The Education Forum

Does Lifton's Best Evidence indicate that the coverup and the crime were committed by the same people?

27 minutes ago, Alistair Briggs said:

&

I just so happened to be reading Jim Marrs Crossfire earlier on today, in which it mentions the choice of Bethesda and points in the direction of Dr George G Burkley mentioning that it was Jackie that 'chose' Bethesda. Just came across online an 'oral history interview with Burkley' that the following quote comes from...

Excellent Alistair!  I'll buy that.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Gerry,

A history of General Walker explains much here.   This will help to explain why the JFK Cover-up Team had to strictly oppose the JFK Kill Team.

1.  General Walker opposed JFK at Ole Miss on September 30, 1962.   This is where the big mess started.  Hundreds were wounded and two were killed.

2.  JFK and RFK arrested General Walker on October 1, 1962, and sent him to an insane asylum, where he was promptly stripped naked -- according to Walker.

3.  The ACLU and psychiatrist Thomas Szasz quickly defended General Walker from this political use of psychiatry.   Walker was freed in three days.

4.  In January, 1963, a Mississippi Grand Jury declared Walker to be sane, and "therefore" innocent of all charges in the Ole Miss riots.

5.  General Walker had more reason to hate JFK and RFK than even Carlos Marcello at this point.

6.  Somebody tried to kill General Walker at his home in Dallas on April 10, 1963

7.  By Easter Sunday 14 April 1963, says Dick Russell, the FBI learned that Lee Harvey Oswald was the main suspect in this shooting (TMWKTM, 1992).

8.  General Walker found out about it around that very day -- according to Walker himself.  This is to be found in Walker's personal papers in Austin: http://www.pet880.com/images/19750623_EAW_to_Frank_Church.pdf

9.  Walker then spent the rest of the year plotting revenge against BOTH Lee Harvey Oswald and JFK.

10.  The Cubans were a means-to-an-end for General Walker.  Of course he was violently Anticommunist and wanted Fidel Castro dead -- but Walker wanted something more -- Walker also wanted JFK dead -- and he also wanted Lee Harvey Oswald dead.

11.  The evidence that the USA Radical Right killed JFK had to be suppressed for up to 75 years, simply because the USSR would have had a field day with it.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

I don't know about Walker being more pissed off than Marcello who had to almost crawl back to the U.S. through a Central American jungle, but I can see how he would hate the Kennedy's even more after that humiliating experience.  I also can't see Walker as being the major catalyst for Oswald's manipulation (or the President's assassination), due to Oswald's susceptibility (to manipulation) as a fake defector and agent-provocateur by a rogue cell within the CIA, working in concert with Mob elements and perhaps the Radical Right that you alluded to (business elites, John Birchers and even Walker).  IOW, there were other parties that instigated the assassination more so than Walker.

If there was a pre-arranged Cover-Up Team, I doubt they would be opposed to the JFK Kill Team.  But if a cover-up apparatus or team was born out of the bungled murder conspiracy, then I'd prefer to say that they did not buy the Kill Team's propaganda, and came up with the Lone Nut scenario instead.  This doesn't mean that certain key figures in the post-assassination cover-up team did not acquiesce to the murder of JFK.

Edited by Gerry Simone

8 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

Carlos Marcelo was Sicilian, not Latino.

Correct.  Born Calogero Minacori.

3 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Paul T - why are you writing about your Walker theory on this thread?

I think Mr. Trejo was explaining his position in response to my point as to who was behind the assassination.

1 hour ago, Paul Trejo said:

Yes, his intro page.

Regards 

--Paul 

Thanks.  I"ll check that now.

8 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Operation Northwoods, designed to provoke an invasion of Cuba, was the brainchild of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, folks like LeMay and Lemnitzer, about as far right as you can get. ("Let's do a first strike on Russia, we'll only lose a few million people.") Why were these nuts outright proposing terrorist acts in America for the sole purpose of getting rid of Castro?

I don't think it was for the sole purpose of getting rid of Castro.  Those guys believed that the USA could win in a nuclear exchange with the Soviets (if one can believe that anyone could win a nuclear world war).

4 minutes ago, Gerry Simone said:

I don't think it was for the sole purpose of getting rid of Castro.  Those guys believed that the USA could win in a nuclear exchange with the Soviets (if one can believe that anyone could win a nuclear world war).

Operation Northwoods was a plan to justify the elimination of Castro.

Just now, Michael Clark said:

This is interesting, It explains why Paul rejects mob involvement in the JFKA. Big mistake. Marcello was  a prime mover.

I agree with Jim Di Eugenio that the JFK Assassination wasn't just a mob hit.  OTOH, I feel the mob had their small part in it (get Ruby to shoot Oswald).  Maybe a little more (the Ultimate Sacrifice/Legacy of Secrecy website includes declassified files such as the bribery of a CIA liaison to the Mob for the AMWORLD secret plan which they claim was used to blackmail the U.S. government into covering up the assassination lest they reveal that plan to the Soviets - but Di Eugenio mentioned to me that it was just a plan, however it probably still had extortive leverage).

5 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

Operation Northwoods was a plan to justify the elimination of Castro.

So that was the stated objective?  (Sorry I can't check that now).

9 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

It's a damn shame that Lansdale didn't tell JFK about the rumors. The trip just might have been canceled a la Chicago.

Talk about the fox guarding the chicken coop.  

10 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ron,

This is a crucial question.

Why would the US Government cover up a Radical Right plot instead of bringing them to justice immediately?

The answer is in the 1960's.  It was the Cold War.  The USSR would have had a field day.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Well, it was not just a war fought on the battlefield but psychological and propagandist in nature too if not more so.

21 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

Cliff, I, presently, believe that the assassins were Anti-Castro Cubans, sheep-dipped as Communist Cubans. The DPD and the mob, via Jack Ruby, handeled the on-the-ground needs of the cover-up, while LBJ and Hoover handeled the top-level work. Poppy and Co., like Nixon and Co. handled the money-brokers and the power(legislative)-brokers.

Cheers

Michael

Nice recap but where's the CIA here?  (Poppy supposedly was a contract agent, but I'm referring to the likes of Hunt, Sturgis, Morales, etc.)