The Education Forum

Larry Florer?

Does anyone have any background information on Larry Florer? I am very interested in finding out who this guy really was.

In his statement given on the day of the assassination (see below), Florer says he went to the County Records Building looking for a telephone. I was always under the impression it was the Dal-Tex.

Anyway, any background on this guy would be hugely appreciated.

James

James,

He refers to two buildings (besides the TSBD), the County Recordings Building and "this building that I was standing in front of." It's the latter where he went to look for a phone.

His address is shown as 3609 Patomic in Dallas. A search at Mapquest finds no such street, but it's probably a phonetic misspelling of Potomac. Here is 3609 Potomac, if anyone in Dallas would like to try tracking Florer down:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?count...archtab=address

Have to say thank you to both of you.

You know when they do these documentaries and state facts you pick up for the first time they should get them straight themselves. Makes it so much harder. I even wrote notes to this as well as viewed it twice.

Just to make sure I get all the facts very straight.

Keep the faith and plugging on, is all that I can comment and thanks for that paper.

His address is shown as 3609 Patomic in Dallas. A search at Mapquest finds no such street, but it's probably a phonetic misspelling of Potomac. Here is 3609 Potomac, if anyone in Dallas would like to try tracking Florer down: (Ron Ecker)

Thanks, Ron.

If I were a betting man, and I am, I would put a lazy fifty on that the Larry Florer who lived on Potomac was not the man who the DPD questioned.

I'm sticking my neck out here but what the hell. Ridicule I can handle.

I firmly believe one individual who has gone underinvestigated over the years has been one Edmund Kolby. In the interview with Roy Hargraves printed in Larry Hancock's book which in my opinion is sprinkled with gold nuggets, Hargraves tries to direct traffic toward Dick Whatley via Kolby. Hargraves admits that he and Felip Vidal Santiago were on a flight to Dallas with 2 other guys. When asked if these guys were Ed Collins and Edmund Kolby, Hargraves doesn't commit. Hargraves also said that Whatley, James Arthur Lewis and Bobby Willis were also activated at the same time.

Anyway, I offer this comparison below. Has anyone ever noticed that Florer fits the description Lee Bowers gave of one of the men he saw positioned behind the fence.

The color image below is a contemporary one showing Edmund Kolby on the left. That is Howard K. Davis on the right.

James

If I were a betting man, and I am, I would put a lazy fifty on that the Larry Florer who lived on Potomac was not the man who the DPD questioned.

James

James,

Don't you have a good photo comparison of Florer and Ted Shackley, or is that one just too much of a reach?

Tim

Don't you have a good photo comparison of Florer and Ted Shackley, or is that one just too much of a reach? (Tim Carroll)

Tim,

I haven't done a Shackley/Florer comparison but I know Allan Eaglesham has explored the possibility. For me, Shackley possessed a certain intensity (in the eyes) that our Mr. Florer lacks.

IMO of course.

James

James

The Kolby photo and the Florer photo look very similar, a convincing case here.

I am quite certain "Florer" and "Braden" gave scripted disinformation after the shooting concerning what they were doing around the Dal-Tex, a ballistic point of origin. What do you have on Kolby? Who was he again?

Shanet

Sorry guys, but Florer is clearly not Shackley. (Wim Dankbaar)

I believe Wim is correct here. The question is, could Edmund Kolby be our mysterious Larry Florer?

James

What do you have on Kolby? Who was he again? (Shanet Clark)

Shanet,

Kolby is another one of those mysterious guys where very little background is available. He was originally from Finland I believe but don't quote me on that. He was associated with Gerry Hemming's Interpen for a time and like Roy Hargraves, James Arthur Lewis and Dick Whatley, was a known covert operative.

He is still alive and claims not to remember anything from those days. In the first photograph below, that is him on the far right.

BTW, the guy to Kolby's right I believe was also in Dealey Plaza. See comparison below.

Also, Tosh, if you read this, you might know the guy second from the left. I understand if you don't wish to identify him.

James

Edited by James Richards

Wim Dankbaar Posted Yesterday, 09:55 PM

The similarity with Braden's (cover) story is striking by the way.

Wim

Aye. Braden claimed to be walking on Elm from the Cabana Motor home from the other side of the underpass...

Wasn't there something fishy about the folks staying at that motel around 11/2263 anyhow. I don't recall if Braden's name was on the list, so if not, let his be added.

Perhaps these fellows were in town on "business" together...

Edited by Antti Hynonen

James Richards Posted Yesterday, 10:32 PM

What do you have on Kolby? Who was he again? (Shanet Clark)

Shanet,

Kolby is another one of those mysterious guys where very little background is available. He was originally from Finland I believe but don't quote me on that. He was associated with Gerry Hemming's Interpen for a time and like Roy Hargraves, James Arthur Lewis and Dick Whatley, was a known covert operative.

He is still alive and claims not to remember anything from those days. In the first photograph below, that is him on the far right.

BTW, the guy to Kolby's right I believe was also in Dealey Plaza. See comparison below.

Also, Tosh, if you read this, you might know the guy second from the left. I understand if you don't wish to identify him.

James

Not to be confused with William Colby, Deputy Director of the CIA back in those days. According to the Intelius site there is an Edmund Kolby, approximate age 67, living in Florida. Florida is the state with the largest number of Finnish immigrants.

Not to be confused with William Colby, Deputy Director of the CIA back in those days. According to the Intelius site there is an Edmund Kolby, approximate age 67, living in Florida. Florida is the state with the largest number of Finnish immigrants. (Antti Hynonen)

That may well be him Antti.

BTW, Jack Lawrence aka Donnie Allan Lance was also present at the Cabana. Didn't Bev Oliver claim to have danced with him or something? The good Reverend Lawrence is less than forthcoming these days.

James

Edited by James Richards