abe Zapruder shared his wealth with his filming partner, his receptionist, Marilyn Sitzman. One good shove from Marilyn (on the pedestal steadying Mr. Z) & there would have been no Z-film (lol).

3. Give us an accurate account of when the Z-film was looked at when NPIC received it. NPIC had the film the assassination weekend, much sooner than the December 1963 time period Alexandria gives us.

4. Explain to us why her grandfather (in his WC testimony) did not recognize the end of the reflecting pool (where Brennen was seated), the ornamental  wall behind it (closer to Zapruder & Sitzman) as something he filmed, thought he had cleared the Stemmons sign & where exactly (in z-fames) he told the WC JFK was first shot.

5. Mr. Z's private comments with his family about his WC & Clay Shaw trial testimony.

6. tell us why her grandfather avoided interviews until he died when the atmosphere was full of conspiracy allegations & theories (1967 CBS TV JFK special being an exception).

7. Address the new & recent research concerning reported activity that occurred during the filming of the Zapruder film that is not seen in his film (this includes SS agents dismounting the SS "Queen Mary' to surround the JFK parade car & then rush the north knoll, DPD motorcycle officer Chaney riding past the stricken JFK parade car to Chief Curry to inform him JFK had been shot in the head, the missing limo turn onto Elm Street from Houston Street, The scene depicting JFK being thrown violently forward (Dan Rather TV description) and the limo stop on Elm Street near the Newman family).

I suspect Alexandria does not want to bite the hand that fed her family so well all these years as she rides on & cashes in on the Zapruder name (like the surviving family members/relatives are desperate for more money than they've already received, right?). Alexandria should leave roasting CT advocates to the pros & quietly enjoy the wealth she accidentally inherited IMHO. It's sad (to me) that fate wasn't kinder to the Newman family that had left their home movie camera at home before positioning themselves in front of Zapruder & Sitzman. I have no doubt in my mind that their home movie would have missed all the obstacles that frustrate viewers & researchers in the Z-film, producing a superior film. IMHO, the big bucks was wasted on Mr. Zapruder's amateurish, sloppy, shaky effort. That, & skipping over the DPD with his film (when the DPD was asking Dallas citizens to furnish them with films & photos to help them in their investigation of the JFK ambush) & kissing up to the Feds instead tells me a lot about Zapruder's character.

The Newmans were THERE when the 'Big Event' happened in front of their eyes; Alexandria might have sat on her grandfather's lap once or twice when he dresses up & played 'Santa' long afterwards. For me, the Newmans would be a better choice in source materials for those trying to understand the case.

Respectfully & Sincerely,

Brad Milch

Edited by Brad Milch

Well, I think the review pretty much says that the book is simply like a vanity project.

There is not much of value in it.  I mean how could there be if Holland is her consultant and she uses American Grotesque to characterize the Clay Shaw trial.   I mean that was OK when Paul Hoch was publishing his  (obsolete)  Echoes of Conspiracy.   But  today, with all the pages declassified by the ARRB on the Garrison inquiry, I mean that is  like driving the Ventura freeway in a  tricycle.

But this is the MSM in all of its futile meanderings.

Edited by James DiEugenio

I agree totally, Jim.

Jeff Carter's review is a good read, but for me, it's difficult to enjoy it while cursing at Alexandra Zapruder for being a sell out (lol). She & Clint Hill would make a perfect couple IMHO.

I forgot to mention in my list above of where I feel Alexandra Zapruder fails as a responsible journalist to cast light on probably the one question that's on the most minds concerning Mr. Zapruder & his shaky, jumpy, brief home movie:

#8 - Just what exactly did Abraham Zapruder & the visuals technicians assisting him view when his film was processed & screened by Dallas visual technicians as a quality check? Where any of those topics listed in #7 present in the film when Mr. Z. & those developing/screening his film projected it when it was 'hot off the presses', before it landed in Federal  & MSM hands? It's the one question that's the most avoided, the most skipped over in interviews & analysis.

I look at it like this: no one knew better than Abraham Zapruder if his movie had been monkeyed around with by those who obtained either copies of the film or the original film itself. I ask myself if I could have kept knowledge that such had occurred from my immediate family & relatives unless I thought their lives would be in danger if I told them what I knew.

Where was the danger in the JFK case? Right there with the officials that replaced JFK & subsequently pretended to investigate his murder. In an environment like that, I can understand Mr. Zapruder tip-toeing around the issues, but his granddaughter doing the same dance decades later, I cannot.

I suspect a good many people that read Alexandra's worthless book (I read it at my local library for free, but I wasn't very happy with it) & follow up with Jeff Carter's review may come away from it all with the feeling that they'd like to have the hours back they wasted & hope Alexandra Zapruder enjoys spending her grandfather's fortune while applying herself to something she's probably a lot better at than writing books: making pizza.

I saved Max Holland for last. Distinguished JFK author/animator/consultant Dale Meyers routinely carves Max up, chews, & regurgitates anything Holland publishes online; clearly demonstrating that even a dedicated LN advocate can't stand him (lol)

BM

Edited by Brad Milch

Jim, thanks for posting this review.  It hits many points I personally have always believed in, one being how the guy from LIFE was actually trying to say that Kennedy turned all the way around to take the throat shot.  Ridiculous.

And I'm putting this here regarding the ridiculous jet effect nonsense.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Hr9Lrku-CxU0V1ck1GZFN6TWM

@Michael Walton:

I vividly recall as an 11-year old being asked by our teacher (Mrs. Rodgers) to gather around her desk, look at the Life Magazine she had displayed & find for her in the Z-frames Life magazine published just where JFK looked back at the TSBD & was shot in the throat (as Life claimed was seen in the Z-film). None of us could. Neither could Mrs. Rodgers.

Years later, when I learned that both the SS & FBI of that time had Zapruder film copies when Life published that disinformation, I wondered why neither agency complained about what Life published if it wasn't factual.

When the WC was first published & Mark Lane drew attention to the splices in the Z-film, my first thought was that JFK's supposed 'turning back to look at the TSBD & being shot in the throat by LHO' had been edited out of the film.

Sincerely,

Brad Milch

Edited by Brad Milch

To me that Life Magazine thing with Paul Mandel, that had to be CD Jackson at work.

I mean how else does one explain it?  No one could look at the film and say that.

Best case scenario for Mandel is that he actually did not write it, but the article went up the command and Jackson told the editors to put it in.