The Education Forum

JFK Assassination Film Hoax

John Costella

Chris George wrote:

[...]

Having also read the Hoax site but not, I admit, having read Fetzer's Film Hoax book, I don't find the arguments on the website too convincing. 

Jack White seems to imply that the whole Zapruder film is a hoax but I would say to that there is simply far too much to fake

[...]

Might want to read the book before making to conclusions...

I suspect there are more contributors on the site that agree the 'entire' film is a fraud...

as to too much to fake -- your knowledge of the timeline - your experience in film compositing is?

Bet we get to the bottom of the JFK assassination before you finishing thrashing out Jack 'da Ripper --   :rolleyes:

David Healy

Hi David

Thanks for your reply, David. As you advise, I will seek out Fetzer's Film Hoax book.

You might be right about the JFK assassination being solved before Jack the Ripper ... however studies in neither area are helped by people manufacturing "evidence" were there is none or letting their conspiracy fancies run away with them.

All my best

Chris

Edited by Christopher T. George

• 5 months later...
Fetzer's Film Hoax is available on the web in abbreviated form. It is not very convincing. He believes the entire Zapruder film is a special effects project, with pasted figures of JFK, Jackie and the Connallys placed over a limousine filmed empty, etc. It hinges on some less than convincing problems with the exact angle of the Stemmons Freeway sign and the lamp post.

dgh01: "less than convincing..." are you suggesting the 'physics' are incorrect, or just difficult to believe?

I reviewed the entire site carefully. While I believe the key Headshot Frames may have been doctored in a similar manner to the autopsy films, and the provenance and authenticity of the publicly available prints are highly problematic, the Fetzer theory is not supported by the evidence.

dgh01: What evidence might that be? Surely not Gary Mack, Tink Thompson told me so....?

This thread only makes sense if you have reqad the book or clicked through the HOAX site. I was not convinced that the film was one big special effect. I do believe the wounds may have been retouched, and that frames were removed to downplay the 1963 Secret Service braking to a near stop in the middle of the ambush.

dgh01: something is better than nothing, I suppose! There is something WRONG with the Z-film, if it's altered, the whole world has been lied too, WHY?

David Healy

Shanet

====================================================================

David;

You have been informed of the "WHY"?

Just that you and others are not ready to throw away the pre-& misconceived notions that the entire episode is in regards to conspiracy to assassinate or cover up for the conspiracy.

Tom

P.S. The "running man" still has secrets not yet revealed.

[Editor's Note: Research on the recreation of the home movie of the death of JFK attributed to Abraham Zapruder continues to this day. Here, the leading technical expert on the film provides an introduction to some of the most important indications of fakery. Those who would like to pursue this complex and fascinating subject may want to consult the studies found in THE GREAT ZAPRUDER FILM HOAX.]

http://www.users.bigpond.com/costella/jfk/intro

"the leading technical expert on the film " Well we can't fault him for false modesty! I always wonder about people so eager to "blow their own horn"

[Editor's Note: Research on the recreation of the home movie of the death of JFK attributed to Abraham Zapruder continues to this day. Here, the leading technical expert on the film provides an introduction to some of the most important indications of fakery. Those who would like to pursue this complex and fascinating subject may want to consult the studies found in THE GREAT ZAPRUDER FILM HOAX.]

"the leading technical expert on the film " Well we can't fault him for false modesty! I always wonder about people so eager to "blow their own horn"

get educated regarding the subject matter, think for yourself for a change - give it a shot, who knows what you'll show us

get educated regarding the subject matter, think for yourself for a change - give it a shot, who knows what you'll show us

Dave - You reply to my post does not make sense, but that is what I'm used to that from you by now. My point obviously was that Costella has a rather inflated ego. How does my questioning him calling himself the leading technical expert on the film display ignorance or a lack or original thinking on my part?

I imagine that Fetzer wrote that line but Costella posted it. I doubt anybody outside your little circle would agree that Costella is the 'top dog' regarding the z-film.

Why don't you try and repomd to James Gordon's points. You've had plenty of time and being able to depend on "the leading technical expert on the film " for help it should be easy.

Edited by Len Colby